Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Your guides are ****.

Creator: throatslasher August 31, 2012 12:37pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2012 3:59pm | Report
Pick one guide to represent every featured guide?

Seems legit.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Vavena
<Member>
Vavena's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2012 4:00pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

Hi throatslasher,

I don't really appreciate the title thread (just because of the excessive unnecessary aggression), but the conversation seems to be constructive enough that we can keep it going for now. Just letting you know yes I have read every comment in this thread, but I don't have much to add at this point as several of the Vets have said what I would say anyways.

I am curious though, how does Solomid deal with verifying that the Solomid account is the same as the LoL account they're claiming to have 2k elo on (or whatever)? The only thing I can think of is adding them to friends and discussing it with them on LoL. We really wish Riot would let us somehow link LoL account to MOBAFire account as that would let us do a lot of cool stuff but that's not the case.

Also, Booshido isn't plat, silly Nighthawk... http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19495620

Pfft Boosh plat? Never. Atleast he got 1.7k hahaa
They grow up so fast :3
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2012 4:03pm | Report
I agree with most of what this guy's saying, even if he is being pretty rude about it.

Actually I brought this particular guide up myself in the scout forum a while ago as an example of sheer wtf.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2012 4:09pm | Report
lol I thought he had hit 1900 by now, guess not :)

astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2012 4:43pm | Report
Compared to Solo Mid's method for approval, your scout point system encourages ***********ing so that a guide gets known and/or gets nominated for scouting and/or catches the eyes of a scout.
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2012 4:49pm | Report
People put too much value on ELO. Elo isn't a perfect indication of skill level. I've played with peoples of all elo's from 900 all the way up to 2.2k and a few 2.4k players. I've seen players at the 2k level that I feel I was better than, and I've been carried by players at the 1200 elo level. While I do believe ranked can be a measure of skill I will admit that there is a minor element of luck and an element of "how well you can play solo queue". I don't really buy into ******** reasoning of why people can't get elo, because I believe any player can achieve platinum if they work at it.

Now in regards to what Throatslasher is saying, I don't understand why we would put platinum elo players on a pedestal. I think Jeffy said it best when he said, "what is solomid other than a website for people to suck off pro players". That's pretty much what it is, why do we want mobafire to be like that. For as many idiots as we have here, I can say I genuinely like the community because it isn't so elo driven. There really isn't that "900 elo noob gtfo" in every thread. Ironic that it took someone from solomid to bring that mentality here. Nope i didn't think it was that ironic either.
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Vavena
<Member>
Vavena's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2012 5:14pm | Report
Moon... = =
People do not put too much value on elo. Elo isn't a perfect indication of skill, but it's accurate enough. There is not such thing as getting to high elo with luck. Getting carried by duo by playing support sure, that's possible since you see it with a few 2k+ female players. But anyways there is no such thing as being better then a 2k when you are having issues winning in the lower elo range.

btw no one worships plats, or at least I don't. I really don't like it when people bow down to them like they are gods or some ****.. they are just as human as a random 800 elo :D

Onoku
<Member>
Onoku's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2012 5:56pm | Report
Hey throatslasher, go **** yourself.
Vavena
<Member>
Vavena's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2012 5:59pm | Report
Onoku wrote:

Hey throatslasher, go **** yourself.

Don't be rude D:

Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2012 6:00pm | Report

Wow. There is human life in this community after all. I thank you, nighthawk and jeffy for your words.

I would invite you to join me in a campaign to overhaul the guide system on this website. I don't want to lead the crusade. I'm an unknown to this community, but not for long. I would like to share some ideas that are kind of off the top of my head.

1. remove the percentages from +1/-1'ing a guide. just have upvotes and downvotes. I find, as a newbie looking at the guide, that the percentages next to the guides are confusing.

2. create a true, hard-*** guide mod team of nothing but platinum players at first. These people know how to win. The best way to win, is to build optimally and play optimally. Have people submit applications, along with 10-15 champs that are their mains. Create a guide squad that has all 101 champions covered.

3. Remove all featured guides from being featured, and bump them down to 'hottest'

4. No more "top 5 guides" too much **** is floating up into the top 5.

5. Make your featured section something that people go to when they want to know, hands down balls out, the best way to play a champion. There can be SLIGHT variation. Rod of ages morgana is fine, but abyssal rush is good, and zhonyas rush is OPTIMAL.

5.5 Have each guide for each champion co-written by 2 people, and approved/edited by 2 additional staff members, or written by 1 person, and approved/edited by 4 additional staff members. They can't straight edit, but they can make recommendations and take votes on issues with the guides.

5.75 Each featured guide will have a youtube video of a high elo ranked game where that champ is being played. The rare exceptions will be people like heimerdinger and other tragically underpowered champs. Then, at the top of the guide, will be a disclaimer like, "HEIMERDING IS A VERY FUN, UNIQUE CHAMPION. HIS KIT MAKES HIM VERY STRONG AT SECURING OBJECTIVES AND POKE. HOWEVER, HIS KIT IS VERY UNDERWHELMING, AND HE CAN BE A DETRIMENT TO A TEAM. THAT BEING SAID, YOU SHOULD ONLY PLAY HEIMERDINGER IN RANKED AT YOUR OWN RISK. IF YOU LIKE HEIMERDINGER, YOU MIGHT LIKE ZYRA. SHE IS VERY COMPETITIVE, AND HAS A SIMILAR KIT, ALL WHILE BEING INFINITLY MORE USEFUL THAN HEIMER, PLEASE, ENJOY THE GUIDE"

6. Remove voting from these featured guides. There is no point.

Haven't really read the entire thread, but I agree with most of these points (and yeah that featured Karma guide you linked is pretty bad and should not be featured).
You have some pretty good ideas but you really don't have to be such an elitist jerk to get your points across. I think you need to wake up and realize being 1900 elo doesn't make you special. People with your attitude are what makes playing at 1900 such an awful experience.
I think if you'd just change your attitude, a lot of people would listen to you cause I really think you have some very good suggestions to improve the guide system here.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide