Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Doubt about MOBAFIRE guide ranking. Help!

Creator: White Cr0w March 3, 2015 2:28am
1 2 3 4 5
White Cr0w
<Backstabber>
White Cr0w's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2015 2:28am | Report
Hello everybody!

I've been visiting Mobafire for years and I have some content posted. However I have something that is REALLY confusing me and I thought you guys could bring some light into this:

I have an In-Depth Shaco guide on Mobafire. Kinda successful, once the Top2 guide of Shaco on the site. However and since the new season started, and even when I'm updating the guide every week, I find that everyday someone else guide gets over me and gets more up on the Top Rated LIST even when that guides HAVE NO VOTES AT ALL, they have negative votes or just worse stats.

Let me bring you a Screenshot to be more Graphical.

As you see, there are guides with NO VOTES, just a single vote, almost empty guides with items that don't exist anymore on core, or just guides with worse stats above the "Behind enemy lines" one with almost 300k views.

Do you know why this happens? Is it normal? How the list works?
Don't take this as a QQ thread, it is just a bit demotivating working on a extensive, once successful guide just to see it going down and down on the list!

Thank you,

W.Crow
[deleted]
<Editor>
oxide110's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2015 3:54am | Report
The mobafire guide ranking system is terrible since forever I believe. There are 4 different guide pages which all give different rankings, because of the position on google these pages have.

London is one hour ahead of the rest of England -Luther3000
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2015 4:14am | Report
[deleted] wrote:
The mobafire guide ranking system is terrible since forever I believe.

Basically the reason I gave up on guide reviews. Literally does nothing, especially in this current rendition of the screwed up system. Plus it does a worse job of advertising newly guides written guides. I miss the 'new guides' tab.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2015 4:30am | Report
Illuminati Shaco build not doing Triforce, what a conceptual disaster.

I'm with Sirel on this one though, why the hell is it so hard for me to go over and look at new guides that I can provide feedback for?
Foxy Riven
<Editor>
Foxy Riven's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2015 4:54am | Report
I quit looking at new guides when the tab disappeared, too much effort now :)

About your guide being ranked low, it will sort itself out I guess if you keep it updated. All those prior to yours are "Fresh" as well. Weird that yours aint at the top but oh well, you'll get back up there.
(Check out my guides, they're linked to their pictures!)

If I helped you in any way, that +REP is always nice^^
White Cr0w
<Backstabber>
White Cr0w's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2015 4:59am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:
Illuminati Shaco build not doing Triforce, what a conceptual disaster.

I loled more than I should have on this one.

[deleted] wrote:
The mobafire guide ranking system is terrible since forever I believe. There are 4 different guide pages which all give different rankings, because of the position on google these pages have.

I wonder if is it there any way to Ask for a fix on this system. The site is important enough to this being at least reviewed.

Foxy Riven wrote:
About your guide being ranked low, it will sort itself out I guess if you keep it updated. All those prior to yours are "Fresh" as well. Weird that yours aint at the top but oh well, you'll get back up there.

Thank you darling, you're sexy. The bad thing about this is that I was up already! I keep seeing it going below and below while I keep adding and improving the content/styling, while almost empty guides with no views/votes/trollbuilds get over me without much effort on the Top-rated list.

Frustrating overall! :D
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2015 5:23am | Report
I can tell you we've asked the admins/devs more than once to fix this in our Veteran only forums, but they still didn't fix ****.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2015 6:11am | Report
This is the new and currently active voting system http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/forum/news/season-4-comes-to-mobafire-along-with-a-new-guide-scoring-system-26205

I'm not 100% sure if it's been modified since but that's pretty much how it works.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2015 7:48am | Report
Well maybe it would work better if the things that would've been coming soon would've actually come soon.

And yes I agree on the new guides, I haven't even read a guide since that tab disappeared.

They're all separate issues though, and this is just one tiny thread. Wouldn't want anyone to overlook one.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2015 10:00am | Report
Vynertje wrote:
I can tell you we've asked the admins/devs more than once to fix this in our Veteran only forums, but they still didn't fix ****.

Also on public forums too.
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide