Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

EXTREMELY long loading times + img width...

Creator: jhoijhoi November 11, 2015 12:38pm
1 2 3
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2015 12:38pm | Report
I'm on Chrome, in Brisbane Australia.

MobaFire pages are loading extremely slowly (15+ seconds with the bottom thing saying "waiting for www.mobafire.com..." forever before the page even starts loading), regardless of which page I'm trying to load. It's 6:43AM here, which is 3:43PM in America. Is that peak time? If not, something is wrong with loading times.

Also, img width seems to be borked across my whole ranked thread.

Those two images are sized to 500 and yet are different sizes and NOT 500.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by natuhlee ♡
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2015 12:47pm | Report
Just a quick update, I'm trying to edit my ranked thread. When I clicked "Preview", it took over a minute to generate the page and my changes didn't appear.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
SecondCaller
<Member>
SecondCaller's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2015 1:00pm | Report
Having the same problem here and strugling a lot. Sometimes it copies the chapters i'm currently editing multiple times and after that I'm unable to delete them because it won't save. Tried waiting for it but it was still loading after 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2015 1:33pm | Report
MOBAfire has been responding slowly for a couple of months now. Today it got especially sluggish though. I wonder if it's a bandwidth problem or just some server-side bug. It might be that the preseason update brought a ton of people looking for guides and the server just couldn't handle it :P
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2015 2:08pm | Report
Yeap can confirm that it's really slow for me too, I have to wait 30-45 seconds for every page load.

Also when I posted some pictures in the Faces to Names thread I had to remove them (made them a link instead) because they broke the page. Didn't take screenshots, could try to replicate if it's appreciated :)

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 12, 2015 9:37am | Report
Every page takes 1-2 minutes to load for me and has for like a week now. It's getting really annoying.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 12, 2015 11:32am | Report
Try running adblock on mobafire. Yes I will actively encourage running adblock on this site until the sheer ridiculous volume of ads and auto-play videos is heavily reduced. My entire browser used to lag because of mobafire
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 12, 2015 11:48am | Report
Now that you say it, I actually never deactivated adblock on mobafire. I still got the slow loading times so I'll deactivate it and see if it's really slower.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 12, 2015 1:00pm | Report
Just popping in to mention we are aware of this, I know the devs have mentioned that the site has seen high traffic since the start of preseason yesterday (which is when it started being really slow) but that obviously shouldn't mean the situation can't be improved. Looking into it.

@ Mooninites
MOBAFire has been running fine for months without Adblock for me, and we've mentioned several times in the past that we don't want users to encounter ads with sound (if you report them to us they will be removed).

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 12, 2015 1:42pm | Report
I don't care if they play sound or not, they still auto play and when you have giant ad wall-paper and 2 video or gif/animation ads playing simultaneously your browser is going to get **** on
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide