Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

High Elo

Creator: jhoijhoi November 17, 2016 11:24pm
16 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2016 11:24pm | Report
Is Gold considered High Elo now? I saw a few guides with the green "high elo" banner and took a look. They're all gold? :/
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Tauricus2017 ♡
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2016 2:26am | Report
I think Riot considers Silver 1 and lower "low elo", and since they're too ***** to state Gold 5 to Diamond 5 (or 2, depending on the snob :v ) "mid elo", that means Gold 5+ is high elo.

Of course if you ask players, the general stance is "anything below what I have is low elo" :v
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2016 9:09am | Report
IIRC MOBAFire has always considered gold as high elo
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2016 10:14am | Report
Gold may not be "high elo" anymore, but I had to grind 400+ games all the way from Bronze II to get there. I probably belong here because I haven't had much success trying to get higher, but at least I'm self-aware enough to understand this.

I'll be honest though, you're pretty lucky if op.gg is showing an accurate winrate. When I had my stint of losing 70% of my games, I dropped into Silver I twice and had to go through two promotional series to get back into Gold.
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2016 10:54am | Report
Deleted off-topic comments, warnings will be sent out shortly. Keep posts constructive and on-topic.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2016 11:53am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:
Is Gold considered High Elo now? I saw a few guides with the green "high elo" banner and took a look. They're all gold? :/

Gold has always been regarded as “High Elo” by MOBAFire, in fact, you supported this yourself. However, I must say that this is an excellent question, and we are lucky to have you in our community.

Keep up the good work!

I, however, propose we should change it, if it's not too much trouble, to maybe only include Diamond and up, because those are the true experts, people like Vapora Dark, for example. Not that I don't think you're great Jhoijhoi, please do not take any offence.

Mowen wrote:
Deleted off-topic comments, warnings will be sent out shortly. Keep posts constructive and on-topic.

I trust my comment was sufficiently constructive and relevant to the topic. Should that not be the case, please inform me of this and I will rectify my mistake as soon as humanly possible.

Thank you for keeping our site clean!

P.S. I just wish for us all to be friends, and have fun together in this wonderful community :).
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2016 1:23pm | Report
o.o I missed whatever comments were considered off topic, but I imagine they were just as petty as Nick's above post. Get over yourself. I haven't even tried to gain a rank this preseason, so it's not like I'm saying I'm amazing. Far out.

And if I ever supported Gold as high elo, Nick, it was a long time ago; you certainly aren't the same person you were 5 years ago, and neither am I. Check the scout forums where I have advocated for High Elo (and scout) to be Plat+ or higher more recently (like two years ago, I guess).

I'm all for high elo meaning Diamond and above. Just in terms of people coming to Mobafire and looking at guides and seeing High Elo and then realising it's a Gold guide. Doesn't really make sense to me.

Mid Plat would be acceptable too, considering Plat 3 - Master I is roughly the top ~3% of all players.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2016 1:41pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:
o.o I missed whatever comments were considered off topic, but I imagine they were just as petty as Nick's above post. Get over yourself. I haven't even tried to gain a rank this preseason, so it's not like I'm saying I'm amazing. Far out.

I never said anything like that, and assuming that is just kind of mean. Also, the way you're phrasing this is actually pretty hurtful, I thought you were supposed to be the kind face of this community?

jhoijhoi wrote:
And if I ever supported Gold as high elo, Nick, it was a long time ago; you certainly aren't the same person you were 5 years ago, and neither am I. Check the scout forums where I have advocated for High Elo (and scout) to be Plat+ or higher more recently (like two years ago, I guess).

I am still the childish failure I was back then, though. Although, this has nothing to do with me or who I am, the status of Gold has not changed in all those years due to the nature of the ranking system; either it's “High Elo” or it isn't. You are seemingly basing this on your own personal ranking to suit your own needs, or well, that is the vibe I am getting, tell me if I'm wrong here.

jhoijhoi wrote:
I'm all for high elo meaning Diamond and above. Just in terms of people coming to Mobafire and looking at guides and seeing High Elo and then realising it's a Gold guide. Doesn't really make sense to me.

Mid Plat would be acceptable too, considering Plat 3 - Master I is roughly the top ~3% of all players.

Glad we agree. However, I must ask, why is the top 3% suddenly good enough? Why is 3 the magic number here? Why not the top 1%? Or the top 1‰? Just admitting to my own curiosity.

Thank you in advance for responding to this post, although I hope it will be a more pleasant post than the one I am currently responding to.

P.S. I wish you a very nice day :)
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2016 1:58pm | Report
Not trying to be petty, personally, just being honest.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2016 3:11pm | Report
Regarding the topic at hand, there are a couple of different ways we could address this:
1. Re-evaluate what we feel counts as "high elo" and adjust accordingly.
2. Replace the green "high elo" mark by the same ones in guide lists, which simply mention the actual rank (gold, platinum, diamond etc.). Users can then decide for themselves what they consider to be "high" or "low" elo.

The second option would probably require a few more changes overall (we'd have to think about how to adjust the guide filter for it too, for example), but if you guys feel that's the better option then obviously that should be possible.

With that said, I want to re-emphasise that all posts from now on should be constructive and on-topic. No need for personal attacks, no need for mudslinging (this also involves baseless assumptions about posts that were removed).

Looking forward to hear what you guys would prefer to see :)

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide