Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Plis bring back blogs to the front page

Creator: FalseoGod April 10, 2015 2:48am
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2015 5:41am | Report
I think it might be bad for mobafire's image/navigation, but I personally don't get upset when I see them
Thank you Tsuki for the sig!

OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2015 6:55am | Report
Plus if I recall correctly, they removed blogs from the front page as some scheme to "free up the space" on it. But now it looks barren. Empty. TBH. Just put em back where they were; under the comments feed. Please.

Edit: In fact! I think we could go further and just make 3 separate comment feeds? main one is the thread feed (as it already is). Make a second one for guide creation and discussion (new guides are displayed here, as well as any guide comment) and then a blog comment feed which displays the posting of a new blog and then any comments. Thoughts?

I think this would actually flesh out the front page more, cause currently it's just a big blank space under the comment feed (hey this is a problem people always mention on GMD's guide format!)

Edit #2: While I'm at it, can we get a new box for "hot" guides next to the popular ones? I like the new boxes as they actually show good guides now, but some newer guides that are getting some attention could use some featuring on the front page as well. :]
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2015 8:02am | Report
They removed blogs from the front page because "no one was reading them", which seemed like the opposite of logic to me because previously blogs from well known members were getting 300-1000 views and several pages of comments and now practically no one reads or writes blogs at all. It kinda pissed me off because I used to like making them occasionally.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2015 8:07am | Report
Blogs where like, my schtick.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2015 8:15am | Report
Should update thread name to "OTG wants the stick"

OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2015 8:19am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:
Should update thread name to "OTG wants the stick"

"Schtick"*
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2015 8:24am | Report

"Schtick"*

Ok we get it Michelle Visage, fancy names for simple things

(ps for the bluezies/redzies: this thread is kinda derailable because it doesn't really require a lot of discussion/dialogue methinks)

VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2015 8:28am | Report
Upvote for more visibility of blogs on Mobafire (yes since I do some blogging, I stand to benefit from the increased visibility).

I'm looking at it more as a content trifecta.

Front Page
Forum
Blogs

I get useful information from them all of them at times, but the blogs have the least visibility.

Typical usage is to read the ticker on the right of the screen and any news on the front page, then hop into the forums via the ticker, then when I run out of stuff there I....

Remember that there are blogs (okay really I go to surrender@20 or solomid or nerfplz after that).
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2015 2:53pm | Report
As Luther pointed out they were removed because no one was looking at them. This tells us visitors to the front page were not interested in them. It doesn't really make sense to put content on the front page that the average user has already shown us they're not interested in.

Since the blog feature seems to more be for regular community members who already know where it's located, I feel like the current visibility works.

That being said, if you put the time into a thoughtful / helpful blog that either inspires discussion or helps players with their strategies, I encourage you to PM it to Wayne and Psiguard. We'll see if we can do anything to feature it if it's good. :)
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2015 4:13pm | Report
Mowen wrote:
As Luther pointed out they were removed because no one was looking at them.

Luther was quoting the reasons stated for this, but none of us is really agreeing. Why not at least create a space further down for blogs?

I don't believe regulars look into blogs often nowadays because they're harder to get to. Besides, most regulars also, as I said, usually need to put a comment in their own blog saying "post so people read this blog" or something of sorts since otherwise the blog will almost 100% surely not get any views at all.

Also, most popular blogs aren't about league at all. It's about people - their lives, why they're playing less league, etc. It's actually a way for Mobafire members to share with others a few details of their life and it's probably the place where I've seen the most honestly felt exchange of comments, along with a few nastyness now and then that happens pretty much everywhere on mobafire anyway
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide