Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides
's Forum Avatar

Problem with Links to Youtube Videos

Creator: Xylarboden
March 6, 2013 8:42pm
6 posts page 1 of 1 Forums » Site Support » Problem with Links to Youtube Videos
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Xylarboden » March 6, 2013 8:42pm | Report
So in my guide, I have several links to specific points in Youtube videos, but instead of being directed to that desired time in the video, the video simply starts from the beginning. I'd post an example, but apparently I'm not allowed to post shortener links in the forums?

This might be a problem with Youtube and not with Mobafire, but I just wanted to let the community know, just in case it is within Mobafire's control.
Xylarboden's Forum Avatar

Xylarboden
<Member>
Rep: Unremarkable (6)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by jhoijhoi » March 8, 2013 12:56pm | Report
Quoted:
The "Early Game" part of my General Gameplay section was essentially a copy and paste from Psiguard's Malphite Guide (It's not plagiarism if I cite, right?). Honestly, I just couldn't write it any better than he already did, so props to you, Psiguard, for coming up with those excellent pointers.

No, that's not okay, especially if you didn't ask him.

As for the Youtube time thing, I couldn't find the time links, so I couldn't test them out for you.

Nice guide though.
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
Rep: Exalted (1943)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Xylarboden » March 9, 2013 4:10pm | Report
I have messaged him with an apology and a request for permission to use his ideas.

And thanks.

Xylarboden
<Member>
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Xylarboden » March 10, 2013 3:11pm | Report
Oh also, one of the links is in the counters section, in the part about Lee Sin. There's a link to a video that's supposed to go to around the 15 minute mark and it doesn't.

Xylarboden
<Member>
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Mowen » March 10, 2013 7:41pm | Report
Thanks, just to let you know I have reported this to the programmers but since it's a pretty niche issue it might take a while for them to get to it.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Mowen's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Mowen
<Production Coordinator>
Rep: Renowned (580)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Xylarboden » March 10, 2013 8:32pm | Report
Thanks, Mowen :)

Xylarboden
<Member>
Blog   |   Profile

Quick Reply:

Guest commenting is currently disabled, please log in or sign up to respond!