Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Re-enabled ADP, getting ad's redirecting me to...

Creator: Daemonhall April 1, 2017 12:49pm
Daemonhall
<Member>
Daemonhall's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 1, 2017 12:49pm | Report
Have to re-enabled Adblock Plus because I'm getting ads that are redirecting me to a website, which looks like a google chrome page, and says critical update important.

https://eoguunzbc.net/6043168149188/3c5eff1b2278d3cb90726266a90a8e24/0685be70f78ff33c7ef086fc3f7de724.html

Please filter your ads better so I can feel safe to unblock your website from Adblock Plus.

And this happens when I click on a guide, first time I clicked it, it redirected me, second time it took me to the guide.

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/7-5-anivia-mid-top-amp-support-gold-300k-guide-500557
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 1, 2017 11:07pm | Report
Well, this is moot now as we just changed advertisers, like 2 minutes before I wrote this comment. So whatever issues may have been there with the previous provider are gone now anyway.

That said, often times an issue like this turns out to be a previous infection of the user's system that intentionally behaves in a way that makes it look like it's an ad. Especially when we don't get any other complaints. We've seen this happen several times. To be safe, you should scan your system and keep an eye out.
Daemonhall
<Member>
Daemonhall's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2017 5:03pm | Report
Computer is clean boss, fresh Win 10 install as well. Glad to hear you changed advertisers though. And the problem only ever happened once, with that situation I explained above.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide