Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

SUGGESTION - Moba Recommended Items

Creator: AncientNecro January 25, 2012 8:44am
1 2
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2012 2:06pm | Report
Yeah this already came up.

Like I said, getting people to agree on an actually good item build would be near impossible.
Kurt_Ottman
<Member>
Kurt_Ottman's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2012 12:11am | Report
The recommended items by Riot isn't optimal, but they give you a fair balance in items, so they're for the newer players. You wouldn't buy a Doran's Shield on Master Yi, for instance (because everyone knows Doran's Ring or Doran's Blade are better choices), but it will still give you a fair balance of offense, defense and utility in the end.

Tipping a champion out of balance is what Mobafire is for, but in which direction? I, for instance, prefer a tanky Lee Sin and Warwick, while on Taric, I like to go tanky AD.

So it will be quite hard deciding on a stone-clad build that is not balanced. It tips one way or another, really, and is all about preference.

What I suggest instead, is a "popular build of the week" which is voted on by the users. Basically, the author of guides can enable their build to be voted on, and the top voted build for that champion will be featured in a "popular build of the week" list. The reason I say week, is because Riot has updates every week, so the Meta has low chances to change during that time.
There is no victory without humility.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2012 9:36am | Report

Stuff that I want to quote but I'm not. I'm quoting just so you know I'm responding to you.

I really wish I could tell you what we're working on behind the scenes. Let's just say, it'll be interesting and possibly good if it works out well.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
Kurt_Ottman
<Member>
Kurt_Ottman's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2012 12:10am | Report
I'm looking forward to it with anticipation :)
There is no victory without humility.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide