Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

[Suggestion] - Multiquote

Creator: Janitsu May 17, 2014 1:32pm
1 2
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2014 1:32pm | Report
I can assume that most of the people here know what multiquote is? For those who do not; it is a system that allows you to pick multiple posts and then it automatically creates the post with them (quoted).

Why I think this could be useful:

Let's say you are a guide author. You have got 5 questions during the night but you don't want to use @USERNAME system and you don't know how to make quote coding. You don't want to spam either. Wat do?

You have an AMA thread. Many questions during a short period. Same thing, you don't know coding and don't like @USERNAME system.

You want to reply to many posts. No knowledge on how to multiple quote and you aren't fond of @USERNAME System.

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2014 1:39pm | Report
Would be quite nice indeed. Mobafire please!
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2014 2:22am | Report
Created topic about 1 year ago. The outcome was around "It's not necessary and it can be avoided by copy pasting names" or something like that. It was possible in old quote system but it got abused.

- Based on what I remember so this might not be 100% accurate but this is not going to happen most likely.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2014 4:18pm | Report
Do you mean quotes within quotes? If so, Matt removed that functionality as people were being silly with quote pyramids.

If you mean quote me, quote you, quote someone else in the same post, you can do that by right-clicking the "quote" button and opening it in a new tab. Simply gather all the quotes you want that way, put them in the same post, and you're done.

Not sure how multi-quote would work coding wise either?
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
[deleted]
<Editor>
oxide110's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2014 11:39pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Not sure how multi-quote would work coding wise either?

The same as every other forum software you click each post you want to quote then you're good to go.

London is one hour ahead of the rest of England -Luther3000
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 19, 2014 8:58am | Report
Even if they don't know @username then presumably they'd write "username:" or "to username", it seems like that's not really an issue. It would be convenient but not really necessary.

I will make a note of it though.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Jack Rubino
<Member>
Jack Rubino's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 19, 2014 9:39am | Report
Issue or not its still something that could make some people's life easier(yeah being lazy is kinda common :3 ). Just a little addition that can do nothing but help a bit :D
"You belong in a museum!"
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2014 1:07pm | Report

this is the poor reason why I WE need it.

I've covered it up so you can't guess who it is

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2014 4:58pm | Report
But, you could've put all your quotes and responses in one post. :P You just put the name in [quote=name]quote goes here[/quote].

Maybe an easier solution would be for the "Quote" button to put the quote in the text box, but not redirect you? So you can just click the quote button on each post and it will shoot the quotes into the text editor. What do you think of that?
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 17, 2014 12:50am | Report
Mowen wrote:

Maybe an easier solution would be for the "Quote" button to put the quote in the text box, but not redirect you? So you can just click the quote button on each post and it will shoot the quotes into the text editor. What do you think of that?

I'd love it. It's a pain to open another tab to quote multiple people. Or go find their name to properly copy/paste.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide