Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

[Suggestion] "Welcome to MobaFire"...

Creator: jhoijhoi January 7, 2013 5:18am
Would this sort of email/PM have benefited you when you first joined MobaFire?
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2013 5:18am | Report
When someone joins MobaFire, they should receive a PM/email with links to the Support Forum, Frequently Asked Questions , Guide Basics and BBCode Guide (or my Making a Guide Guide?). (this could also extend to promoting eSports Central/MobaFire TV etc)

It can be in the form of a letter or somesuch, "... and if you need help with guide writing XXXX" and "please check our FAQ xxxxx" and "if you require assistance check out our Support Forum xxxxx".

Just some sort of general email that introduces them to MobaFire and gives them the links to all the "important" aspects so they are exposed to everything.

It wouldn't hurt to send this PM/Email to all members to give them an idea of what can be done on MobaFire. Many websites automatically send a PM to the user introducing them to the site and I've always wondered why MobaFire didn't.

The only email I got when I signed up was, "Thank you for joining MOBAFire! Before you can log in, you must verify your email address by visiting the following link. You may either click it or copy it and paste it into the address bar of your web browser."

It had no pictures and didn't even say anything like, "Thanks from the MobaFire team!" or anything. This came off as impersonal... I know all "welcome" emails are automatic, but MobaFire's is the most generic/unlively/unenthusiastic I've ever seen.

tldr; look at the picture to the right to see an example of a great "welcome" email/PM that I think MobaFire could really benefit from. It's eye-catching, informative and links me to all the important stuff that I need to know.

I'll whip up an example in a second, but you could pretty much just steal Seek's template.

Thoughts?

Could you imagine someone receiving this PM after publishing a guide???

"Get to know your guide"
"Guide writing tips and tricks"
"Expand your reader base"

How much better would newly made guides be if people had the resources RIGHT THERE and no excuse??

Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2013 7:45pm | Report
I think this is a really nice idea and seems easy enough, I could probably make it myself with a little help. Especially good suggestion since we need to update the welcome email anyways since people still get welcomed by virago. :P
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 2:56am | Report
That's great to hear! Do you think it'll be possible to send this sort of welcome email/PM to everyone, even current long time users? It'll bring their attention back to MobaFire if they've left, and even some seasoned users don't know much about the wikis/eSports/MobaFire TV etc.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide