Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

What is happening with Mobafire

Creator: FatelBlade January 13, 2017 12:07am
1 2
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2017 12:41am | Report
@ Matt can i hope for m.mobafire.com...

=)

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2017 6:00am | Report
Janitsu wrote:
@ Matt can i hope for m.mobafire.com...

=)

Still can't log into MOBAFire on my phone, had to stop using it there. :(
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2017 6:59am | Report
I'm typing this from my phone, seems like logging in works fine for me. I know you guys have mentioned there are more issues with using MF on a mobile phone (and I'll be testing the site on mobile within the next couple of days, so if you have any more specific feedback on that feel free to shoot me a message), but what exactly is going wrong for you when you try to log in?

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2017 7:30am | Report
For the record I have an iPhone 4s in case that's relevant, but I think the other guy that had the same issue as me used a different phone IIRC.

Generally browsing the site regularly causes me to get a message saying "A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded". And then it just refreshes the page, which on a phone on a slow loading site is extremely inconvenient for it to be happening multiple times while reading a single page of a single thread. It happens especially when I'm zooming in or out to read comments better.

It's impossible for me to log in through my phone because when I click the bar for either my e-mail or my password, my phone exaggeratedly zooms into the box as much as it possibly can to the point where I can only see the first letter of what I'm typing, meaning I have to zoom out a bit to type properly. That's an annoying issue on its own that's unrelated to MOBAFire, but on MOBAFire specifically since zooming in or out is the fastest way to trigger the crash, when my phone does its stupid 1000% zoom thing, the page freezes for a few seconds, then I get the message and the page refreshes. Rinse and repeat over and over since there's no way for me to even begin trying to enter my e-mail or password without triggering the zoom of all zooms which in turn triggers the refresh.

Also while I was typing this I had the MOBAFire front page just open on my phone doing nothing, and when I looked down it had just played the error message and begun reloading. I hadn't been browsing or zooming in or anything, just being idle on the MOBAFire front page was enough to eventually cause my phone to think there was an error and refresh the page.

This happens to me very rarely on Twitter as well when my phone is being slow for whatever reason, but with MOBAFire, ever since it started it's normal for me to have to go through at least one refresh while I try to navigate my way to whatever link I want to click (and zoom in close enough to click it), and then have 1-2 more refreshes while I'm reading the comments of that link.

MOBAFire's always a lot slower for me than other sites even before the refresh error happens, so I'm guessing the load of browsing MOBAFire right now is just too much for my phone.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2017 8:46am | Report
Hmm, that's probably tough for me to replicate in that case, seeing as page loading isnt all that slow for me and I have a phone that is only a few months old (Samsung Galaxy A5 2016). Still, seeing as I have seen others report similar issues before, I'll make sure to mention it as part of my "test results" as well :P thanks for the details

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
jokersprank
<Member>
jokersprank's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2017 12:40pm | Report
I've disabled my ad blocker on the main web page but for some reasons the site keeps reloading and my mouse is flickering, or it keeps loading for a long time. Might be my internet connection but I've noticed it when I disabled my ad blocker. On other sites it doesn't take as long.
Thanks for the sig jhojhoi ♡
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2017 1:41pm | Report
So you're saying that with Adblock enabled it doesn't flicker? Also, have you whitelisted other websites and does it work normally for those? I'm using Adblock myself and have MF whitelisted, but don't have any of the issues you're encountering.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
jokersprank
<Member>
jokersprank's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2017 2:28pm | Report
Yeah I tried it with OverwatchFire and the site was running smoothly for me with and without adblock. The amount of adverstisement on both sides is similar, so it's not ad animations making it slow. Dotafire is similar to Mobafire but no flickering. Smitfire was faster but the icon in the tab is flickering. Idk if it's on my end but right now nobody is in the internet except me.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2017 3:39pm | Report
In all seriousness, being able to log in and create a post isn't enough.

MOBAFire staff, do you *use* MOBAFire on your phone? Do you like it? Does seeing MOBAFire on a phone in any way inspire you to start browsing or accessing MF by phone more often? As for me, I have never, ever wanted to use MOBAFire on my phone except for that one single time when I was in the middle of London with my computer an ocean away from me. And I still remember how painful it was.

I'm not doing this to bash you in any way, but please do have the courtesy as a company to acknowledge that your website is in no way mobile-friendly.

There's not a single notion of responsive design. Hell, even when you're reading a guide with a smaller viewport, the right-hand "more guides" column doesn't flow to below the guide content, it just sticks there and you're left with an ugly and unwieldy horizontal scrollbar. In fact, the whole main menu at the top has a fixed with of 1136 pixels. That is wide. That means you can't have two browser windows next to each other on a 1080p monitor. You can't compare two guides without horizontal scrollbars on such a common resolution (of course, I'm sure the *content* will fit, but the website itself won't).

Of course, you're basically locking yourself in by forcing guide authors to style their guides using pixels and badly scaling rasterized images. I don't see any way to fix that soon. But the main menu and extra comments should at least flow into something decent in my opinion.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
FatelBlade
<Member>
FatelBlade's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2017 4:21pm | Report
What these other guys said, MOBAFire sucks on the phone.
Thanks to jhoijhoi for the awesome PsiGuard-loving sig!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide