Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Why can't we see what got us Rep?

Creator: MyBloodisBlack August 21, 2014 4:24am
1 2
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
MyBloodisBlack's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2014 4:24am | Report
I am not sure if this has ever been asked (I am sure it has though)

I have always wondered why we have a Rep option but yet we can not see why we got rep

I mean it would be awesome to see what I wrote on the forums that someone saw and liked so much that they gave it a thumbs up

And I am sure it may be because its meant to be a secret as to who gave you the nod of approval but surely its could be like....

6 people gave you +Rep for [Insert comment here]

Then you can see what people liked at least, Plus it would be interesting to see what everyone else got their points for especially if it turns out someone got 50 rep points for calling someone a "douche" or whether they got it because of a fantastic article they did.
"The Wolf eyes the Prey, The Cow eats the hay, One of them is a killer, The other his buffet"
emoriam
<Veteran>
emoriam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2014 5:59am | Report
But in which way would it be useful? If you are writing helpful and meaningful comments many people will respond to it by even telling that they Rep'd you or whatever. I don't think these information are interesting and just would be stuff for the statistics. I can see the reasons for people gaining Rep like someone doing reviews or artworks causing that people are saying "Thank you" by pressing the button. It's more intersting to work on the guide rating system or database in my eyes.
Thanks to Natuhlee for this sig!
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2014 6:07am | Report
A good use for this would be to mark posts as "closest to the truth" or something like that(others can see the post marked), but since the Q&A section features votes I don't think it's necessary. I think it would be a funny gimmick, but I can also see it leading to flame wars about unjustified rep and stuff. And that's a waste of breath imo.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2014 6:25am | Report
All statistics and data that are able to be shared are welcome to be shared imo. In this case, it can help you to know what kind of posts people like and how you can improve as a mobafire member based on that. However, the admins would have to create a whole system surrounding an idea which most of the people would not even use. The people that would use it, would most likely use it to grow their e-peen instead of actual selfimprovement.

So yeah, it would be a nice idea, but the work creating the system would not be worth the result.
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2014 6:30am | Report
Yea. Kind of a pointless venture trying to see who reps you. If whatever you got rep'd for was that awesome, the person usually tells you in the traditional "I lol'd. +rep" or "Well said, +rep." style comments.
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2014 6:47am | Report
yeah I got mine from saying "wow, this talon is better. He didn't die like 24 times"
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2014 3:15pm | Report
I actually have alot of reps idk where I got them from, alway wanted to know for what post I got it at least.
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2014 3:16pm | Report
xIchi wrote:
I actually have alot of reps idk where I got them from, alway wanted to know for what post I got it at least.

yup, same here.
Thanks to IPodPulse for this <3^
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
MyBloodisBlack's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2014 3:29pm | Report
I am not saying it should tell you WHO gave you +Rep, Just tells you what comments were awarded +Rep

As xIchi said it would be nice to know what you got it for and it would steer you hopefully towards posting better stuff in the future (unless as I said it turns out you got a ton of +rep for calling someone a 'douche')
"The Wolf eyes the Prey, The Cow eats the hay, One of them is a killer, The other his buffet"
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2014 3:33pm | Report
I think that it would be good if we knew who gave you the +rep as well.
This would not only allow as to know what kind of stuff the overall community but also what each person likes.
Thanks to IPodPulse for this <3^
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide