Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

WOAH FORUM AESTHETICS

Creator: jhoijhoi September 12, 2012 10:42pm
49 posts - page 5 of 5
1 2 3 4 5
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2012 10:02am | Report
I just came up with something that looks rather poor. I'm not so certain whether it was the same for the old design (I can barely remember how it was), however it certainly doesn't look good on this new one.

What I'm talking about is where the search bar is on the main page under "Community".

As you can see in the picture, here comes my explaination:
What is off here is that; first, you have the lighter blue bar which says "Forum", "Threads" and "Posts", then you have the search bar just underneath. The problem, visually, appears when you look in the right side of it, and there's this huge gap between where it says "Threads" and "Posts", and where the numbers for these values are located. The search bar's location is obviously what does this. I didn't notice this visually bugging thingy on the old design (Did the "Forum" bar have a gradient before? Maybe it was thinner?), or maybe I just didn't notice it until now.
I wouldn't say this is a necessity to do something about, but now, every time I go the the main page of the forums, I am bugged by it. xD

Perhaps the search bar could be either somehow put on the same line, or it could be placed above it? If you even bother doing anything about it, I guess I'll leave it to you to experiment with it a bit. ^^

Kirluu~
Check out my comprehensive guide for Jax !!
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2012 7:23pm | Report
IMPORTANT!

Profile on the right side of every post no longer shows summoner name. I find this really annoying. Why'd we get rid of it?

EDIT: Also their server isn't visible without opening up their profile. I miss that as well. :/
Thanks to Hoppermh for the sig!
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2012 9:01am | Report
Kirluu wrote:

-snip-

I don't see the problem. "Threads" is located above the column with the total number of threads for that subforum. "Posts" is likewise located above the number of posts in that subforum.
Thanks to Janitsu for the sig!
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2012 4:07pm | Report
It still bugs me that there's this huge gap in between.
I just used Paint to try and see how it would look otherwise:

As far as I can estimate, this would work out pretty well, although perhaps it's easier to judge if you can see the whole webpage with the search bar on top, as on this cut. Cba to make a big version though :S

Anyways, what do you think of it? I know it's not a big issue, but personally I think this would prove better than how it is now. :o

Kirluu~
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2012 5:05pm | Report
listen to kirluu
he makes a very good point
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2012 1:53am | Report
Well the main reason search is where it is, is because putting it above like that makes it disappear somewhat. Where it is now, you can't miss it, and we want to encourage users to see it and make use of it when it can help. We'll chat about it tho :)

@PsiGuard, will discuss that as well. We wanted to try and slim that down a bit. If more of that information was in the tooltip would that help?
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2012 2:33am | Report
@Matt@PsiGuard:
Not that it was directed towards me, but I think that it's the perfect option to put very basic info where it is now, and then put the more "Advanced" information in the tooltip :)
-
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2012 7:47am | Report
If you mean the tooltip on people's summoner icons, that's really buggy for me. The first time I mouse over it, it gets cut off on the right side of the screen. If I mouse over it again, the icon shows up on the left with none of the information.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Syther Blade
<Member>
Syther Blade's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2012 4:59pm | Report
is it e or does the most recent post on the side show the actual post not the name of the thread, I liked the old way more

Sigs By: Syther Blade (me), TheNamelessBard
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide