Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Wrong season 6 award

Creator: Adolebitque November 18, 2016 3:21pm
7 posts - page 1 of 1
Adolebitque
<Member>
Adolebitque's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2016 3:21pm | Report
So I created the account after S6 ended, I ended my season as Challenger but during preseason I decayed to Master and now my shiny trophy is a less shiny master tier trophy. Is there anything that can be done about this?
Flaming people since 2016
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2016 6:49pm | Report
Do you have any proof that you ended the season in Challenger (a screenshot of your profile with a challenger border or icon, or another site that shows you ended the season with the challenger rank)? It looks like op.gg also shows that you ended season 6 with the Master rank.

I'd be happy to give you your badge but I need to be sure Riot recognized that you were in challenger. If you don't have the border or summoner icon, you might have decayed just before Riot locked in the ranked rewards.
Thanks to Nyoike for the sig!
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2016 7:26pm | Report
How did you decay from solo Q challenger in preseason when solo q isn't enabled...?
Adolebitque
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2016 2:04am | Report
PsiGuard wrote:
Do you have any proof that you ended the season in Challenger (a screenshot of your profile with a challenger border or icon, or another site that shows you ended the season with the challenger rank)? It looks like op.gg also shows that you ended season 6 with the Master rank.

I'd be happy to give you your badge but I need to be sure Riot recognized that you were in challenger. If you don't have the border or summoner icon, you might have decayed just before Riot locked in the ranked rewards.

Sure thing, here is my summoner profile with Chall border:
https://i.gyazo.com/a1012ceb2b79970ab245cbf4e96d59dd.jpg

How did you decay from solo Q challenger in preseason when solo q isn't enabled...?

Well, a lot of people tried to squeeze into challenger in the final hour and I can only guess that the ones that quite didn't make it had started their game too late but had won anyway, making them challenger but after the season had ended - and thus pushing my account out (Well, I wasn't that low rank to begin with but I wasn't playing for 10 days because I had games banked and was rank 60 something).
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2016 6:33am | Report

Well, a lot of people tried to squeeze into challenger in the final hour and I can only guess that the ones that quite didn't make it had started their game too late but had won anyway, making them challenger but after the season had ended - and thus pushing my account out (Well, I wasn't that low rank to begin with but I wasn't playing for 10 days because I had games banked and was rank 60 something).

Ah right, I understand. You just barely retained your Challenger spot because the people that would later overtake you didn't finish their game in time, so you got the border while they were locked out of Challenger with more LP than you. Then even though solo Q was disabled the Challenger promotions kept on going through and it updated and knocked you out 24 hours later.

Makes sense!

Also that 8-way tie lul.

You didn't need to end in Challenger to get the trophy on MOBAFire by the way, just need to be registered as Challenger at any point. Op.gg does say you were Challenger during your last solo queue game, so if you'd registered to MOBAFire during that time and verified your account you'd have already received the trophy, so that should be enough for them to award you it hopefully.
Adolebitque
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2016 7:35am | Report

Ah right, I understand. You just barely retained your Challenger spot because the people that would later overtake you didn't finish their game in time, so you got the border while they were locked out of Challenger with more LP than you. Then even though solo Q was disabled the Challenger promotions kept on going through and it updated and knocked you out 24 hours later.

Makes sense!

Also that 8-way tie lul.

You didn't need to end in Challenger to get the trophy on MOBAFire by the way, just need to be registered as Challenger at any point. Op.gg does say you were Challenger during your last solo queue game, so if you'd registered to MOBAFire during that time and verified your account you'd have already received the trophy, so that should be enough for them to award you it hopefully.

Unfortunately I registered after the season had ended as I wanted to try creating a build guide after it had ended (and had had no reason to have an account prior to that).
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2016 1:48pm | Report
That's good enough for me, thank you. Your badge should show up in the next day or two. Let me know if it doesn't.
Thanks to Lugignaf for the sig!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide