Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Can I play Heimer?

Creator: JoeyBucketz December 1, 2012 8:35am
24 posts - page 1 of 3
1 2 3
JoeyBucketz
<Member>
JoeyBucketz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 1, 2012 8:35am | Report
Alright, so I know most people think Heimer is very underwhelming, but I just always find myself wanting to come back and give him a shot and try to make him work. Most of the time I get flamed in games for picking ole heimer, and admittedly, I don't do amazingly.

I've read a good number of guides, and they seem to each have their own way of playing heimer. So I thought I'd post looking for a concensus of what works best on him. What kind of runes do you use (I've always done standard AP caster, but I notice the lolpro guide has ALL ap/level runes on him), and how do you go about building him, and most importantly, what are you trying to accomplish when you play him. OBviously, heimerdinger can't really go toe to toe against ANYONE, so what are your main objectives (besides just push push push).

Any advice on heimerdinger would be quite appreciated.
Categorico
<Member>
Categorico's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 1, 2012 9:41am | Report
First of all, I want to say I'm new on the Mobafire community, so don't expect a really pro answer, I'm just trying to help.

Well, Heimerdinger was my main champion for a while, and I can say he's played with the brain, not with skills. Heimerdinger is one of the most (if not the most) squishier champs in LoL, you must care about EVERYTHING you do, and never go alone. But that makes him a perfect bait: Make the enemy towerdive you, stun him, rocket in the face, and let your turrets finish him (it was better when you had 6 :P). Also, in teamfights, I just put my turrets and go back, because all the others skills are ranged, and you can't get in the middle of the fight (unless you want to break the record of the fastest death in LoL). And about the runes, I'm with the lolpro guides: Heimer is so squishy, that HP runes won't help him, so go all AP. And items, I used to buy mana and ap items ( Athene's Unholy Grail works really well on him). But after a time (and some hard nerfs) I found some better and easier to play champions. If you want to play Heimer, go ahead, but I think there are better options.

An ex-main Heimerdinger.
600k visits and rising. Want to know everything about Zilean? Give me a check here!
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 1, 2012 10:38am | Report
Standard AP. The squishyness gets fixed with Rod of Ages and Rylai's Crystal Scepter (and im pretty sure the slow proc on rylais works with his turrets). Then build athenes, deathcap, sorc shoes, and Deathfire Grasp for that extra punch, or for baiting. People will chase you down (cuz ur a sqishy heimer) and 1000 damage to the face from the deathfire active will probably change their minds. Push with your turrets and farm as much as you can. Heimer is good for denying champs wo are hard of farming their late game power, but is worthless against champs that can sit and farm at their turret no problem (ex. Morgana, Brand, Gragas, etc.) He is a very situational pick and falls to alot of champs but there are some situations in which he can be useful. Feel free to 'play' heimerdinger, but I personally think it would be a bad idea to 'main' heimerdinger.

Oh, and for your enjoyment:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbIx0dGY7B0
Enjoy XD
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
Banishedd
<Member>
Banishedd's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 5, 2012 11:35am | Report
Try him out in free week, see if you like him/his playstyle.

Yes? Buy him. Have fun.
No? Be glad you didn't buy him, try a different champion.
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 5, 2012 4:39pm | Report
Edit: Ignore the "deathfire active", this was posted in the preseason, and now DFG has changed and no longer has an active.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 6, 2012 9:08am | Report
now DFG has changed and no longer has an active.

lolwat

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 6, 2012 9:14am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

lolwat

he means it is stupidly bad comparing to S2. =3

Sig made by Hogopogo
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 6, 2012 9:43am | Report
Well thanks for taking up for me Pheyniex, but no, I thought the increasing general power was turned into a passive, but upon looking at it again i learned otherwise. But yeah, it seems like a worse active for some characters, better for others. Actually seems like it might be a viable pick for Ryze, since he is a mage duelist that LOVES max CDR and can cycle through his combo a couple of times before his CDs catch up to him. Can't decide if it got better for Veigar or worse, that huge BOOM was an essential part of his combo. But it may be better, i dont know, ill have to playtest it.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 6, 2012 9:56am | Report
^ If Veigar starts by using DFG and then the damage from his burst combo gets amplified, I'd say whoever he's targeting is still gonna go BOOM :P

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 6, 2012 10:06am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

^ If Veigar starts by using DFG and then the damage from his burst combo gets amplified, I'd say whoever he's targeting is still gonna go BOOM :P

Veigar's DFG + Ult combo made Primordial Burst shoot my Leblanc's face for 1.6K damage :D
Thank you Tsuki for the sig!

1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide