Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Champs that "make plays"

Creator: FunkosaurusRex July 16, 2012 7:04pm
1 2
FunkosaurusRex
<Member>
FunkosaurusRex's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2012 7:04pm | Report
Hey,

Asking a real noobish question that i'm not sure i can even phrase the right way. What I'm looking for are champs that "make plays" in games. Examples are like blitz w his grab, or lee sin making some clutch wall jumps and q's and whatnot.Like champs where playing well mechanically makes for some spectacular moves. For instance, with like....maybe yi, the difference between a decent yi and a great yi is noticeable, sure, but i mean, what's really the difference in gameplay? You know who to right click when.

Any opinions on champs like this would be great. Thanks :)
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2012 7:54pm | Report
Imo...

Ahri
Anivia
Blitzcrank
Fiddlesticks
Fizz
Galio
Gragas
Katarina
Kennen
Lee Sin
Leona
Morgana
Orianna
Twisted Fate
Xin Zhao (The new one)

Others do as well, but I don't feel like putting a huge list.
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2012 9:47pm | Report
Adding on to what has been stated:
Akali
Leona
Ezreal
Riven

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2012 11:37pm | Report
Game-changing plays go to Galio and Amumu because their ults can completely turn the tide of any game, any battle. They are well known for their abilities to do so.

As far as champions that make clutch plays, every champion. Seriously, in the right hands and with right timing (maybe even luck), anybody can make a great play to remember.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
The LZ
<Member>
The LZ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 17, 2012 3:50am | Report
^

That's what I think too. Any champ can make great
plays, even the less spectacular healing from a support.
"(Btw LZ, I read all of your posts like a poem because your paragraphs look like stanzas. It's rather amusing. :P)" - PsiGuard
"^ya same
why you write like that" - wRAthoFVuLK
"Why DO you write like that?" - Amazing Monkey
"Why do you write like that LZ?" - iownedya
"no-one knows, but it is unique.
An artist originalising his work,
per say. Yet what have I done,
I have copied his work.
It's probably wrong too, but lolz. Keep at it LZ, since it makes reading your posts interesting." - ShiftyCake
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 17, 2012 10:18am | Report
I agree, but I feel better about a perfect Fiddle ult, or some insane Fizz jukes than a perfect raka heal saving my carry. Of course it's still just as important, if not more, but it just doesn't feel as good o:

Though my personal best play was probably either on Vladimir, or maybe Urgot o:
VanityVivified
<Member>
VanityVivified's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 17, 2012 11:38am | Report

What I'm looking for are champs that "make plays" in games. Examples are like blitz w his grab, or lee sin making some clutch wall jumps and q's and whatnot.

I could be wrong about this, but I believe that Funk is asking about champions who can make plays, not change how a play is going. The word he is looking for is initiation? (Going by the two examples he gave). If this is what he meant, almost all the tank champions are good choices because they can soak up initial damage from abilities/carries (examples: Rammus, Amumu, Alistar) or someone with a hard or AoE CC (Ryze, Morgana, Blitzcrank).

More advanced teams use multiple champions to pull off combos like Malphite+Leona ult, Janna ult followed by a Jarvan trap, or Urgot switch with any type of stun.

If this wasn't what you were looking for then read some of the other posts ^_^
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 17, 2012 1:31pm | Report
Orianna and Zyra are great examples. Orianna's interaction with some champs make for really interesting/smart combos, like Wukong going invisible, you place ball, both ulti and suddenly entire enemy team has suffered a powerful initiation.

But everyone can do it. Like you can be GP, get ganked underturret and with ulti, oranges and some juking + parley get kills or send people off (feels sooo goooooood)
Thank you Tsuki for the sig!

The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 17, 2012 5:31pm | Report
The best person i can think of is Fizz. I've had some AMAZING plays with him. Once, i rann out of a bush at half health (don't ask me why) towards a full health Xerath, dodge the first Arcane Barrage with Urchin Strike, dodged the second and third with the two parts of Playful / Trickster, hit him with Chum the Waters, and walked off as Urf came up and ate him. Quick kill, zero damage to me, amazing jukes. I wish i had a video of it.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
Somalie
<Member>
Somalie's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 18, 2012 1:07pm | Report
Anyone that can move enemies/block them/move himself everywhere.

Against not very good opponent : heavy cc champs. Heavy in term of number (heil Nautilus) or aoe range.
English is not my native langage, I'm sorry about how painful to read my text are :c
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide