Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides
's Forum Avatar

Help me die less!

Creator: Buranri
August 25, 2012 7:09pm
7 posts page 1 of 1 Forums » New Player Help » Help me die less!
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Buranri » August 25, 2012 7:09pm | Report
I kill a lot of people. That's good! I usually die doing it. That's not so good. Often, my game records will be 17/10, or 25/16, or something similar. It usually works out that I start off slow, then I snowball into lots of kills, but die while doing so. Anyone want to mentor me in how to die less, while still killing people?
Buranri's Forum Avatar

Buranri
<Member>
Rep: Unremarkable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by wRAthoFVuLK » August 25, 2012 8:19pm | Report
just stay back and work on positioning; it's just something you acquire from playing.

what level are you/how many wins do you have?

also, if you die a lot but consistantly go positive, that's not bad -- it depends on the individual game situation.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Rep: Renowned (535)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by GrandmasterD » August 25, 2012 8:29pm | Report
It usually comes down to the phrase they use in the housing department:
"Location, Location, Location!"

Positioning is what screws most people and causes them to die in vain. Buy Wards and mind your positioning; that should do the trick. Also, do not build glass cannon on champions who aren't supposed to be like that; that helps as well.
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Rep: Renowned (531)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by DRAGONLOL11 » August 26, 2012 5:46am | Report
dont go all in or overextend / dive when u dont have 100% chance to kill and escape
easy
my average death amount is like 5-6 per game and i still feel its too much :(
Playing on EU-west, currently 2000~ ELO.
DRAGONLOL11's Forum Avatar

DRAGONLOL11
<Member>
Rep: Unremarkable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by sirell » August 26, 2012 6:02am | Report
Stay on your fountain. That will almost guarantee that you won't die =D.

Just don't play as aggressively, only engage with teams in later game, if you're being focused, try to reposition yourself where you can still deal damage, but don't get hit in return.
sirell's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
sirell
<Scout>
Rep: Esteemed (396)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Datoxx » August 26, 2012 8:53am | Report
ofc u should position urself well, join a bit later in fight(that does NOT mean to wait ur team to die) and dont push urself too mch behind enemy line stay near ur teammates, try not to dive at lower levels and gg
Datoxx's Forum Avatar

Datoxx
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Buranri » August 26, 2012 12:24pm | Report
It's usually split about 50/50 whether I go positive. In the last 10 games on my match history, I had 6 positive and 4 negative, with an average of 7.7 deaths per game.

Yeah, positioning is probably the answer, but I don't really get the balance between staying back/playing safely and playing aggressively enough for kills.
Buranri's Forum Avatar

Buranri
<Member>

Quick Reply:

Guest commenting is currently disabled, please log in or sign up to respond!