Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

lvl 20 looking for Mentor (competitive)

Creator: Ipoach August 28, 2012 6:09pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3
Ipoach
<Member>
Ipoach's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2012 6:09pm | Report
SERVER: NA
IGN: ipoach
MIC: yes, prefer vent/ts/mumble

Ok, so i have been playing for about a month and i am about to hit lvl 20. I have not bought any runes yet and i own about 30 champs. I am looking for a very hands on mentor and i would be willing to join their clan.

What i need from my mentor is someone that can help me pick a direction, i am not sure if i want to go support/ad carry or mid. I am interested in getting into competitive play and i need someone that understands that. My goal is to go all the way to the top to play against TSM and Curse. I know this is far away but i have a lot of RAW TALENT. I need consistent allies too. I am so sick of playing with random newbs and losing because they are feeding or they aren't watching map or they can't even use their champion properly.

I am very dedicated and i can put in 2-3 hours a night. I want to deal with someone on a mic.

If you think you fit this, please contact me in game + here. I really need somoene to help take me to the next level.

My background: i have played mmorpgs, wc3 (ranked 11 for 6 months on EU server), sc/bw (wcg 1999/2000)
Side note please don't tell me i cant get competitive until 30. That is false. I can play with a team that is ranked that plays normals to practice and scrims. I can hold my own with 30s. Yes i cannot do ranked but i will move fast if if i have the right people with me and i don't have to take unnecessary loses.

Thanks for your time.

ipoach
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2012 7:18am | Report
30's doesn't necessarily denote a good player. And to get to the top like playing professionally and competitively you're going to need to put in more than 2-3 hours a night. They play probably 8 hours a day and theorycraft for about 4. There's much more to being a professional gamer than just being a good player. There are tons of good players out there, but very few compete professional (probably about 100 out of X million players).

Additionally, you have to know what you want. Each professional player picks a specific role, you gave 3 that you're unsure of. Support is the most difficult role in the game and one of the most important. AD carry is incredibly important too, the game pretty much rides on you. Of the 3 roles, all 3 you picked are extremely involved and require pretty much no mistakes during tournament play.

In all honesty, you're like every other player in this game, you think you're incredibly skilled and everyone else around you is a noob. Good luck going professional with that mentality, I don't think you'll make it out of 1200 elo. Noobs are not the reason you're losing, you're losing because you can't carry hard enough and who's to say you know how to play every champion properly

I am not really interested in mentoring you, you need a reality and an attitude check. It would be pointless for anyone to mentor you because you already think you're incredibly good at this game when you're probably not. With that type of mentality I can't see you increasing in skill drastically. Best of luck to you in your search
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Ipoach
<Member>
Ipoach's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2012 3:34pm | Report
*****, I appreciate your kind remarks and insight; thanks for the troll.

Still looking for a mentor!
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2012 8:14pm | Report
not a troll, your response demonstrates what type of attitude problems you really have, you're only a detriment your own cause
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2012 8:21pm | Report
I don't think your age was really necessary.
Even though Mooninites said it roughly, most of what he said is true. Just ride it out to level 30 first, see how you can do playing by yourself. See what you're doing wrong, then improve. If someone is there to point out everything you do wrong, he's basically just spoon-feeding you everything. You need to learn through sheer experience. Track your KDA, CS, zoning ability, jungle control, and see how well you interact with other players in the game. How do you think all the pros started out? In solo-queue, they raised their own elo by themselves.

Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2012 8:27pm | Report
If you can't even get to 30 by yourself, you'll never get to 2k elo lol.

Sorry to be harsh, but it's true. xp

*CLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOP*

Ipoach
<Member>
Ipoach's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2012 8:30pm | Report
Moon is an *** and a moron? Moon stop posting here. K. Thx.

Bryun
What i am looking for isn't out of the question. I am not asking to be "spoon fed" anything. I am looking for a mentor that can work with me and help, hence "mentor". What is the point of this section if all you guys want to do is tell me that what i am asking for is out of the question?

I am not saying I want to go pro with 2-3 hours a week and it's just an ambition. I want to get good at this game faster than i am currently. I chose a direction, AP (mid).

I am still looking for a mentor. If you don't have anything constructive to say, please stop replying...ok?

Still looking for a mentor!
Ipoach
<Member>
Ipoach's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2012 8:30pm | Report
I never said i cant get to 30, are you seriously that stupid, did you even read the post?
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2012 8:50pm | Report
If you don't need help, guess you don't need a mentor then.

Ipoach wrote:

I am so sick of playing with random newbs and losing because they are feeding or they aren't watching map or they can't even use their champion properly.

Ipoach
<Member>
Ipoach's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2012 9:12pm | Report
@nighthawk

wow you are truly a moron. I was making a statement about the frustration i was having with random allies. This is supposed to be the mentor section, seems to be full of trolls talking **** instead of helping new people. I am glad i tried to be honest and post here.

FLAME FLAME FLAME

Just keep flaming here please. It seems mobafire tried to do something unique but you just find it more fun to just ruin it with your dumbass comments.

If you are not interested in mentoring me...DONT ****ING POST on my THREAD.

Let's see if you can follow basic instruction, i doubt it though.

This section of the forums appears to be a joke.
1 2 3

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide