Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Mentor List

Creator: Janitsu September 18, 2013 8:14am
205 posts - page 8 of 21
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2013 7:56am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

How is Diana easy to play if she relies so heavily - like any assassin - on opportunity and positioning?

I meant mechanically, not gameplay-wise. :P
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2013 1:40pm | Report
Looking for mentors (especially EUNE)! If you have applied and can't see your name on the list, please re-read the first post since I updated it do people won't get confused!

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 27, 2013 8:09am | Report
"I am bad with: Midlane/Controlled Aggression during laning phase/positioning squishies in team fights

I want help with: Laning phase for midlane. Lately have been playing some fairly immobile burst casters (Annie/Viktor) and looking to improve my ability to harass/force people out of lane while still csing."

For annie, you can get easy harass with your auto attacks. Throw an auto max range and immediately run away to not agro creeps. Farm with your Q, and when you get your stun available, zone your opponent. If they get close, Q+W+Auto+run away if they're not low enough for a follow up FLASH+Q+IGNITE+AUTO finisher. With Viktor, you rely 90% on your E's to harass. Try to harass the level you level up your E starting at level 3. Only harass with Q if you intend to trade with them. Don't miss your lasers and viktor has superb harass, especially if your 1st back is boots1+death hexcore. tl;dr, annie harasses with autos and farms with spells, viktor farms with autos and harasses with skills

"How is Diana easy to play if she relies so heavily - like any assassin - on opportunity and positioning?"

Her laning phase is iffy, but if build correctly, you're an offtank with STUPID burst; you can easily kill a person before they have much of a chance to react to you, ESPECIALLY when fed. Q+R+W+R+IGNITE when fed = dead squishy mid/late.

Her teamfighting is pretty straightforward and her laning phase is VERY FORGIVING for a melee apc. I don't have much success with her, but for most people she's not too bad, especially now that ryze is a less common pick. I think diana will be back if they turn ahri and zed down.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 27, 2013 8:21am | Report
Diana is an easy champ because:
1) Her comboing is self explanatory - You R to initiate, QR for a full combo, and mash w when it's up.
2) Her role in a teamfight is simple - Tanky ap initiate = you QRE and zhonya / fight the rest of the teamfight.
3) Her laning phase is relatively self-explanatory - you W to shield against harass and farm up.
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 27, 2013 9:23am | Report
Yeah, Diana's skill floor is not that low. This doesn't mean she can't make extremely good plays by abusing her dash (people seem to forget she can ult to non-Q'd targets and still deal ****tarded amounts of damage, or double ult to two different champions), but you don't need to be a great player to do decently with her. Hardest part of learning the champion is just getting used to her Q (After I started to think of it as a targeted AoE spell a la Lucent Singularity instead of a curved line skillshot I barely ever missed a Q even at max range).
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
ReLax232
<Member>
ReLax232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2013 1:09pm | Report
Hi, I would like to get some help by a mentor.
Summoner Name: Sir ReLax
Level: 26
Server: EUW
I am good with: ADC/Caitlyn :)
I am bad with: Vayne, Assasins and squishy Champs
I want help with: Improving my gameplay as ADC or Assasin, learn proper Positioning and decision making plus situational awareness.

I hope I can get some help, because I want really improve my gameplay and start into the ranking games.
[deleted]
<Editor>
oxide110's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2013 1:41pm | Report
When you hit level thirty I can help you some more, until then, keep practicing last hitting and positioning in teamfights.

London is one hour ahead of the rest of England -Luther3000
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2013 1:57pm | Report
Same: hit level 30, add me in-game and we'll talk.

If you have any specific questions you can PM me on mobafire though
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
MyBloodisBlack's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2013 1:09pm | Report
Summoner Name: TheBigBadLee
Level: 30
Server: EUW
I am good at: Ranged Based Champions (ADC/Support/Mage)
I am bad at: Farming properly, Warding my lanes, Knowing when to go in or back off in battles
I want help in: Improving what I am bad at and increasing my effectiveness with the Ranged champions
"The Wolf eyes the Prey, The Cow eats the hay, One of them is a killer, The other his buffet"
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2013 2:22pm | Report
Farming properly - Use your abilities and auto attacks to do lethal damage to minions to net cs, or 'creep score' and gold.

Warding my lanes - Go to the shop and purchase the 'green' wards (75 gold). Put them in common gank paths that you predict the enemy jungler might take.

Knowing when to go in or back off in battles - If you are a primary initiator, you should initiate when you think your team is in position to follow up. If you are not an initiator, you should go in when your initiators initiate. You should back off when you're being focused and you should go back in if you survive with decent health and your team is winning the fight. If your team is losing, probably stay out and deny the ace.

Please cry some more, your tears are delicious
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide