Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Nami - Playstyle

Creator: MicciMicci March 4, 2013 4:51am
8 posts - page 1 of 1
MicciMicci
<Member>
MicciMicci's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2013 4:51am | Report
Hello guys! :)
I'm still a LoL-newbie, so I hope you can give me some useful advice about Nami.
I just bought her out of curiosity and already read some information about her, but I'm still not sure how to exploit her full potential.
Some say she's best with just supporting her team by healing, buffing or stunning but some say, she can also deal a lot of damage, when she is played aggressively.
So I am a bit confused, 'cause I'm not experienced enough to judge that >O<!
Please help :'3!
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2013 5:12am | Report
I went for Nami right away cause of what she looks like, but honestly she's not that good at the moment :P I wouldn't say she has a particularly aggressive playstyle but more of a poke playstyle.
During lane phase you'd support your carry with sustain and harass. Sustain is obviously your W and harass can be a few things.
A few pokes from your auto attack which is kinda what you'd always do as a support but aside from that, hitting your Q will create an opportunity to do some free damage. Use your E on the carry when he starts poking to add to his damage as your own auto attack is pretty weak and kinda slow so using E on yourself is a bit of a waste.
MicciMicci
<Member>
MicciMicci's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2013 5:36am | Report
Oh yes, I admit that it was the same story with me :'D!
Seems like a champion's appearance can really be misleading.
Thank you very much, I'll try to follow your advice as best as I can.
According to what you said, it sounds like Nami is a lot better, when she just helps her team instead of dealing damage herself.
I read that some people played her as an AP mid champion, but does that really work out?
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2013 5:39am | Report
People have played it when she came out but I've never really seen it played legitly. Her AP ratios are fine as far as I know, but she doesn't do enough damage to be considered an AP carry. She's more into utility with the E slow, Q stun and Knock up + slow on her ult.
You could try it though, I guess. I don't think it'll work out that well though, imo.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2013 5:47am | Report
indeed she has some problems in SR and sona is currently the one with similar strategy to outshine her. ofc it's even worse when you face leona or blitzcrank. she has been seeing buffs, not sure if she needs more, altough she is very mana hungry, imo.

i rock her in aram, though, when i can. ^^

(btw, i suck at landing Q)

Sig made by elenah
DisturbedFox
<Inhouse Regular>
DisturbedFox's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2013 6:08am | Report
I find her really fun to lane with, although she could do with a buff like I already said somewhere before.

Her AP ratios are average and Q CD is a bit too long to make her a viable AP carry imo.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2013 6:16am | Report
nami ahs to use Q for wave clear, so that seems like a waste. =3

Sig made by Aquilegia
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2013 8:57am | Report
To be honest, if they toned down her CDs a little bit and provided her the proper mana to spam skills like Sona, I'd be happy. I really like Nami.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide