Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Nasus jungler?

Creator: qLOUD May 29, 2012 8:53pm
22 posts - page 2 of 3
Do you think Nasus is a good jungler?
qLOUD
<Member>
qLOUD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2012 3:36pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

****ing Cleanse Smite Nasus Jungle won the enemy team the game. **** was OP and I hated him.

Ill definitely try that sometime.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2012 4:44am | Report
Hmm, I did Smiteand Exhaust to be super annoying, all was well.

Nasus jungler isn't for every team compo, I think. I like him, his ganks are quite nice and you deal great damage. If I give a kill, I usually "charge" one or two Q's on my friend's minions (or if he insta b'ed, I'll push the lane till reset mode UNLESS I'm needed somewhere or a buff respawned)

I think the best way to make Nasus a good jungler for your team is having a more aggressive DPS top, like Olaf, newcomer Darius or a Fiora, amidst others.

ps: Nasus can still solotop (guys like Yorick, who people fear so much, don't have much on Nasus to be honest; either that, or my ranked Yorick opponents sucked balls.).
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
Somalie
<Member>
Somalie's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2012 3:03am | Report
tehAsian wrote:
In the jungle, there is no getting shut down unless there's some kind of stronk counter-jungler like Shyvana or Lee Sin, and there's always lane assistance which can come from everywhere.

The assistance from lanes when counterjungled, it's a lie.
English is not my native langage, I'm sorry about how painful to read my text are :c
Deluth
<Member>
Deluth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2012 4:54am | Report
I feel like Jungle Nasus is a gimmick that could possibly work in some settings, but is definitely not optimal or competitively viable. The main problem with Jungle Nasus is that you have to choose between being useful early or late game. If you farm Q in the jungle, you have no laning presence, if you gank, your Q will suffer a lot. This is like lane Nasus, but top lane is in the middle of nowhere anyway and doesn't affect much early game. As a jungler, you have tremendous impact early game and giving that up is never a good idea.

You are overestimating the amount of Q farm a jungle nasus can get. I tested how much Q farm I could get in the jungle a while back, and after 20 minutes of continuous farming and Qing every minion, I had a little under +300 farm. Keep in mind that every time you gank or attempt to do so, this number can drop by around 30. Getting counterjungled, which is incredibly popular in the current meta, will also decrease this number significantly. If you try to keep up laning presence with say, 5 attempted ganks (pretty average for a jungler), then your Q farm will be around 150. In other words, almost nothing. In lane, against medium matchups I can get over 300 Q farm easily in 20 minutes, and even in the hardest matchups getting over 150 farm isn't that difficult. Getting regular farm is also harder in the jungle. Nasus needs expensive items like Frozen Heart and Trinity Force to function properly in teamfights, and your gold stream in the jungle simply isn't big enough to support that. Unless you get ridiculously fed, often you can only afford a support jungler build (shurelyas, aegis, etc.). This doesn't fit you because you usually people who do this bring strong cc and engages ( Alistar, Nautilus) to stay relevant late game. You, however, do not.

Lastly, the ganks on jungle Nasus are pretty overrated. Wither is a powerful ganking tool, but opponents with blinks (mobility creep ftl) laugh at slows and can escape pretty easily. This ties into another of Nasus' issues: he is kitable with no gap closer. Even against an opponent with no slows....what are you going to do when wither wears off? Without cooldown reduction, the cooldown on wither is actually pretty long (6-10 seconds), and with some of the worst base damages in the game, you won't be bringing much damage to the gank.

Tl;dr: Gimmicky, doesn't use nasus' strengths, either useless early game or late game, gold starved, easily counterjungled, there are better ganking junglers
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2012 12:15am | Report
i think it's okay. he really depends on a red buff or his W to make his ganks work though.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2012 9:06pm | Report
IMO, he sucks.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2012 9:12pm | Report
I think that Nasus can jungle, but severely gimps himself or the team by doing it. It's like, you really wanna farm, and your team wants ganks. Nasus, as I would imagine would be very disgruntled that anyone would want him to stop farming. Plus, top lane just has so much more farm, you just have to deal with the enemy laner..
Razormaul
<Member>
Razormaul's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 9, 2012 6:08am | Report
The bad thing about Nasus jungle is that he can't farm his q enough compared to lane.And he would get destroyed by junglers like Olaf, shyvanna and Lee Sin
Looking for guides for junglers? Check out my guides for, Alistar, Nautilus and Maokai.
Please vote and comment. Thank you!
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 9, 2012 11:51am | Report
Razormaul wrote:

The bad thing about Nasus jungle is that he can't farm his q enough compared to lane.And he would get destroyed by junglers like Olaf, shyvanna and Lee Sin

Why would he get destroyed by them?
He has an AS debuff and the only one that doesn't rely on auto-attacking much is Olaf. Even then, Wither shuts down his passive in a long fight.
True love is found only in yourself.
Fabianni GG
<Member>
Fabianni GG's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 9, 2012 8:37pm | Report
I think that if you want farm your Siphoning Strike you can get better results playing as Solo-Top but Wither and Spirit Fire are great abilities for ganking.
So in my opinion Nasus can be a good jungler.

Never open a tip on Dominion at the exact moment when you win...

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide