Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Need some tips for Some Solo Tops

Creator: Mcastral July 30, 2012 8:53am
Mcastral
<Member>
Mcastral's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2012 8:53am | Report
So recently I've found myself only play solo top. I farm pretty much 100% of the first few waves most of the time, but when the trading begins on top I always fall behind in CS. I have my ward placement pretty much mastered. I counter jungle with the jungler when I push. I roam if I'm dominating the lane. But I can never seem to get the amount of cs that I see most people get. What are some benchmarks for how much cs one should have at certain points in the game?

Also, I find myself losing/winning lanes that are clear counters and I don't know why. I play alot of Rumble now and i'm loving him. I've won maybe 95% of the lanes with him but there are some scenarios where I can't carry no matter how fed I get. But again, my cs with rumble is pretty low early game, especialyl from 5-7 or 9 when I see that i'm beating my opponent and spend more time harrassing him/her than csing.

I also play Lee Sin top sometimes which is kinda alright i guess. I like playing him because he can make sick plays, and sometimes I just need that kind of thing to get hyped or whatever. I just don't know how he ranks with other tops. Is he a good top? and in what scenarios is he good?

One of my first and favorite tops is Nidalee. I feel like i farm the best with her throughout the game. But i can't really tell which is better, AP or AD. My AD Nid is pretty tanky and I sit in cougar form most of the time. I always take trinity and it works. But this is all recent stuff, I used to play AP alot and couldnt see how AD could be good. What scenarios is each better in? I usually just pick one based on what out team lacks.

My last question is about Irelia. I don't really see her much in ranked anymore and I recently played her and was surprised at how strong she can be. I want to start playing her, but I don't really know how some of her matchups work. I feel like any champion with the label "counter" do 4x more damage that normal. That, and I always mess up her last hitting. I'll go to attack the minion, but pull back at the last second and just not hit it at all. It's only irelia for some reason, I feel like her animation is a bit slow. Does anyone know anything about that? This is usually when I'm trying to go in for a last hit with the intentions of backing up to avoid the enemy in lane.

Thanks in advance for all the help, currently hovering around 1300 elo if that changes anything.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2012 3:49pm | Report
I can help you with nidalee, I have a guide for her I recommend you checking out, I pretty much only play her AP though, AD nidalee is so ridiculously easy that there really isn't much to teach feel free to find me in game on NA at Mooninites or Birkhum
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2012 12:14am | Report
Lee Sin top is phenomenal.
SkullzX
<Member>
SkullzX's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 11, 2012 6:30pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:

I can help you with nidalee, I have a guide for her I recommend you checking out, I pretty much only play her AP though, AD nidalee is so ridiculously easy that there really isn't much to teach feel free to find me in game on NA at Mooninites or Birkhum

From what I saw Mooninities you were pretty good as nidalee... you need more traps though :P.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide