Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Oppinions on the Nunu build of a noob

Creator: Cyniker August 25, 2012 11:42pm
Cyniker
<Member>
Cyniker's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2012 11:42pm | Report
Hi folks,

I'm new to the game, and have been tinkering around with Nunu for some games now (Yeti FTW^^).

As I have not reached lvl 30 yet, my masteries go usually 9/13/0. I take Offense for AP, CD reduction, that very sweet exhaust buff and MP, the Defense tree is totally for Tankyness.

Spells are Flash/Exhaust. Flash is obvious, and for a pseudo-tank, I have found some CC in the form of this spell very useful. It can completely turn the tide of a chase ("me being chased all day long" to "me chasing you all day long"). I can effectively protect my team mates with this spell. And it is an additional escape tool.

Runes are:
2 G. Quints of Potency for early game killpower
7 G. Marks of Insight for late game killpower
7 G. Seals of Resilience for early game survival
6 G. Glyphs of Shielding for late game survival

Items are
Mercury Treads - mostly for the Tenacity 35
Frozen Heart - Tons of Armor, CD reduction, Mana, and some passive CC. Sounds nice
Abyssal Scepter - AP, high MR, and some MP in the form of an aura that works well with Nunu's Ultimate.
Rylai's Crystal Scepter - AP, Health, and my slows are now pretty deadly (IF they stack. I hope they do :P)
... and then I don't know what to build. Rabadon's Death Cap and perhaps some item that give me additional CC?

Suggestions? Comments? Flames? Hate?
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 26, 2012 3:55am | Report
I assume you play him as a support then.

If you do, gold per 10 items are a really good choice as you will have a hard time farming. Philosopher's Stone and Heart of Gold are recommended. Later on you can upgrade them to Shurelya's Battlesong and Randuin's Omen. I'd also grab Aegis of the Legion and Banshee's Veil/ Abyssal Mask, leaving a slot free for wards and obviously boots. I don't really like Mercury's Treads on him, Ninja Tabi are preferred but Ionian Boots of Lucidity are also fine.

As for runes I'd say:

GM of Resilience/Insight
GS of Avarice/Resilience
GG of Shielding
GQ of Avarice

Masteries 1/8/21 or 1/17/12 or 1/16/13.

Flash + Exhaust is great.

Why do I type this - check my guide lol :P

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
FlSHSTlCKS
<Member>
FlSHSTlCKS's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2012 5:33pm | Report
you don't need the rylai's; all that gold could be better spent on support or armor/MR. have you tried out a force of nature or warmog's?
Minho
<Editor>
Minho's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2012 5:43pm | Report
IceCreamy wrote:

I assume you play him as a support then.

If you do, gold per 10 items are a really good choice as you will have a hard time farming. Philosopher's Stone and Heart of Gold are recommended. Later on you can upgrade them to Shurelya's Battlesong and Randuin's Omen. I'd also grab Aegis of the Legion and Banshee's Veil/ Abyssal Mask, leaving a slot free for wards and obviously boots. I don't really like Mercury's Treads on him, Ninja Tabi are preferred but Ionian Boots of Lucidity are also fine.

As for runes I'd say:

GM of Resilience/Insight
GS of Avarice/Resilience
GG of Shielding
GQ of Avarice

Masteries 1/8/21 or 1/17/12 or 1/16/13.

Flash + Exhaust is great.

Why do I type this - check my guide lol :P
Sigs by: Xiao, Bree, Nameless, Jeffy, Jai, Hogo, Dreams, Tiny, 'Maw, & Wombo!
♫ 한국어 팝 ♫
♡ 타일러 ♡

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide