Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Optimal Jungle Amumu Runes

Creator: Kokobeast October 16, 2012 9:47pm
1 2
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2012 5:13pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

(...)Amumu due to Tantrum, which is what you should start with in the jungle (...)

Actually, a lot of people start with Despair, as do I.

On topic though, Armor quints are overshadowed by MS quints. Or just, most other quints in general.

EDIT: AP quints will barely help your clear time.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2012 5:36pm | Report
Tantrum is safer, especially if they invade and you lose blue.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
ShiftyCake
<Member>
ShiftyCake's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2012 5:22pm | Report
Alrighty.

Embracing wrote:

It's not "you dont need"

armor quints are pretty much useless on jungle amumu

Go MS quints

also, regrowth is generally bad

boots is often superior in most situations.

boots are not needed on amumu, because he relies on his q to gank. If he misses his q, then the gank is negligible and he has to retreat. This means, he does not need to chase early and therefore does not need boots.

Regrowth pendant is efficient on Amumu for a few reasons. The first is that he only needs one health pot for continuous jungling, when using armor quints. Yes, there is a reason armor quints are used. It also allows him to buy philosophers stone, that other health gp item that I always forget the name of, and boots with 1400 or so (about the time I go back). Not only this, when you've wasted your time on a fail gank its not all wasted, That time gave you back some health, which allowed for longer jungling sessions. This is also true for the wasted time in clearing because of no boots.

Oh, and yes, tantrum does indeed act like armor quints. Yet at the start, you start with w and then get e. So by level 3, you only have 1 in e. Armor quints are useful for early jungling, and future ganking etc.
Yes, w is more efficient to start off with because it provides more damage over time therefore faster clearing at early jungling.

jhoijhoi wrote:

Tantrum is safer, especially if they invade and you lose blue.

If they invade and lose blue, getting tantrum will not help you much. Yes, you use less mana, but you receive more damage due to longer time to kill and you don't gain level 2 as fast because no golems and probably no wolves. While w may use double the mana to clear a camp, its faster and you lose less health. You will have to b early either way, its better not to b because of health loss but because of mana loss.
Yes, level one e doesn't help much in protection against camps.

Lugignaf wrote:

Actually, a lot of people start with Despair, as do I.

On topic though, Armor quints are overshadowed by MS quints. Or just, most other quints in general.

EDIT: AP quints will barely help your clear time.

again, its a no to MS quints. Amumu does not need super speed, as a lot of people think. His q is used to stun and "reach" a person for his w and e to work. later on, it takes maybe 6 seconds to work again and so can be used constantly if they flash or whatever. He needs enough speed to be able to keep up with them, not go faster then them. His boots and that other item thingy I forgot makes him fast enough for this.

People look at his kit wrong, thinking he needs speed because his w and e are close ranged. It's the opposite, he needs slows because his w and e are close range. His q is there to make up for that speed. That's why you get that magic slowing thingy. Oh god, I need to remember the names of items.
thanks Hogopogo for the banner :D
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2012 11:53pm | Report
ShiftyCake wrote:

Alrighty.

boots are not needed on amumu, because he relies on his q to gank. If he misses his q, then the gank is negligible and he has to retreat. This means, he does not need to chase early and therefore does not need boots.

Regrowth pendant is efficient on Amumu for a few reasons. The first is that he only needs one health pot for continuous jungling, when using armor quints. Yes, there is a reason armor quints are used. It also allows him to buy philosophers stone, that other health gp item that I always forget the name of, and boots with 1400 or so (about the time I go back). Not only this, when you've wasted your time on a fail gank its not all wasted, That time gave you back some health, which allowed for longer jungling sessions. This is also true for the wasted time in clearing because of no boots.

Oh, and yes, tantrum does indeed act like armor quints. Yet at the start, you start with w and then get e. So by level 3, you only have 1 in e. Armor quints are useful for early jungling, and future ganking etc.
Yes, w is more efficient to start off with because it provides more damage over time therefore faster clearing at early jungling.

If they invade and lose blue, getting tantrum will not help you much. Yes, you use less mana, but you receive more damage due to longer time to kill and you don't gain level 2 as fast because no golems and probably no wolves. While w may use double the mana to clear a camp, its faster and you lose less health. You will have to b early either way, its better not to b because of health loss but because of mana loss.
Yes, level one e doesn't help much in protection against camps.

again, its a no to MS quints. Amumu does not need super speed, as a lot of people think. His q is used to stun and "reach" a person for his w and e to work. later on, it takes maybe 6 seconds to work again and so can be used constantly if they flash or whatever. He needs enough speed to be able to keep up with them, not go faster then them. His boots and that other item thingy I forgot makes him fast enough for this.

People look at his kit wrong, thinking he needs speed because his w and e are close ranged. It's the opposite, he needs slows because his w and e are close range. His q is there to make up for that speed. That's why you get that magic slowing thingy. Oh god, I need to remember the names of items.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2012 12:52am | Report
ShiftyCake wrote:

So... What do you do when you don't have Rylai's Crystal Scepter? Do you just... waddle slowly next to them?

If you botch your bandage toss, you can still waddle out to hit them with your red buff. You know, waddling is a good source of movement. Especially when you're faster than them because you have move speed quints, and your boots because, that's a great start.

More movement speed means better ganks early on. Better ganks early on means more money for itesm. More money for items means faster GP10/tank items. Faster GP10/tank items means more won games.

Also, boots+MS quints means you get between camps faster so people can't counter-jungle you as easily.

I dunno why you wouldn't start with more favorable items.
True love is found only in yourself.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide