Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

"Theres a Fiddle in the Middle"...

Creator: YelpingLlama June 28, 2012 11:46pm
1 2
YelpingLlama
<Member>
YelpingLlama's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2012 11:46pm | Report
Hi! New here and on LoL!

For each week that I've played LoL, me and a certain F2P Champion have bonded. I remember the first week I played, as Malz, and nether Grasped that Morgana to the Void. But last week, Fiddle was F2P. My friend told me I should test him out and I loved him. Bought him fast as I could. I've tried to play him as much as I can to get better. I found this sight and looked at the top Fiddle guide, and that has boosted my kills.

So Mobafire, got any tips for a noob? All will be appreciated, including general tips.

Stats: I currently have rolled a 12/2/12 game (3v3). And generaly head in with Ignite with Flash/Exhaust.

P.S. I would also appreciate Rumble tips, as I am saving up for him. Thanks!
YelpingLlama
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2012 7:33am | Report
Anyone? Sorry to bum[, but does anyone have Fiddle tips?
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2012 11:48am | Report
Well, the top guide should have all the tips you need to be honest. Fiddle is a monster in lane because he is great 1 vs 1. I recommend rushing Hextech Revolver for making you hold your ground really well when targetted as you Drain one of your opponents, then I usually do Rylai's to make that drain really count. In teamfights you must wait for others to initiate, then pop your ulti out of nowhere and hurt everyone.

Don't forget that Zhonya's Hourglass is also amazing during your ulti because you can pop it's active and the damage will be dealt anyway.

As for Rumble, it's an experiences thing. He's really great but requires some care. I'm sure the top guides on these champs have all the tips you need though ;)

ThyGriefEternal
<Member>
ThyGriefEternal's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2012 4:00am | Report
Fiddlesticks is an overall extremely fun to play champion. Generally, he's pretty good both in lane, and jungling.

Personally, however, I would recommend playing him as a jungler, for the reasons I'll mention below:

1. His ultimate relies heavily on the element of surprise. In addition to how Crowstorm is such a devastating move, if you manage to catch your enemy by surprise by Crowstorming over a wall, 90% of your ganks will be successful.
2. Dat sustain. A level 1 Bountiful Harvest (and a Smite) is all he needs to get the blue buff and move on to the next camp with little to no missing health.
3. He can clear camps quick quickly with his E+W combo.

As for items, I usually go for Sorcerer's Shoes for that Mpen, a Rod of Ages for the health and bonus ability power and a Rabadon's Deathcap as my core items. From there, you adapt your build adding Void Staff if the enemy has built resistances, Zhonya's Hourglass and Abyssal Mask, whose passive synergizes well with your innate. Personally, I wouldn't go for Spell Vamp items, as the health gained by Bountiful Harvest should suffice. Keep in mind that due to your squishy nature, you can't afford staying in team fights for too long, unless you use your ultimate and Zhonya's active is off CD.

Hope this helped. Make sure to check some of the awesome guides out there for more info. :D
“People speak sometimes about the "bestial" cruelty of man, but that is terribly unjust and offensive to beasts, no animal could ever be so cruel as a man, so artfully, so artistically cruel.”
YelpingLlama
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2012 8:07am | Report
Thanks guys! When I play Fiddlesticks, I usually go with the top guides build. Thanks for the tips!
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Jpikachu1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2012 8:28am | Report

Fiddlesticks is an overall extremely fun to play champion. Generally, he's pretty good both in lane, and jungling.

Personally, however, I would recommend playing him as a jungler, for the reasons I'll mention below:

1. His ultimate relies heavily on the element of surprise. In addition to how Crowstorm is such a devastating move, if you manage to catch your enemy by surprise by Crowstorming over a wall, 90% of your ganks will be successful.
2. Dat sustain. A level 1 Bountiful Harvest (and a Smite) is all he needs to get the blue buff and move on to the next camp with little to no missing health.
3. He can clear camps quick quickly with his E+W combo.

As for items, I usually go for Sorcerer's Shoes for that Mpen, a Rod of Ages for the health and bonus ability power and a Rabadon's Deathcap as my core items. From there, you adapt your build adding Void Staff if the enemy has built resistances, Zhonya's Hourglass and Abyssal Mask, whose passive synergizes well with your innate. Personally, I wouldn't go for Spell Vamp items, as the health gained by Bountiful Harvest should suffice. Keep in mind that due to your squishy nature, you can't afford staying in team fights for too long, unless you use your ultimate and Zhonya's active is off CD.

Hope this helped. Make sure to check some of the awesome guides out there for more info. :D

Fiddle jungle has gone down in effectiveness so much, it's not really that great.

1) He's super slow, even with the new Reap. He has sustain, but it's pretty slow, especially to AoE clears.
2) He's easily counterjungled. He's that slow, that you can waltz in and steal his stuff, and if you find him Bountiful Harvesting something, you can pretty much wreck most of his health and mess his jungle up even more.
3) He's reliant on blue buff. Without blue, he pretty much has no jungling power/speed at all. AP caster after all.
4) When he ganks someone/sits in the bush, his passive applies to the enemy if they are close enough (about the max range of his ultimate). If they look down next to their skills, they can see the A Harmless Scarecrow debuff.
5) Crowstorm does kind of rely on the element of surprise. Like I said in number 4 though, you lose the element of surprise anyways, and generally when people randomly see a Fiddlesticks blink right next to them, they immediately use Flash.

Those are most of my opinions about Fiddle jungle. I don't like it, and I think Fiddle works better elsewhere.

I've seen Fiddlesticks have success top and mid, but I'd recommend top lane. The reason is, middle generally has high burst casters, and Fiddle is fairly squishy and vulnerable to burst. Top lane generally has a bunch of CC, yes, but top laners are generally melee and less bursty.

I don't play Fiddle extensively, but a final build should look like this:

Standard Sort of AP Build:
Mercury's Treads ( Sorcerer's Shoes before Void Staff
Will of the Ancients
Rod of Ages
Zhonya's Hourglass
Rabadon's Deathcap
Void Staff

Weird MPen Build that can work:
Sorcerer's Shoes
Will of the Ancients
Haunting Guise
Abyssal Mask
Rabadon's Deathcap
Zhonya's Hourglass

First Build Order:

Boots + 3 Health Potions (or Doran's Ring)
Hextech Revolver
Catalyst the Protector
Rod of Ages
Will of the Ancients
Zhonya's Hourglass
Rabadon's Deathcap
Void Staff

Like I said, I generally don't play Fiddle that much, but I hope I helped.

If I helped you, click that +rep!
ThyGriefEternal
<Member>
ThyGriefEternal's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2012 1:28pm | Report
Generally, I think there are certain champions whose full potential cannot be unlocked while laning. I believe champions that rely on the element of surprise (like Fiddlesticks or Nocturne) are better played as junglers (provided they CAN actually be played as junglers).

Fiddle has his drawbacks, no doubt, but he's still a good pick for a jungler. It's true that he is blue buff dependant, and I admit I should have mentioned that. You also talked about how he's relatively slow in the jungle. It's not always about speed, however. You should take the jungle sustain factor under consideration; when most junglers would be forced to teleport back to base due to low health, Fiddlesticks can simply go to the next camp, Bountiful Harvest a monster, regain health and continue jungling. Mana is a problem, yeah, but in case the enemy team has no jungler, you can practically be farming in the jungle all day. Basically my point is, he might be slower compared to other champions, but he won't be forced to lose that gold and EXP due to health like other junglers would.

Talking about his ultimate and the A Harmless Scarecrow debuff. Yes it is true that enemies can usually tell when you're nearby. However most laners tend to focus solely on the lane and last hits, meaning most of the time they might not even notice the Dread debuff, let alone act accordingly. If they do notice it, however, and Flash away after you cast Crowstorm, just follow them with your own Flash.
“People speak sometimes about the "bestial" cruelty of man, but that is terribly unjust and offensive to beasts, no animal could ever be so cruel as a man, so artfully, so artistically cruel.”
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2012 9:10pm | Report
Nocturne is no doubt better play as a jungler, but I just don't think he compares to Fiddle.

For one, he has AoE, and AD/AS steroids.

Level 30 games tend to have junglers on both teams. It's actually fairly unusual to even do draft normals without junglers. Blind pick I can understand, but you can't get a normal team comp 80% of the time in blinds anyways.

One of my problems with Fiddle jungle is that his ganks are terrible, unless he has his ult which is on a long cooldown. His main method is to walk up to someone, silence them, fear them, and then Bountiful Harvest. After that, he has nothing left. Makes his ganks pretty weak.

Faster clears = less damage taken = less health lost. Somebody like Malphite can clear Wraiths in about 10~ seconds at level 2, whereas Fiddle takes more time. Plus he has his Granite Shield before each camp to absorb damage.

Many of the top tier/common junglers have fast clears and/or high sustain:

Dr. Mundo: Great AoE, loses health fast early on, but after Warmog's Armor does just fine. Regenerates his health back fast due to Goes Where He Pleases.

Lee Sin: Has Tempest / Cripple which is AoE, and slows the jungle creeps AS so they do less damage. Has a shield ( Safeguard / Iron Will), which doubles as super sustain? Yes please. Plus his passive gives him AS.

Malphite: So much AoE, the clear time is just so fast with blue buff. He has an armor buff/damage buff, AoE AS debuff on jungle creeps, Granite Shield.

Nautilus: Has 2 forms of AoE, a pretty powerful shield that scales all game.

Nocturne: Umbra Blades makes for great AoE and healing. Duskbringer is a ridiculous AD steroid, and greatly increases your clearing speed.

Olaf: Undertow with blue buff is ridiculous AoE, like every .1 seconds. Tough It Out gives great sustain, and Reckless Swing makes clearing the buffs really easy.

Shyvana: Clears so ridiculously fast with Burnout. Also has pretty much infinite sustain once she gets lifesteal. Great counterjungler.

Udyr: Great AoE with Wingborne Storm, and nice sustain/shield with Iron Mantle.

I'm just trying to say that most of the popular junglers have speed (equals less damage) and sustain, whereas Fiddle only has sustain. Less speed also means less camps cleared which means less experience.

I'm not saying Fiddle jungle is impossible, I've had great Fiddle jungle players on my team occasionally. Malphite top + Fiddlesticks jungle is amazing at towerdiving. Unstoppable Force (tanks turret) + Crowstorm. I just think he's better in lane.

tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2012 10:13pm | Report
Build full mpen Fiddles. Its imho the best way.

Sorc Shoes
Haunting Guise
Abyssal
Deathcap
Hourglass
Void Staff
A Rylais would be good too if you don't have enough CC in your team to lock people down in your ultimate.

The reason it works is because Fiddles has very high base damages, so hitting True Damage with those abilities with a Deathcap hits like a truck.

Take his ult. Give it ~250 extra damage per tick. With full mpen you deal that FULL amount, 5 times. In a way, its deadlier than Nunu's ultimate, and there's nothing squishies can do about it ;)
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2012 10:48pm | Report
Void while you are stacking flat reduction and pen? I am confused :P

1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide