Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Tank help

Creator: AlphaMF March 4, 2012 11:24pm
4 posts - page 1 of 1
AlphaMF
<Member>
AlphaMF's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2012 11:24pm | Report
Okay I really like Tanks but I don't really get what the role of a Tank is can someone explain it to me please?
Zoki
<Member>
Zoki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2012 1:50am | Report
Your role is to engage and make sure you soak up the damage so you carries don't get stomped.

Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way things turn out.
Sigs made by: LaCorpse, jhoijhoi, Katoki, JEFFY40HANDS, The_Nameless_Bard and Sk1llbug
-||- Check out my Master Yi guide -||-
niknameisnik
<Member>
niknameisnik's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2012 5:20am | Report
You also end up starting alot of the teamfights too. your main job is to make sure that your carrys/main damage dealers arent being killed. and if they are help them out. and another job is to cc the other team and make it easier for your carrys to get the kills. if your going to play tank get used to negative K/D ratios and massive amounts of assists lol. I play a tank cho pretty often and a good game for me is 3/4/22.
Thanks to Miss Maw for the sig!
CaptCrit
<Member>
CaptCrit's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2012 2:19pm | Report
Jobs that the tank fulfills:

Initiating - Starting fights, usually with a form of CC (Think Amumu's Bandage Toss/ Curse of the Sad Mummy combo)
Soaking - Taking as much damage as possible in a fight so your carries don't get destroyed (This is where tank items come into play)
Disrupting - Disrupting the enemies' attacks (Think Rammus' Powerball or Puncturing Taunt)
Peeling - Pulling enemies from their teammates (Think Skarner's Impale)

That's pretty much what tanks do. They are extremely useful in teamfights because they protect your carries so they can do as much damage as possible.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide