Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Champion Spotlight: Sivir, the Battle Mistress

Creator: virago January 24, 2012 11:17am
1 2
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2012 6:18am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

Only one thing I can say: stop taking spotlights so seriously. The very reason he makes them is to explain the basics and show some gameplay footage.

And yes, his opponents didn't do a great job at dodging his Qs. And honestly, in that fight against Garen where he used his Spell Shield at the wrong moment, I have no idea why Garen even stays there so long in the first place and is spinning at Phreak even while dying, that makes no sense. I don't feel like enemies that play against Phreak play well at all (and heck, maybe they're even told to derp around every now and then), but that's not Phreak's fault now, is it?

And you know what, normally Phreak has some skillshots that he misses, some things he should've done differently etc.
In this spotlight, apart from that one Spell Shield, he does what everyone would've done, taking advantage of stupid play from his enemies but still mostly making the right move.

Spotlights aren't meant to show pro play from 2000 ELO and above, spotlights are meant to show the basics. Criticising it and saying he should just post a link to a high ELO player's video is unnecessary, because you're not supposed to look at these videos to become a great Sivir and players who do want to improve will check high ELO streams themselves anyway.

Ok, you have some misconceptions in this paragraph.

First, it kind of is Phreak's fault, since he has the option of choosing who to play with.

Second, sure spotlights are for the basics. So then you can shorten that video down to about 2min or less and simply outline some builds and what each ability does, right?

And players of course are meant to have fun, sometimes trolling is fun, but winning is nearly always fun, right? And as a player progresses through the game, it generally gets harder to win, and players want to improve. Hell, some people never get past level 5, say, because they originally suck at the game and don't know how to improve because they have no idea wtf solomid.net is, or mobafire, or leaguecraft etc. This is also largely the case for lvl 30's as well.

Champion basics are also found in multiple spots, like let's say the actual champion page in the pvp client that shows everything Phreak did besides Gameplay? And it has tips too?

So why isn't Phreaks spotlight something other then basics which are already available?

I'm not particularly hating on Phreak, or hating on the idea of spotlights, but considering that he could be doing a lot better ones that aren't redundant and that his gameplay (which must be the main focus considering the rest is redundant) is pretty bad, he could at least try and comment in a professional masnner (eg instead of saying 'Sivir has great escapes', saying 'Sivir has no escapes except for ult, so you want to be careful about positioning') would be much more accurate and stuff.

@Blowfield

I think you mean 'suppressed', and i'm not even entirely sure of wtf you're talking about or whether you just highly dislike me or you're trolling, idk 0_0

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2012 9:09am | Report
Well, I agree that the spotlights could be a lot better (mainly just by picking decent enemies though, he always gets kills he shouldnt get because his enemy wasn't supposed to be there in the first place at all), but like I said, I just get sick of people constantly *****ing about little mistakes he makes.
So what if he uses a Spell Shield at the wrong time once in the damn spotlight? I don't think he played badly in this spotlight at all tbh.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2012 9:33am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

Well, I agree that the spotlights could be a lot better (mainly just by picking decent enemies though, he always gets kills he shouldnt get because his enemy wasn't supposed to be there in the first place at all), but like I said, I just get sick of people constantly *****ing about little mistakes he makes.
So what if he uses a Spell Shield at the wrong time once in the damn spotlight? I don't think he played badly in this spotlight at all tbh.

well if you looked at my previous post, i'm sure you would have noticed all the mistakes I pointed out. Not to mention this is I believe the first time i've actually *****ed about Phreak's gameplay in a spotlight :P

Now just *****ing about what Riot does to a champion is completely different (Read: Jax).

Criogen
<Member>
Criogen's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2012 4:24pm | Report
I will tell you one thing and one thing only ....
DO YOUR OWN SPOTLIGHT !!
And then we will talk about what is good or bad.

End o story ...

(so much hate in this world)
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide