Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

MFTV & Twitch: Official Statement

Creator: FlashJ June 12, 2013 4:29pm
DemonRyou
<Member>
DemonRyou's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2013 10:11pm | Report
Ah, I didn't realize the situation was different on SmiteFire. Sorry, my mistake. I also apologize if you feel like I was trying to argue with you.

Well, Anonandonandon, jephers0n explained that he thought it was wrong and didn't say something like MOBAFire was giving half-truth and suggesting they should apologize. jephers0n said that would be satisfied if something were to be done differently. Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to say you're a bad person, although I might have been earlier.

I can see why people don't want autoplay and automute or a small-sized stream but that's MOBAFire's decision and they allowed to do so, but I didn't like it when people tried to make MOBAFire look bad. Thanks for your feedback to them and sorry for arguing with you earlier.
jephers0n
<Member>
jephers0n's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2013 3:46am | Report
Hey man, It's cool. It's the internet... Which means that a difference in opinion can be taken many ways. I saw a lot of people badmouthing the site entirely, which isn't right. I love the site(s). I use them frequently, as I mostly play the ARAM style of both LoL and Smite.

Keeps me on my toes, know what I mean?

I'm hoping they go with my idea, somewhat. They could even make the stream autoplay for users who aren't registered to the site. That way they are still promoting the streams how they wanted to initially, and people who have accounts on the site can choose whether or not the stream is toggled on when they visit the site.

Just seems like a workable idea, which would also expand their userbase, in a way.
DJScias
<Member>
DJScias's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2013 5:48am | Report
I don't really have any interest in taking full part in this.. But I'd like to make one small comment if it's not an issue.

I've been reading through these pages and have read multiple people telling the Mobafire Team/Developers/etc.. to be ashamed of how they started insulting SivHD and other things.

Isn't there a law in every free country in this world saying "A man, group or organization is innocent until they are proven guilty."? Because from what I read from SivHD he claims, with the following sentence, that he was bashed and otherwise handled in an extremely wrong way by the Mobafire team.

Quoted:
^After this they just started to personally insult me.

Don't you think, I'm asking kind of everyone from Mobafire here, that if this was true he'd at least somehow post proof of this if he could give us proof of this part?

Quoted:
[12:20:27 AM] MOBAFIRE Yannis Ziakas: there are no bots, we have nothing to hide
[12:20:40 AM] Siv HD: then arent you at least curious why your chat is so ****ed up?
[12:21:08 AM] MOBAFIRE Yannis Ziakas: yea there are primetimes, NA and EU, this is neither
[12:21:28 AM] Siv HD: primetime means you get more viewers, it doesnt mean 11500 ppl behave like 80 ppl

It sounds very illogical and shady that someone claims that they were bashed and they do not show any sort of proof while they actually -do- have the chat logs concerning this. In my eyes, I'm not speaking on behalf of Mobafire or anyone, this seems like an attempt to make a certain organization (Mobafire in this case) get falsely accused of facts that either never happened or were blown out of proportion.

As earlier mentioned, the more I kept reading this topic the more I saw people jump on the bandwagon of "Oh, shame on you Mobafire... Insulting people like that, I've just lost all my trust in you and all my faith in Mobafire TV!". I mean, have you re-read your sentence when you posted that and actually thought one split second about this: "Hey, if this guy had the chat logs... Why would he not post the actual part where he 'claims' to be bashed/insulted/whatever happened to him so he can prove a point and actually show us how they really are? Instead of having a small text saying "Yeah guys, I got bashed after this."".

Please try to understand me as I fail to understand these people, are they just trying to instigate riots in these games or forums (no pun intended to developer)? Or have they suddenly forgot some of the basic morals on how to handle evidence, if any even exists?

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and let me know if something doesn't sound right or if something looks wrongly written. I'm not native English, I try my best but I'm sure to fail here and there.

Enjoy your day,

DJScias
Creator of the Google Chrome Smite Guide Extension, Google Chrome League of Legends Guide Extension and Google Chrome Dota 2 Guide Extension. Got any questions, criticism or suggestions for my extensions? PM me, post on this topic (smite-only), this topic (league-only), this topic (Dota 2-only) or email me at djscias@gmail.com.
DemonRyou
<Member>
DemonRyou's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2013 6:44am | Report
Nope. Sounds about right to me. Even after the official statement was posted, Siv had this to say on Reddit.
Quoted:
Its also a really dishonest letter, let's just wait for further REAL statements from the people who are actually holding the ropes in this situation, not this desperate ********-attempt at retribution.
I visited his stream during this incident and tried to explain the situation to him but the room was in Subscriber's Mode so I could not, but I did watch and hear him say that MOBAFire hid a 1x1 pixel that contributed to the view count and multiple tabs would count for multiple views and this would boost the viewer count of MOBAFireTV and this is, of course, all false. He clearly didn't understand the situation at all and it now seems that he wants to condemn MOBAFire no matter what. After that, I felt as if he had no credibility whatsoever and decided it's best to let MOBAFire or Twitch talk to him about it.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide