Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

MFTV & Twitch: Official Statement

Creator: FlashJ June 12, 2013 4:29pm
Teh Grazzh0pper
<Member>
Teh Grazzh0pper's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2013 4:57am | Report
I have an idea: Lets all just let bygones be bygones and not comment on this thread any further. So the bottom line is, it was all a big misunderstanding. Now all of you, go have some icecream :3
Thanks to VirusNG for the awesome sig!
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2013 4:59am | Report

I have an idea: Lets all just let bygones be bygones and not comment on this thread any further. So the bottom line is, it was all a big misunderstanding. Now all of you, go have some icecream :3

There is just one problem:
What flavour icecream? :O
Change is gooooood

Je suis le bee
~ Meiyjhe ~
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Teh Grazzh0pper
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2013 5:01am | Report
Chocolate, bittersweet, bitter being the argument and sweet which is the joy of having icecream after.
Teh Grazzh0pper
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2013 5:02am | Report
Why so serious guys?
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2013 5:05am | Report
Don't derail the thread.

you can't ignore the issue because it hasn't been solved yet
Teh Grazzh0pper
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2013 5:08am | Report
Embracing wrote:

Don't derail the thread.

you can't ignore the issue because it hasn't been solved yet

From what I see, the last 20 comments were vets denouncing a person's flawed POV (which I agree on, I actually change my POV after actually realizing what happened. Sorry Mowen :/). There really is no constructive discussion to be made anymore.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2013 5:28am | Report
That may be your opinion, but that is (quite clearly) not the opinion of others who are still discussing.

Either say something on-topic or shut the **** up. It's ******** like this during genuine discussion that also helps give MOBAFire a bad name, because the users are sometimes genuinely lacking in common sense or courtesy.

I also expected better of you, Meijyhe.

Back to the topic at hand:

As I understand it, I see the following objections to what MOBAFireTV has done.

1) Increased their viewer count using an apparently largely unknowing audience (by which I mean they were unaware that they counted as viewers to streams, even if they were aware of the stream's existence).

2) Increased viewer count brought about increased revenue due to Ads via this streaming service.

3) Steals bandwidth from users.

To be honest, I don't intellectually understand how these are 'shady' or similarly negatively connotated. For the most part, it behaves in the same way as normal Ads. They try to accumulate as many views as possible, because having views is a good thing. As someone mentioned, having good views quickly snowballs into more views. It's using a completely legit tactic to gather more views. I don't really understand how it's considered 'shady' or 'dodgey'.

It wasn't insignificantly noticeable. Anyone who wanted to view the newsfeed or generally LoL news had to go past it and ******* ME, it was obviously there. Literally impossible to miss the stream.

I remember when Bebo had auto-play. **** me, that was annoying as hell. I didn't want to be met with some annoying music video that turns on as soon as I open the page. The same goes for random advertisements that just start playing in the background. Sorry, but auto-muting is not shady at all. In fact, it's sensible, because the stream was placed in relatively obvious places.

Stealing your bandwidth? Are you ****ing kidding me? If you don't want MOBAFire to steal your bandwidth, how about you don't use MOBAFire? Jesus f-ing Christ.
Teh Grazzh0pper
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2013 5:33am | Report
sirell wrote:

That may be your opinion, but that is (quite clearly) not the opinion of others who are still discussing.

Either say something on-topic or shut the **** up. It's ******** like this during genuine discussion that also helps give MOBAFire a bad name, because the users are sometimes genuinely lacking in common sense or courtesy.

Back to the topic at hand:

As I understand it, I see the following objections to what MOBAFireTV has done.

1) Increased their viewer count using an apparently largely unknowing audience (by which I mean they were unaware that they counted as viewers to streams, even if they were aware of the stream's existence).

2) Increased viewer count brought about increased revenue due to Ads via this streaming service.

3) Steals bandwidth from users.

To be honest, I don't intellectually understand how these are 'shady' or similarly negatively connotated. For the most part, it behaves in the same way as normal Ads. They try to accumulate as many views as possible, because having views is a good thing. As someone mentioned, having good views quickly snowballs into more views. It's using a completely legit tactic to gather more views. I don't really understand how it's considered 'shady' or 'dodgey'.

It wasn't insignificantly noticeable. Anyone who wanted to view the newsfeed or generally LoL news had to go past it and ******* ME, it was obviously there. Literally impossible to miss the stream.

I remember when Bebo had auto-play. **** me, that was annoying as hell. I didn't want to be met with some annoying music video that turns on as soon as I open the page. The same goes for random advertisements that just start playing in the background. Sorry, but auto-muting is not shady at all. In fact, it's sensible, because the stream was placed in relatively obvious places.

Stealing your bandwidth? Are you ****ing kidding me? If you don't want MOBAFire to steal your bandwidth, how about you don't use MOBAFire? Jesus f-ing Christ.

Gosh, you could have phrased it nicely instead of increasing the frequency of vulgarities and making yourself seem like a 12 year old punk :/.

Aside from that, I do believe the discussion is going nowhere, either people are just repeating points that are mentioned or are just bickering about different views. Thus I just wanted to casually ask people to use the proper channels to bring out problems and solutions. That's just my personality and my way of asking people to use proper channels to address the issue, and there was certainly no need for the use of vulgarities...
DemonRyou
<Member>
DemonRyou's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2013 5:49am | Report
There is clearly nothing to discuss. Educated people realized far before the official statement that nothing "wrong" or "shady" was going on. Misinformed people and blind Siv followers are just causing trouble.

The only thing being discussed is people still thinking MOBAFire is wrong and the people who are trying to defend MOBAFire.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2013 5:49am | Report
sirell wrote:

Excuse me dear ser, but I can totally see the point of Grazzhopper.

It is quite clear what must be done, and that is a talk between an admin and SivHD. We can go on and on about what is right and what is wrong, but we had the approval of Twitch. That means if having all this views is ethically wrong, than it is Twitch its responsibility, because they are the ones that gave MFTV permission.

Just fix the problem with Siv, because his fans are the ones that will cause problems. If Siv is convinced that he made some quick accusations, he might post that he was wrong, and mobafires name will be restored by a bit already ;P

Right now, the discussion is just running in circles.
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide