Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

MOBAFire 2017 Guide Contest

Creator: PsiGuard November 14, 2016 2:46pm
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2016 5:29pm | Report
You're right it's not about winning RP too, or at least it shouldn't be. It would be a shame if the sole reason for someone's motivation of updating/making a Guide was just about winning some RP.

Agreed. I couldn't care less about the RP tbh. It's all about the ego boost.
Elusive Ferret
<Crowd Favorite>
Elusive Ferret's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2016 6:21pm | Report

Agreed. I couldn't care less about the RP tbh. It's all about the ego boost.

+1
I can't take back the words I never said
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 27, 2016 5:04am | Report
It's unfortunate that the contest was so much earlier this year, but you have the right frame of mind in regards to what your focus should be on.

There's definitely a lot that would need changing for a Jungle/Jungler Guide that's for sure. I was lucky that I only really had to change Masteries (which weren't anything major) and the matchups for the Assassins that got reworked/changed. Only reason it still took me over 100 hours was because I hadn't updated it in like 6 months and I also decided to completely change the visuals and layout of the Guide.

You're right it's not about winning RP too, or at least it shouldn't be. It would be a shame if the sole reason for someone's motivation of updating/making a Guide was just about winning some RP. It's a nice bonus sure and should work as some motivation, but as you say, it should be about wanting to teach people about something you have knowledge and experience with. I mean, that's the whole point of making a Guide at the end of the day no? Maybe that's just me though, I spent the RP I won last year on 2 Gnar skins for Wayne :D

Just out of curiosity, you're not on EUW right?

Yeah, the contest announcement hit me by surprise :P Pretty sure that if it started a bit later I'd have something decent to present xd Right now I was lucky enough not to have a lot of the guide written and accounted for and I only need to replace a small part of it, so yeah...

Also, the very first guide I wrote here (which is now archived, unfortunately) was motivated by the fact that my friends thought it would be completely useless and people wouldn't care. I guess that 3 million views, 80+ comments and 40+ upvotes proved them wrong xD And besides, writing guides is a learning process in itself, I always learn something I didn't know about the champion/role when writing the guide.

And yes, I do play on EUW, along with Wapora Dank and others :P
Elusive Ferret
<Crowd Favorite>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 27, 2016 7:15am | Report
Re4XN wrote:

Yeah, the contest announcement hit me by surprise :P Pretty sure that if it started a bit later I'd have something decent to present xd Right now I was lucky enough not to have a lot of the guide written and accounted for and I only need to replace a small part of it, so yeah...

Also, the very first guide I wrote here (which is now archived, unfortunately) was motivated by the fact that my friends thought it would be completely useless and people wouldn't care. I guess that 3 million views, 80+ comments and 40+ upvotes proved them wrong xD And besides, writing guides is a learning process in itself, I always learn something I didn't know about the champion/role when writing the guide.

Add me, I've got a surprise for you!
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 27, 2016 2:54pm | Report
Is your summoner name the same as your username? If so, then I think I sent you an invite :P
Elusive Ferret
<Crowd Favorite>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 27, 2016 10:45pm | Report
Re4XN wrote:
Is your summoner name the same as your username? If so, then I think I sent you an invite :P

Righto! Start the 24 hour countdown! :D
Gaisgeach
<Member>
Gaisgeach's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2016 8:07pm | Report
No mine is not the same. ....It was my old one.
Gaisgeach
<Member>
Gaisgeach's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2016 8:08pm | Report
How do we know if we win???
Elusive Ferret
<Crowd Favorite>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2016 8:31pm | Report
Gaisgeach wrote:
How do we know if we win???

There will be a 'Guide Contest Winners' thread like last year made after the contest has ended and been judged.
Elusive Ferret
<Crowd Favorite>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2016 8:28am | Report
Re4XN wrote:

Add me, I've got a surprise for you!

You should have your surprise now Re4XN c:

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide