Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

MOBAFire Achievements Update!

Creator: PsiGuard October 14, 2014 5:06pm
1 2 3
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2014 5:06pm | Report

Hello everyone, I have some special news for you! The staff have been working on improving your experience with the achievement system and we have some new additions and changes to roll out. I'm proud to present Award Sorting, two new kinds of badges and a new automation system that's just been implemented.

Award Sorting

This has been a highly requested feature since we initially released the badge system. You can now arrange the order in which your badges will be displayed on your posts and your profile by using the new organizer tool. Here's how it works.

Open the profile editor by clicking the gear at the top right of your screen, or rest your mouse on it and click Edit Profile. Under the More Info tab, the organizer should appear in a section called Award Sorting. Here you can drag your badges in the order you wish for them to be displayed. Click Update once you're satisfied and then you're done!

New Badges: Time Registered + Soloqueue Rank

We have two new sets of badges to hand out. You can earn a cool MOBAFire flame badge based on how many years you've been a member of the site. We also have a badge that will be given according to your soloqueue rank at the end of the 2014 season. Keep in mind that you need to verify your summoner name using the verification tool in your profile in order to receive your badge! It might take a little while for your badges to show up, so don't panic if you don't see them right away.

Automated Badge Assignment

I'm pretty excited about this feature. We have a new automation tool that will allow us to distribute badges appropriately to the users who have earned them by setting up preconditions for each achievement. Some badges will still have to be given out manually, but this means nobody misses out on a badge that they've earned due to human error. This also means a little less busywork for me. Yay!
Thanks to Minho for the sig!
[deleted]
<Editor>
oxide110's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2014 5:09pm | Report
Cool stuff

London is one hour ahead of the rest of England -Luther3000
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2014 10:29pm | Report
yay I'll finally get a badge too :D
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2014 10:37pm | Report
Cool :D
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2014 2:59am | Report
I finally get a badge!
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2014 4:52am | Report
And I assume the rep badges are gonna be distributed when the auto thing starts, or?
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2014 5:30am | Report
Is there a way to hide your badges ?

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2014 12:01pm | Report
Joxuu wrote:
Is there a way to hide your badges ?

Why would you want to do that? :(

@ MissMaw Those badges aren't a part of this update, no. They will be automated once we add them; I assume there'll be a separate announcement for it once that happens.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2014 1:42pm | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:
Why would you want to do that? :(

I think that the style of some of the badges don't match the MobaFire theme/match other badges, so I can see some people thinking they don't look right under their profile pictures?

Also, cool, +rep badges! :3 Good to know they're coming out too ^^
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2014 2:02pm | Report
We'll look into some controls for hiding your badges. I know there will be an issue where some users will only have elo or years registered badges and it'll look kinda funky showing three of them.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide