Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

MOBAFire Feedback Thread - Post Your Top 3 Wishes

Creator: PsiGuard January 25, 2017 6:20pm
jokersprank
<Member>
jokersprank's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2017 10:05am | Report
@ jhoijhoi looks sleek :o But the blue will always bother me.

pls fix it so I can see the names

1. Editor

I don't mean only the guide editor but also all the tools. The planner tools are scattered all over the place. I can imagine that the rune and item tool are used also for personal use but then they should show a summary of stats and gold, or just become some built-in tool in the bar with the mastery tool. I mean there is this pick and ban icon that I've never seen used before. We could just add those tools there if it's easy to do.

Finding specific code is also difficult. I haven't used the mention tag before and had to look through the news posts to find it. When you press @, it appears a list of names. Why can't we have that for coding? Also, it's always a hassle to write the end tag, when it is something like the center tag which has to my knowledge no parameters.
  2. I really like the idea of vistors commenting and voting guides. Maybe make commenting possible regardless for visitors, or visitors need to comment to vote but the comment can be upvoted or downvoted. If the threshhold is too low, it can trigger some kind of alarm and mods take a look if the comment is against the rule.
  3. I feel like streams and videos aren't advertised enough. Why is there a tab in the first place? I think Mobafire offers everything but not everything is being used. There is a problem but I don't know what exactly it is.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2017 10:36am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:
2 - Return new guides to the front page. I can't stress this enough and it's been requested a million times. As things are right now, you can re-dimension the "Featured guides" and "Popular Guides this week" in a way that "New Guides" also fits. Most scouts I know used to go to the new guides and comment + provide feedback, helping them grow. I know I have benifited GREATLY of this.

Just want to mention real quick that this wasn't ignored (not sure if you meant to imply that, but y'know), we just decided against it. The front page of the site is tailored mainly towards new visitors, and displaying new guides (of which we're not always sure they're very good) unfortunately doesn't do much to boost our reputation. That said, I realise that the "Newest Guides" button in the Builds & Guides dropdown menu doesn't seem to be quite doing it for you guys either (all them extra clicks 8D), so I'll see if I can come up with some alternatives that would benefit both parties. Perhaps a rework of the roles (as suggested by MissMaw) could see new guides being included on a page made specifically for Scouts / the role that would replace Scouts?

Thanks again for the feedback (and front page mockup @ jhoijhoi, looks cool!)

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2017 11:09am | Report
^ I actually thought about that. There could be like two scout levels, people who can +Scout and "aspiring scouts"? Either way, my idea was that scouts could have an option where they get a message (similar to current warning system) whenever there's a new guide. It could even be tailored to warn like every 10 new guides or so and turned on/off?

I didn't mean to imply that you guys ignored it I remember you answering but people not being uber happy even if I understand the reasons for it. Thing is, I think that, in a way, it also motivated new members towards writing guides (I can do better than this) or (wow I can get featured). If we get this system for scouts you can still give people writing their first guide a positive message like "do your best coz scouts might be looking!"
FatelBlade
<Member>
FatelBlade's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2017 1:06pm | Report
Hey!
My number one wish is an overhaul of the role system, with a focus on the editors. I get that its a role anyone gets when reaching a specific rep threshold, and editing is a voluntary action that no one is forced to do. However, it is easy to feel trivialized when you're one of many editors, and no one contributes. This is related in general to the entire role system, with these roles having duties that no one accomplishes. To me, it would make sense to either make the role of editor contingent on actively working to update the database and other issues that may arise, or to simply have it be an application only role.
Also, it is stated that no Vet has ever been stripped of their title, but is that true? I think Canoas was stripped of it once, though I may be wrong.

I do not want to repeat what others have said, but the entire vet system is broken and needs to be looked at. My thoughts on the subject are clear and known so I won't go on about it.

On the same train as the editor role, it would be nice for a major (or even minor) overhaul of the editing system. For a majority of the tools, its just an empty box we have to fill in with text, and use weird systems for scaling. I believe it has been stated that it is not likely to change due to the infrastructure already in place, but this is a wish list so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Also, others have said this but this website does not look good. It had a clean interface at the start but at this point its just dated and inefficient. There is a lot of empty space on both sides of the screen, and while normally there would be ads here, I don't like have a large portion of my screen be unclickable when trying to make Chrome my active window. And that calendar on the bottom of the screen, it just sucks. I don't know why that is there. I don't have information or data about it and it could be sued often, but to me it feels tacky and unnecessary.

Finally, I think there needs to be more communication between the MOBAFire staff and the people. MOBAFire Prime seems like a failed experiment to me (again, I don't know the numbers and it could be highly profitable). It doesn't seem like it provides enough for someone to want to put up the money for it, and it just kinda came from no where. It would be nice (and it seems like its trending this way) for more communication on upcoming features, without a rant post being have to made to draw the staff out to speak about them. Perhaps a weekly post where the staff drop by to answer questions?
Thanks to jhoijhoi for the awesome PsiGuard-loving sig!
Lasoor
<Member>
Lasoor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2017 2:09pm | Report
Quoted:
I didn't mean to imply that you guys ignored it I remember you answering but people not being uber happy even if I understand the reasons for it. Thing is, I think that, in a way, it also motivated new members towards writing guides (I can do better than this) or (wow I can get featured). If we get this system for scouts you can still give people writing their first guide a positive message like "do your best coz scouts might be looking!"

What keeps me writing guides is fact that if you google "Yorick Build" for example you'll see my guide on top because it is new and well received which means most people looking for a Yorick guide will look at mine. Mobafire is really good about "showcasing" new guides where it matters in my opinion.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2017 5:39pm | Report
FalseoGod wrote:
3 - This is a vanity, but you should allow people to choose if they want their soloQ or flexQ rank to define their border (or maybe you already do and I suck). I only play flex with lower friends and I'm not a fan of being stuck with this gold border, less so if I decide to go on a SoloQ spree to reach diamond..

It should be verifying your top rank between solo queue and flex queue. I'm told there was a bug that was fixed earlier today regarding verification, so if it's showing the wrong rank now, it might fix itself soon.

If not then we'll have to take a look at it again. It should be showing your highest rank between the two queues.

@ jhoijhoi I always love your mockups :P
Thanks to Hoppermh for the sig!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2017 10:15pm | Report
Thanks guys :) Appreciate the comments :D

In terms of my mockup, I tried to "fix" what I felt was bulky/wrong about the front page.

+ A uniform coloured background so it was easy to see where sections began/ended
+ Less extra padding around boxes (ties in with the first)
+ Aimed for seamless design so it looked cohesive, as opposed to dropped in all over the place
+ Aligned the sections of the page so that there was a clear "main left" section and "lesser right" section.
+ Added clarity to the header tabs and made them stand out
+ Chose two shades of blue and one grey for the entire scheme, with red/yellow as accents
+ Added voting on match ups, which I believe would increase participation of the community
+ Added space for advertisements that make sense, but won't be intrusive (the add should span the entire length of the spaces, not half and be so awkward)
+ The news stories have the image scaled down and to the left, and a brief summary/outtake of the content on the right. Also the option to view all news posts, which the current news section is lacking.
+ Recent activity has just a link to the forums, as opposed to viewing all comments, which I think is redundant when people can press Prev 10/Next 10.
+ Q&A takes up less space, but looks more interactive, and less annoying/more inviting
+ Search bar is without the drop down for champions/abilities etc because I find that extra step annoying. Why can't we type in "psi" and just get all entries starting with that, regardless of whether that's a member, rune, mastery etc?
+ I've left aligned the free week champions so that the boxes fit snugly, and changed "view all" to "view all champions" and a call to action button.

The only thing I'm not finished/happy with is the feature/popular guides section, which I would personally have displayed in a different manner, but I was getting tired. I agree with the sentiment that new guides shouldn't be on the front page, but perhaps rising guides could be (is popular based on vote count or comment count or what?).

I may be back with an updated mock-up.

Any suggestions?
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2017 2:28am | Report

^updated.

Not sure about the elo/ranking badges in the feature/popular guides section. Fixed the spaces for ads, seeing as MobaFire runs off them.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2017 3:00am | Report

I like this part a lot
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2017 3:26am | Report
I'd keep the blue in the background, as is I think it's too blocky and looks almost confusing. It's organized, sure, but there's so much pulling your attention in different ways it seems too aggressive at a glance, needs something that unites the elements

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide