Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

New Champion Build Stats + Champion Page Visual...

Creator: Mowen August 3, 2017 3:51pm
1 2
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2017 3:51pm | Report

We're very excited to finally share with you an update that's been in the works for a while, a totally overhauled champion page - with new Champion Build Stats and Wishlist feature!

Champion Page Overhaul

Our champion pages have gotten a complete makeover, as well as some new features. Please take a look and let us know what you think!

Here's a rundown of some of the major changes:

• New Champion Build Stats Tab
    • Stat driven recommended runes, masteries, items, and skilling order for your reference

• Added Role and Win % Stats

• New +Wishlist button for champs and skins
    • The new Wishlist feature gives you a notification when something on your wishlist goes on sale - never miss a sale again! ;)

• Updated guide listings to new style
    • Guide icon shows skin you've selected for your guide background for extra flair and personality!
    • Lane indicators for guide's set role
    • Patch indicators now shine if the guide is updated within the last 3 patches, are green if they are within season, are yellow if they are from preseason, and are red if they are out of season
    • New Ranked filter setting if you only want to browse verified / ranked player guides

• Updated Counters module to have 8 entries (instead of 4) + advantage rating display

• New Sales sidebar that shows all of champions skins and when they last went on sale (or if they're legacy / special events skins)

New Build Stats

• Check the top 3 builds, not just one
    • Give yourself some wiggle room and an idea of how builds can vary for this champion / role

• Top items separated by Core, Boots, and Luxury items
    • Core items are the first 2 items displayed, sorted by most picked
    • Luxury items are the last 3 items, sorted by win rate, flip through or expand the items to see all your choices!

• See top builds per champ, per role

• Break down each build by section
    • See independent stats for runes, masteries, starter items, trinkets, core items, luxury items, and skilling order

• Compact / Expanded view options
    • Compare the top 3 builds all in one view in Expanded view, or keep it short and sweet in Compact view - we'll remember your preference

New Wishlist Feature

• Never miss a sale again
    • Get a notification whenever a skin or champion on your wishlist goes on sale
    • Email notifications for wishlist item sales are turned on by default, but can be changed via your Notification Settings
    • Right now there is no consolidated "Wish List" for you to view your own (or a friend's!) wish list, but it will be coming soon!

That's all for this update, as always please please let us know what you think and leave a comment in this thread! Hope you enjoy the new features. :)
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2017 4:30pm | Report
Damn, the new champion pages look awesome 🔥

check out my MF guide!
L3gislacerator
<Fabulous>
L3gislacerator's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2017 4:47pm | Report
I remember you guys taking suggestions for the new pages a while back; it's nice to see so many of them come into fruition. Lovin' the clean look as well. :)

| Support Taric Guide | Jungle Taric Guide | signature by jhoijhoi! |
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2017 5:18pm | Report
Thank you guys!!! Glad you dig the new look / features B)
RottedApples
<Inhouse Addict>
RottedApples's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2017 5:42pm | Report
If i'm on the pantheon page I'd rather see the counters list be "panth counters these champs" then "panth gets countered by this champs"

I'd rather be looking at pantheons 60% win rate against teemo in a green number for pantheon than illaoi's 60% win rate against pantheon in a green number for pantheon. It just seems backwards to me.

Signature is from Ninja_Trigger's champion mastery thread!
New and slightly improved version is still up to date >HERE!<
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2017 5:56pm | Report
Thanks for the feedback! I think if you're looking for counters it's more intuitive to check the champion you're up against instead of look at the champion you're playing, so that's why it is the way it is. It is designed assuming you're actually interested in looking up counters.

I see your point but would like to hear some more feedback first before deciding on anything! Thanks again. :)
L3gislacerator
<Fabulous>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2017 6:54pm | Report
When searching for "(champion name here) guide" in Google, it still links to a version of the champ's old page. Those should also be updated as well, or rather redirected to the new ones.

Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2017 7:11pm | Report
Yup those pages have an update coming soon too!

(side note I love your avatar)
L3gislacerator
<Fabulous>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2017 7:26pm | Report
Thanks! Transistor is such a beautiful game ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2017 1:50am | Report
Absolutely loving the Abilities page. Looks so awesome. The Build page is really cool too, I like how easy it is to read. The only thing I could suggest is having a little portal on the right hand side underneath "create guide" or "sales" to show some of MobaFire's top rated guides for that champion. Just more exposure for the champion guides :)

Nice work, guys!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide