Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

New Champion Database, Guide Browser, and Guide...

Creator: Mowen April 27, 2017 3:13pm
1 2
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2017 3:13pm | Report
Champion Database

New Data, New Filters, More Options

First up is our new Champions database page. This page has been totally reworked to provide more ways to explore the entire LoL champion line up.

You can now find every champion's Win Rate, Ban Rate, and Pick Rate in our Champion Database, as well as Role Rate and Role specific data. Filtering for a role will change all the data displayed to be for that role only, even if it is not the Champion's primary role.

On top of the rates, we have a filterable tag feature for Popular (pick rate over 20%), Strong (Win Rate over 53%), Free, and on Sale.

Choose Your View

In addition to all the new data, we have 3 new views for you to choose from! We'll even remember your preferred view in a cookie, so that next time you visit this page you'll see your favorite view.

There is the default card view, list view, and icon view. List view has the most information, including win rate, ban rate, pick rate, roles, IP/RP cost, and date of last sale. Icon view is for the minimalists, all it shows is the champ icon. Card view is a balance between list and icon, with more information if you hover over the card.

Guide Browser

New Look

We've removed some clutter to give the guide listings a little more breathing room as well as make room for other features. The score bar has been flattened to be more incremental, and we've added color coding to scores and patch numbers to assist with quick browsing.

You'll also notice some nifty new animations for new and low vote guides that will draw attention to guides in need of more votes!

There is a new patch tag that will be on every guide, this is the last patch the guide was updated during. Currently, the other tags are Stream (for online Prime streamers) and Featured (for guides currently featured on the home page). We'd love to hear any other tags or ideas you guys would like to see here!

In addition, there is a new role indicator icon in guide listings, which well let browsers quickly tell what role this guide is intended for. This is determined by the role you have selected in your Guide Settings.

Focused Filters

The amount of filters on this page has actually been reduced to focus in on the filters we found more people were using, and make them more easily accessible.

We've consolidated the role / lane filter into one filter, made the champion filter a text search with suggestions, and kept the category and depth filters.

New Sidebars

Find Fresh Guides

The sidebars for these areas have also received an update to highlight trending guides, as well as guides by new authors.

Trending guides are determined by the amount of votes in the past week (as you can see, Xayah and Rakan were very popular this month!) and the new guide authors listing is for first time authors only.

We continue to strive to find more ways to showcase and highlight fresh content where appropriate, and we hope you'll find these new sidebar features fun and useful!

We really hope you enjoy these updates, and there's more coming! As always, please leave any feedback or suggestions in this thread, we'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas. :)
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2017 3:25pm | Report
hey mobafire

.what?

u sexy

by jhoijhoi
Lasoor
<Member>
Lasoor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2017 8:27pm | Report
Noticed right away that it didn't display Master Yi as a top laner. Was wondering why, because he is way more of a top laner than Warwick and just about every famous master yi main plays him top lane, not just jungle. His top lane win rate in high elo is also 68%.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2017 8:36pm | Report
cyberchipmunk
<Member>
cyberchipmunk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2017 8:38pm | Report
It looks soooo good ;-;
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2017 10:00pm | Report
Lasoor wrote:
Noticed right away that it didn't display Master Yi as a top laner. Was wondering why, because he is way more of a top laner than Warwick and just about every famous master yi main plays him top lane, not just jungle. His top lane win rate in high elo is also 68%.

The selected roles are based on role rate. Yi is played in jungle in over 90% of plat+ games (the rest is probably mostly split between mid and top) which is why he's shown there. Obviously if someone writes a top lane yi guide, you can still filter for that and it'll show up just fine.

The icons are just there to show where the champion is normally played based on statistics. Mostly to help newer players understand what to expect if they're not familiar with where a champion is normally played.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2017 4:37am | Report
Will these pages still have the old guide layout forever?

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/aatrox-guide

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/champion/aatrox-114

Love the updates, of course :)

I find it a bit hard to see the lane of a champion when the elo is gold, maybe increase the drop shadow?

Is Challenger supposed to be "CHALLNGR" on purpose?

Looking at Galio on page http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/champions with strip view, his roles are 4 so don't fit in the column.

When I go to click "PICK %" just above the champion, it highlights the words, making me think that clicking them will allow me to sort by ROLE/RPCOST/IPCOST/PICK% etc. However, I'm actually highlighting the champion itself, so clicking leads me to the champion page.

In the portrait view, hovering my mouse over the champion shows me the role percentage correctly, but that's it. I have to then move my mouse down to the absolute middle of the champion and/or move my mouse a lot, like forcing the page to load the wheel of strengths. Waiting doesn't help, I have to jiggle my mouse on and off the champion. Once the champion wheel has loaded, I don't ever have to do that again and the wheel appears immediately for that specific champion.

That's all I've found so far ^^

Awesome update guys. Keep it up! Keen to see what is next <3
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2017 5:18am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:
When I go to click "PICK %" just above the champion, it highlights the words, making me think that clicking them will allow me to sort by ROLE/RPCOST/IPCOST/PICK% etc. However, I'm actually highlighting the champion itself, so clicking leads me to the champion page.

In the portrait view, hovering my mouse over the champion shows me the role percentage correctly, but that's it. I have to then move my mouse down to the absolute middle of the champion and/or move my mouse a lot, like forcing the page to load the wheel of strengths. Waiting doesn't help, I have to jiggle my mouse on and off the champion. Once the champion wheel has loaded, I don't ever have to do that again and the wheel appears immediately for that specific champion.

Could you elaborate on these two issues specifically?

1. With list view, I don't see the phrase "Pick %" getting highlighted while I mouse over it, while at the same time the background color of whichever champion is at the top of the list clearly changes (image), so it seems intuitive to me that I'm "selecting" that champion. It'd probably be better if none of the champions are highlighted until my mouse actually hovers over them (rather than over the column names), I'm just checking whether we're seeing the same thing here.

Edit: Actually, there seems to be a very minor change in color when I mouse over the column names, so small in fact that I question whether the color actually changes or whether it just feels that way because the background color below it becomes darker. I'm pretty sure none of those column names are meant to be highlighted though, as the option to order by pick %, win % etc. is already given by the sort buttons directly above it.

2. Do you mean the stat wheel does not initially move at all when you mouse over a champion? I can't seem to replicate that. Also, when you say "Once the champion wheel has loaded, I don't ever have to do that again", do you mean it works normally until you refresh the page (both normally & when using Ctrl + F5) or indefinitely?

Thanks for the feedback, will make sure to pass it on :)

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2017 5:30am | Report
Wheels no longer happens. Perhaps it was a first time loading the page thing.

guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2017 7:41am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:
Will these pages still have the old guide layout forever?

Nope :)

jhoijhoi wrote:
I find it a bit hard to see the lane of a champion when the elo is gold, maybe increase the drop shadow?

I agree it is a bit hard to see. We'll have a look at it.

jhoijhoi wrote:
Is Challenger supposed to be "CHALLNGR" on purpose?

It was on purpose in order to fit it in and not have it go over/under the role icon. I'll mention it and see if we can come up with something better though, as it is a little odd.

jhoijhoi wrote:
Looking at Galio on page http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/champions with strip view, his roles are 4 so don't fit in the column.

Woops! Admittedly we got a little focused on the default view, this slipped by. Will fix.

Regarding the column headers in list view, I'll see about splitting them away from the first champion to avoid confusion.

The wheels not showing may have been a local cache issue or something, that never happened for me but hopefully it's not widespread. If anyone else has, and continues to have that issue, let us know!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide