Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Patch 5.20 Summary

Creator: Wayne3100 October 13, 2015 3:57pm
1 2
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2015 3:57pm | Report

Hello and welcome to the MOBAFire Patch Summary - 5.20!

Earlier today, Riot released the patch notes of patch 5.20, and we are here to walk you through today's update to make sure you don't get caught off guard the next time you set foot on Summoner's Rift.

Obviously, one of the main things to look forward to in this patch is the release of Kindred, but there are also champion buffs and nerfs to talk about, as well as a set of upcoming new skins and splash art updates to some of the skins which already exist today. Let's take a look!

Champion Updates

WTF DID THEY DO TO MY CHAMPION?!
quick access for concerned players

-
+
-
Azir
Darius
Dr. Mundo
Evelynn
-
+
-
Fiora
Kalista
Teemo
Vayne

! = Rework / Gameplay Update* = Mostly bugfix(es) and/or display changes+ = Buff- = Nerf~ = Mixed

Note that the * marks a future bug fix!

Though no exact date for Kindred's release was shared, we expect it to happen sooner rather than later, so make sure you catch up on what this new addition will bring to the Rift if you haven't already. As a reminder, you can check out the kit by mousing over the ability icons below or by taking a look at the Kindred Champion Spotlight.

Moving on from the new and back to the old, there aren't too many changes to champions in this patch, but still some which are worth highlighting. For example, it should be no surprise that Darius has a - in front of his name in today's "WTF DID THEY DO TO MY CHAMPION?!" table; the blade width when using Decimate (270 ⇒ 220) and the slow on Apprehend (90% ⇒ 40%) are both going down. Other nerfs in this patch will see Vayne's AD go down by 3 and Evelynn's Dark Frenzy receive an actual mana cost (0 ⇒ 40), while Fiora's Grand Challenge duration will only remain the same as before if she manages to hit enemy Vitals (5 seconds ⇒ 2 to 5 seconds).

As for the good news, Dr. Mundo's Blunt Force Trauma will now reset his attack timer, increase the range of his next auto attack by 25 and scale with 5% of his maximum Health, while Teemo's Noxious Traps now arm in 1 second (down from 1.5) and charge slightly quicker than before (35/31/27 seconds per charge ⇒ 34/28/22 seconds per charge).

Upcoming Skins

Though this patch may still not be the largest in terms of champion buffs & nerfs, there are a decent amount of new skins coming out, which are shown below. Obviously, Shadowfire Kindred makes its reappearance after the champion's release being delayed to this patch, while Brand, Kassadin and Vi can also look forward to receiving a new skins. These skins have been confirmed not to be related to this year's Harrowing event.

On top of the new releases, five existing skins will also receive a new splash art; these are displayed below the set of new skins (click for the full size image).

Updated Splash Arts!

Vandal Brand

Frosted Ezreal

Assassin Master Yi

Chosen Master Yi

Jade Dragon Wukong

Share Your Thoughts!

Time to throw it back over to you guys and gather some opinions. For example, which of the changes in this patch do you feel were the most necessary, and which are missing entirely? Are you planning to pick up any of the new skins? Alternatively, do you own any of the skins which have been updated and - if so - what do you think about the updated splash art(s)?

Let us know by commenting below!

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
RottedApples
<Inhouse Addict>
RottedApples's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2015 7:41pm | Report
look at the sexy lamb /s

Signature is from Ninja_Trigger's champion mastery thread!
New and slightly improved version is still up to date >HERE!<
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2015 2:04am | Report
Call an ambulance, Vayne lost 3 AD
LevasK
<Member>
LevasK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2015 2:17am | Report
Well, Kindred is live on EUNE. (Can't wait to see all those executes in the jungle)

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2015 2:36am | Report
LevasK wrote:
Well, Kindred is live on EUNE. (Can't wait to see all those executes in the jungle)

I hope to be the first one of your friends getting it <3
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2015 3:03am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

I hope to be the first one of your friends getting it <3

Already have it
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2015 3:53am | Report
Yay, Dr. Mundo got buffed! Time to rape some people top lane at level 1 with Blunt Force Trauma.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2015 3:57am | Report
Janitsu wrote:

Already have it

I meant the "executed" message. Also, you're not LevasK's friend sorry </3
LevasK
<Member>
LevasK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2015 4:00am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

I meant the "executed" message. Also, you're not LevasK's friend sorry </3

But, but he is my friend...

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2015 4:11am | Report
So that's why you keep trying to ship us :^)

Huh, back to topic huh I think the Patience mechanic is dumb as **** because it allows so much silly pointless trolling and it has actually screwed me once or twice early game jungling
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide