Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Patch 6.10 Summary

Creator: Wayne3100 May 18, 2016 11:47am
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2016 11:47am | Report

Hello and welcome to the MOBAFire Patch Summary - 6.10!

Today's patch is a rather small one compared to last time, and is aimed mainly at fixing some of the strong (and weak) outliers which the huge set of changes in patch 6.9 introduced - as such, the main group of champions affected by today's balance changes are (once again) mages. Speaking of mages, League's newest mage ( Taliyah) has also been released, so we'll start today's summary by taking a quick look at her abilities.

Outside of that, our aim in this post is to highlight some of the most influential changes introduced and provide some context on why Riot decided to make them. As always, we'll also end with some visual goodness by displaying splash art changes to Tristana's skins as well as upcoming skins which will be released over the course of the next two weeks. Let's get to it!

Champion Updates

WTF DID THEY DO TO MY CHAMPION?!
quick access for concerned players

-
+
-
+
Alistar
Anivia
Aurelion Sol
Cassiopeia
-
+
+
Fiddlesticks
Fizz
Illaoi
Jinx
-
+
+
+
Malzahar
Master Yi
Nocturne
Shyvana
+
~
+
Swain
Taric
Tryndamere
Vel'Koz
+
-

Vladimir
Zyra

! = Rework / Gameplay Update* = Mostly bugfix(es) and/or display changes+ = Buff- = Nerf~ = Mixed

Before looking at the balance changes introduced in this patch, we want to quickly highlight the release of Taliyah, the Stoneweaver. If you're not yet familiar with her abilities, make sure to check them out by mousing over the ability icons at the bottom of this section, or review the kit in action by checking out the Taliyah Champion Spotlight.

As mentioned in the introduction, most of the other changes are aimed at balancing mages, with a few examples of recently underperforming mages - who have been buffed this patch - being Vladimir, Anivia and Swain. Now, Glacial Storm's reliability as a zoning tool has gone up (following a higher cast range and radius as well as a lower mana cost per second), Hemoplague heals Vladimir for significantly more than before and Swain's healing from Ravenous Flock is no longer based on a percentage of the damage dealt vs enemies, removing the "double effectiveness" of building magic resist against him.

Despite all green +'s in the table above, there are also a few champions who were overperforming and have been toned down. The main culprit today is Aurelion Sol, who was boasting a 60%+ win rate in platinum-and-higher ranked games (for anyone with 50+ games played) last patch. Because of this, his W cooldown (6 down to 2 seconds ⇒ 6 down to 4 seconds) and Falling Star damage (200/300/400 ⇒ 150/250/350) have both been targeted, meaning his raw damage output should be a good bit lower overall.

Splash Art Changes & Upcoming Skins

Since there's little to talk about in terms of item and summoner spell changes ( Enchantment: Bloodrazor: +10% AS, +1% max health damage on hit, Barrier and Ghost: -30s cooldown, Ghost: movement speed bonus changed to scale with level), let's move straight on to skins.

Though there aren't quite as many changes to report as in some of the previous patches, one champion who has received a new splash art on her skins is Tristana! To compare the old and the new, refer to the table below.

Tristana Splash Art Changes
Click on any of the thumbnails to view the full size splash art. To compare it to the old splash art, refer to the link in the brackets behind the skin's name.

Buccaneer Tristana (Old)

Earnest Elf Tristana (Old)

Firefighter Tristana (Old)

Guerilla Tristana (Old)

Riot Girl Tristana (Old)

Rocket Girl Tristana (Old)

On top of those changes, there are also the regular upcoming skins, one of which has been released already ( Taliyah's release skin).

Share Your Thoughts!

That wraps up our 6.10 patch summary! As always, feel free to check out the full patch notes (link in the introduction) to see all changes we didn't get to talk about.

Before you go, make sure to let us know what you think of today's changes. Have you seen Taliyah in action yet, or will you be trying her out yourself? Which of the buffed champions do you think will be played most in the near future, and which champions do you feel Riot have failed to address? Finally, are you looking to pick up any of the upcoming Super Galaxy skins?

Let us know in the comments below!

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
YslayerZ
<Member>
YslayerZ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2016 11:52am | Report
Now Taric shines even more fabulously!
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2016 12:30pm | Report
The new Shyvana skin is super awesome, trying hard not to waste my money on it :P

Also, the upcoming El Macho Dr. Mundo is amazing as well... hard times for my wallet.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2016 3:07pm | Report
I'm pretty excited about the new champion, I might play her top lane like I do with Lissandra even though she's probably a better mid laner.

Meh, guess I'll really have to read up on all these new mage items then.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 19, 2016 4:40pm | Report
Fiddlesticks will now turn into a scarecrow if you stop moving for 5 seconds.

The ****.

Basically MOBAFire.
YslayerZ
<Member>
YslayerZ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 19, 2016 4:47pm | Report
Fiddlesticks will now turn into a scarecrow if you stop moving for 5 seconds.

The ****.

yeah I think I saw a gif of some guy recording it. Apparently he just freezes lol.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide