Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Patch 6.16 Summary

Creator: PsiGuard August 10, 2016 1:20am
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2016 1:20am | Report

Hello and welcome to the MOBAFire Patch Summary - 6.16!

Welcome to the Kled patch, which includes a handful champion changes and a lot of skins. We'll go over all the champion changes since there isn't much else to cover with no item or map changes in this patch. We'll also give you a preview of upcoming SKT skins and of course Sir Kled.

Check out the full patch notes for details on any changes that interest you.

Champion Updates

WTF DID THEY DO TO MY CHAMPION?!
quick access for concerned players

~
Irelia
Leona
+
Lulu
Mordekaiser
+
-
Nautilus
Sona
-
Viktor

! = Rework / Gameplay Update* = Mostly bugfix(es) and/or display changes+ = Buff- = Nerf~ = Mixed

Irelia received arguably the largest change this patch, with a rework to her passive, Ionian Fervor. Rather than gaining tenacity based on the number of enemy champions near her, she now gains tenacity in uneven fights. If Irelia and her allies outnumber nearby enemies, she gains no bonus, but if the numbers are equal, Irelia gains 10% tenacity. When outnumbered, Irelia gains up to 40% tenacity at level 16, making her much more slippery when caught out alone or in disadvantaged fights, but easier to lock down in group fights.

Lulu received another buff to her Whimsy, providing another 10% increased attack speed to allies at all ranks. The cooldown was also lowered slightly, improving especially the utility of support Lulu in 2v2 trades and fights.

Nautilus received a notable buff to the crowd control effects of his Depth Charge, doubling the knockup time to 1 second and adding the 1 / 1.5 / 2 second stun to targets hit along the path of the charge (as well as the target). The primary target still takes more damage than other champions in the patch of the charge, but now this ability disables any enemies it hits for the same duration.

Sona was hit with another round of nerfs targeted at her mobility from Song of Celerity and her early game with reduced cooldown reduction on the first two ranks of Crescendo. This should make Sona easier to punish when she makes mistakes in positioning and less oppressive after level 6, though she'll reach around the same level of power by late game.

Finally, Viktor received some more changes to the mobility of his Chaos Storm, there are a lot of numbers here, but essentially the storm moves at a more uniform speed (closer to the average of 300 ms) and can no longer be recalled to Viktor at maximum speed.

Notable Misc. Changes / Fixes

Upcoming Skins

The following skins will be released during patch 6.16:

Share Your Thoughts!

That's it on our end, time to hear from you guys! What are your thoughts on the changes to Ionian Fervor? Will you be planning to play Kled once he's released? How do you like the look of the new SKT skins, and which ones are your favorites?

Let us know in the comments below!
Thanks to Hoppermh for the sig!
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2016 7:26am | Report
Nautilus being one the first junglers I played on a consistent basis, I'm glad to see them making some improvements to Depth Charge as it usually felt lackluster compared to a lot of other ultimates. That said I think simply increasing the knock-up duration might have been sufficient by itself. To now also apply the stun to all targets in its path seems like it might be over the top as that amounts to a 2-3 second disable to potentially multiple targets depending on the rank. That is make or break territory.
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2016 7:47am | Report
VexRoth wrote:
Nautilus being one the first junglers I played on a consistent basis, I'm glad to see them making some improvements to Depth Charge as it usually felt lackluster compared to a lot of other ultimates. That said I think simply increasing the knock-up duration might have been sufficient by itself. To now also apply the stun to all targets in its path seems like it might be over the top as that amounts to a 2-3 second disable to potentially multiple targets depending on the rank. That is make or break territory.

I think that it will completely change the way he's played because it'll be better to ult from close range when the enemy team is grouped to hit two targets rather than the old LCS method of using the guaranteed inescapable stun on one far away person then running at then

Basically MOBAFire.
Weihna
<Member>
Weihna's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2016 12:35pm | Report
SKT Renekton's skin is cool, but it also looks a lot like Indominus Rex, they even share the same number of fingers
Welcome to the jungle!!!! lalalalala!! welcome to the juuuuungle!!! :3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide