Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Patch 7.9 Summary

Creator: PsiGuard May 2, 2017 8:54pm
1 2
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2017 8:54pm | Report

Hello and welcome to the MOBAFire Patch Summary - 7.9!

This is a pretty huge patch so we're gonna be trying something a little different. Instead of a lot of details and commentary, we're going to try to briefly cover all the notable changes and leave you with tooltips and links for you to find details on any that interest you.

As always, please check out the full patch notes for the full list of changes.

Tank Updates

P:

Q:

W:

E:

R:
P:

Q:

W:

E:

R:
P:

Q:

W:

E:

R:

New Durability Items

2800 gold (1000 recipe)

+ Health

+ Magic Resist

+ Health Regen

+ CDR

Passive: Mitigate damage from subsequent spells

2500 gold (980 recipe)

+ Armor

+ Magic Resist

Passive: Gain resists near enemies

Active: Gain health in team fights

Durability Item Adjustments

+ Armor
- Health
- Dmg to Champions
- Radius
- Radius - Dmg to Champions
- Radius
- Health
+ Magic Resist
+ Healing
- Magic Resist
- HP
+ Armor
+ Momentum gain
Passive tweaked
- HP
+ Crit Dmg Reduction
+ Slow %
- Slow Duration
+ Health Regen
- Cooldown
- Health Threshold
Reworked
+ AP
- MR
Health Regen Removed
Health Removed
New Build Path
Reworked
+ Health
+ Health Regen
+ Magic Resist
Ability Power Removed
New Build Path
Reworked
+ Attack Damage
- Armor
Magic Resist Removed
Revive with 50% base HP
+ Base AD
Shield based on bonus HP
Reworked
+ Health Regen
Dmg Reduction Removed
+ 5 Dmg to Minions
Health Regen passive

Attack Items

+100 Cost +5 AD
+15% Damage Deferred
+5 AD +5 AD -200 Cost
-100 Cost +50 Cost
+10 proc Dmg
New Build Path
On-hit Dmg Removed
+ 15% Bolt Damage Ratio
- Proc Dmg
+ Proc Charge Rate
+ Proc Dmg
- Bonus Minion Dmg
+50 Cost -10% Armor Pen -100 Cost
-10% Armor Pen
+5% Damage Amp
-100 Cost
-10% Armor Pen
-6% Max Armor Shred
-150 Cost
-5 AD
-10s Cooldown

Support Items & Quests

Ancient Coin and its upgrades have a new passive and quest. Nearby enemy minion deaths (that you don't last-hit) have a chance to drop gold or mana coins. After collecting 650 gold, gain a free skill point (reach max skills at level 17) and champion takedowns will drop coins.
Relic Shield and its upgrades have a new quest. Gain 650 gold through Spoils of War and be granted a permanent shield that regenerates out of combat. Executing minions accelerates the regeneration.
Spellthief's Edge and its upgrades have a new quest. Earn 650 gold through the Tribute passive to upgrade to Queen's Tribute, which grants a burst of movement speed upon Tribute procs. Frostfang, Frost Queen's Claim and Eye of the Watchers also received nerfs to their mana regen and buffs to their ability power. In addition, last-hitting a minion now disables the Tribute passive for Spellthief's Edge and Frostfang for 6 seconds instead of 12, but killing more minions additively increases the Tribute lockout rather than just refreshing it.

Rift Herald Update

Rift Herald has received some major gameplay changes as well as a visual update. Killing the Rift Herald now drops a consumable that lasts for several minutes and grants empowered recall to the holder. Consuming the item summons Rift Herald to push down the nearest lane. The Herald is especially strong at smashing down towers, but is still vulnerable to attacks from the rear when the eye on its back is open.

There are a lot of numbers changes to go along with this update, so click the image above to read the full details.

Rotating Game Modes

Dark Star: Singularity runs from 5/4/2017 at 11 AM PT to 5/15/2017 at 11:59 PM PT. Play as Dark Star Thresh in a 3v3 match on Cosmic Ruins, a new map with a Dark Star Thresh announcer and chilling new music.

• Hook or Flay opposing players and Abyss Scuttlers into the black hole in the center of the map to gain points
  • You’ll fly further the more damage you’ve taken, but you can’t die from health loss
  • The first team to 100 points wins the round, and the first team to win two rounds wins the game

You can unlock two icons for this game mode. Look out for more information as the Dark Star nears.

Splash Updates, New Skins and Chromas

Thanks to Hoppermh for the sig!
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2017 1:40am | Report
Inc every single ADC having a GA and every single APC having a Banshee's.

I think Frostfang's quest reward is the best one. The skill point is cool but I only really want an extra skill point at level 2 3 or 6.

New Sejuani skins are sooo nice! I love the Traditional one so much, might wanna start playing her again after 3 years.

New skins are nice, I think Dark Star might be my fave skin.. line, but I don't play either champ so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

by jhoijhoi
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2017 2:55am | Report
Love the layout of this news post! Saw the champion splash + QWER and icons and thought it'd look amazing in a guide ^^
♡ guide writing tips 'n tricks ♡ ashes to ashes ♡ fancy a sig? ♡

♡ sig by arrizen ♡
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2017 11:57am | Report
Ingame Essence Reaver only costs 3400, so this was changed as well. Unnoted in patch notes.
He is gonna kill you!!!
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2017 4:15pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:
Love the layout of this news post! Saw the champion splash + QWER and icons and thought it'd look amazing in a guide ^^

Thanks Jai, that means a lot. <3

NicknameMy wrote:
Ingame Essence Reaver only costs 3400, so this was changed as well. Unnoted in patch notes.

Thanks Nickname. I also want to check Banshee's Veil since I was really confused how it could build out of Fiendish Codex but not give any CDR (according to the notes).

Edit: Yep, it gives 10% CDR. Figures. Thanks for nothing Riot. >:(
Thanks to Lugignaf for the sig!
OverPowear
<Member>
OverPowear's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2017 10:16pm | Report
Sejuani NON-STOP! 24/7 I'll literally pick it every single game for at least 3 months haha
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2017 8:11am | Report
Doran's Shield on-hit damage only applies to minions. Already changed the database but you might want to change it in the summary as well.

Thanks for the overview!

By the way, for a few days, all Sejuani skins, including Traditional Sejuani , are up for sale again. I'll probably pick traditional up just for the splash lol.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2017 3:23pm | Report
Doran's Shield on-hit damage only applies to minions. Already changed the database but you might want to change it in the summary as well.

I remembered that being the case on the PBE but Riot's notes just said +5 on hit. Grrrrr....

Thanks for pointing it out, I'll fix the summary.
Thanks to Nyoike for the sig!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2017 6:08pm | Report
Isn't it funny that third parties always do a better job at noting things than Riot Games? (Compare Lolwiki to the League of Legends site)

Also, yay for the buff for Bruiser'Gath thanks to Sterak's Gage, demn base AD with Trinity Force and that huge shield. Plus Abyssal Mask for the damage increase on every Vorpal Spikes. Even Dead Man's Plate buffed for him. Only thing nerfed is Titanic Hydra since you have less HP overall now, but hey, just ult some more and it is fine.
He is gonna kill you!!!
RottedApples
<Inhouse Addict>
RottedApples's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 6, 2017 1:18pm | Report
you have 2 kircheis shard (or however the **** you spell that thing) in the post. i'm assuming the second was supposed to be statikk shiv?

Signature is from Ninja_Trigger's champion mastery thread!
New and slightly improved version is still up to date >HERE!<
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide