Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Regarding the Heartbleed security bug

Creator: Wayne3100 April 19, 2014 3:01am
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 19, 2014 3:01am | Report
Regarding the Heartbleed security bug
BY RIOTGRADIUS

There's been a lot of discussion surrounding the "Heartbleed" SSL security bug that impacted a lot of websites (this video does a good job of explaining the details). We dug into every League of Legends system and we're happy to report that no player information was exposed to this bug.

However, some players use their League of Legends login information on other websites and, because of how widespread the Heartbleed bug is, their accounts may still be vulnerable.

Just to be safe, we strongly encourage players to change their League of Legends passwords. Additionally, all League of Legends players should verify their email address for added security.

As always, we'll keep doing everything we can to protect your information and will keep you informed of any updates.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 19, 2014 10:12am | Report
most my login name are different from each other, but definitely have a different password and i didn't write it anywhere.

oh, and I logoff whenever i turn of my pc.

Sig made by Hogopogo
[deleted]
<Editor>
oxide110's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 19, 2014 3:59pm | Report
Pheyniex wrote:

most my login name are different from each other, but definitely have a different password and i didn't write it anywhere.

oh, and I logoff whenever i turn of my pc.

well if you logoff whenever you turn off your pc consider yourself protected.

London is one hour ahead of the rest of England -Luther3000

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide