Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Tristana update rocket jumps onto live!

Creator: Wayne3100 January 28, 2015 12:37pm
1 2
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2015 12:37pm | Report

By Fizznchips

After a brief stint on the PBE, Tristana's ready to rocket onto Summoner's Rift and show off her fancy new stuff. With redone models, textures and effects for all her skins, a new voice, and an explosively charged new ability, it's a fairly fundamental update. Check out our recent PBE article for the full story right here, or just look below for some pretty pictures!

Rock(et) out with your socks out with Tristana's Yordlefication bundle. This flexible cost bundle clocks in at 4046 RP (25% off), lasts until 11:59 PM PST on February 4 and includes the following:

Look closely and you'll note this isn't quite the full Tristana skin line-up. After asking around, it turns out Riot Girl Tristana was too busy gawking on social media at 2014's top ten rockets (you've never seen anything like number seven before!) to turn up. Good thing you can still pick her up for free by heading to the League of Legends facebook page, eh?

Excited to jump around with Tristana's update? Let us know if the comments below!

Source: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/champions-skins/champion-update/tristana-update-rocket-jumps-live

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2015 12:43pm | Report
Feels like her early game is worse now.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2015 4:06pm | Report
Joxuu wrote:
Feels like her early game is worse now.

feels like her everything is worse now

(don't let the RDF (riot defense force) hear this because this thread will fill with 200 ****sucking naysayers)
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2015 4:09pm | Report
caucheka wrote:

feels like her everything is worse now

(don't let the RDF (riot defense force) hear this because this thread will fill with 200 ****sucking naysayers)

I assume you mean me? ;p
Nah I kinda agree with you on this one.
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2015 4:14pm | Report
caucheka wrote:
feels like her everything is worse now.

That's the point of the rework.

Basically MOBAFire.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2015 4:49pm | Report
My first impression is that overall she's probably slightly weaker than before, but not bad by any means. Her new E has a lot of scaling which will do wonders to improve her formerly awful mid game, but I don't know if it's enough to make up for her AS and range nerfs in late game. In early game even if you're able to get like three autoattacks it's still only about the same damage as the old E.

On the plus side her E is interesting and actually involves gameplay now. Overall I think her kit got less toxic.
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2015 5:45pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:
On the plus side her E is interesting and actually involves gameplay now. Overall I think her kit got less toxic.

I agree with this. Tristana makes the game very stale in bot lane. There's honestly very little that you can do as an ADC to skilfully outplay a Tristana, because all she is is point and click. The only real thing is being able to cancel out her Rocket Jump, which is more up to the support than up to you as an ADC. She just really doesn't offer much in the way of skilfully playing against her. Her laning is binary, where her whole focus is last-hitting and just trying to use Explosive Shot on you and her late gmae is binary, where she just auto-attacks and peels with Rocket Jump and Buster Shot when necessary. There's just very little decision making with her and against her, and that's why I feel like her current kit is very stale.

New Tristana at least offers more decision making for the Tristana and the player against her. Effective use of Rocket Jump now requires some thinking. If she tags you with Explosive Shot, there's actually some reactionary play to it as opposed to just ripping off your shirt and taking the damage like a man as you play no differently. I like this a lot.

The two things that do set Tristana apart from other ADCs is self-peel, strength in extended engages and late-game tower sieging, alongside some of the best DPS. These are good changes overall.

Also, AP Tristana is dead. It such a shame that they removed a playstyle that was both fun to play as and play against, and offered a lot of potential for reactionary play.
Imma 'bout to end this man's whole career
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Kiniro Mosaic
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2015 6:34pm | Report
New trist is **** and she looks like ****. I can't believe Riot has done this! They made the hottest midget look like an ugly *** gremlin! I hope that the art team involved with this remake gets murdered by a sea of cats.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2015 12:22am | Report
Nvm. New Tristana E is borderline broken and new W deals more dmg combined with E (Early game is worse than it used to be still)

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2015 12:25am | Report
So her mid game/late game is more broken?
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide