Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

@ANNA

Creator: Nighthawk August 24, 2012 2:38pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

77 posts - page 6 of 8
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2012 10:14pm | Report
Canoas wrote:

There have been plenty of times before where people meet irl with someone they met on the internet from games or forums and it didn't end so well. I remember one time when two people from the same guild were talking about meeting. The whole guild thought it was a joke, but then one day she didn't log in. They contacted a gamemaster, and the matter escalated quickly until the company wasn't sure whether they could do the right thing and give the girl's address to the police or if they had to respect their privacy. Luckily, the 9/11 law about the state being able to intervene no matter what applied, and they were able to give the police the address of both players. The dude was a 30 something year old sex offender.

So, here's my advice: If you ever want to meet someone on the web make sure you've chatted through webcam before. At the very least you make sure you know each other, and if you're not comfortable enough for some webcam chatting then you have no chance of meeting each other in real life.

There are always stories like that Canoas and you are probably right. Though I doubt that is the issue here though. Btw during my trip I met 3 Moba Members and they didnt sexually intimidate me so Im good.
Incapacitate
<Member>
Incapacitate's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2012 10:39pm | Report
Hey guys, let's not bash on each other now, remember FLOSS EVERYDAY
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2012 10:42pm | Report

Hey guys, let's not bash on each other now, remember FLOSS EVERYDAY

I dont, Im having a wonderful time with Canoas here.
Incapacitate
<Member>
Incapacitate's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2012 10:46pm | Report
yo brobro i love lampshades
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2012 12:20am | Report
This thread shouldn't have existed. Period.

This thread is way too personal. It's one thing to propose to someone in front of everyone, but to do something like ask someone out who you've never met in person is really dumb and makes you both look stupid in the end. It makes nighthawk look desperate and a tad bit creepy and it puts vavena on the spot to make a very personal choice in a public setting rather than in private. If both sides felt head over heels for each other prior to this and it was obvious within the community, that's one thing, but sheesh, this is just dumb. Either or, do you have the money for an expensive "Fly halfway across the glove" ticket? Think rationally here people AND STOP ASKING OUT MY GODDAM WIFE. SHEESH!!!

Also, Canoas is right to some degree. [My thoughts are] If you're going to meet, do it in a place where more than one person from both sides can meet (aka a convention) so that the safety level on each side is there if things were to go horribly wrong.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2012 12:28am | Report
Toshabi wrote:

This thread shouldn't have existed. Period.

This thread is way too personal. It's one thing to propose to someone in front of everyone, but to do something like ask someone out who you've never met in person is really dumb and makes you both look stupid in the end. It makes nighthawk look desperate and a tad bit creepy and it puts vavena on the spot to make a very personal choice in a public setting rather than in private. If both sides felt head over heels for each other prior to this and it was obvious within the community, that's one thing, but sheesh, this is just dumb. Either or, do you have the money for an expensive "Fly halfway across the glove" ticket? Think rationally here people AND STOP ASKING OUT MY GODDAM WIFE. SHEESH!!!

Also, Canoas is right to some degree. [My thoughts are] If you're going to meet, do it in a place where more than one person from both sides can meet (aka a convention) so that the safety level on each side is there if things were to go horribly wrong.

Agreed 100%
Arcana3
<Altruistic Artist>
Arcana3's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2012 12:30am | Report
.... Uh...... Happy B-day.... Agree w/ people saying this thread shouldn't have existed
Thanks to everyone that has made me a sig!

Lacorpse JhoiJhoi Missmaw Xiron Xiao Kat CM Nameless Tinystar Me

Feel Free to +rep if I helped you out
Vavena
<Member>
Vavena's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2012 12:40am | Report
Toshabi wrote:

AND STOP ASKING OUT MY GODDAM WIFE. SHEESH!!!

hehe

Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2012 1:01am | Report
Toshabi wrote:

AND STOP ASKING OUT MY GODDAM WIFE. SHEESH!!!

Vavena wrote:

hehe

********it, cant troll u anymore now, can i :/?
Vavena
<Member>
Vavena's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2012 1:04am | Report
Yeah, you can't ^^
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide