Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides
's Forum Avatar

Anyone good at European History?

Creator: Bryun
November 19, 2012 12:09pm
7 posts page 1 of 1 Forums » Off Topic » Anyone good at European History?
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Bryun » November 19, 2012 12:09pm | Report
Hi friends,
I'm taking a Western Perspectives II class for college this semester, and history isn't my best subject. So I'm just asking for any helpful information I use to integrate so I can write my paper. Thanks so much in advance.

Here's my topic:

During the First World War, were the soldiers at the front as committed to the war in 1918 as they had been in 1914, when the war began?

Right now, I know that obviously they aren't as committed as they were in 1914 than 1918 because they didn't think the war would even last for 4 years.

I'm just having problems finding the main points in what led to their 'discouragement', ie, technology. It's a six page paper so any information is helpful! Thanks.

Bryun's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Posts: 2341
Joined: May 1st, 2011
Rep: Esteemed (309)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by IceCreamy » November 19, 2012 12:19pm | Report
- Their friends died.
- They missed their family.
- They got nowhere while fighting (basically commander told them to get out of trench, run at enemy,and every attacker died. Opposite commander did the same thing, and every attacker died. etc etc).
- They had tanks and poison gas to beat.
- No food.

Yay for my English teacher focusing on World War I poetry :P

gl with your paper!

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
IceCreamy
<Moderator>
Posts: 5981
Joined: Aug 14th, 2011
Rep: Esteemed (450)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Bryun » November 19, 2012 12:23pm | Report
IceCreamy wrote:

- Their friends died.
- They missed their family.
- They got nowhere while fighting (basically commander told them to get out of trench, run at enemy,and every attacker died. Opposite commander did the same thing, and every attacker died. etc etc).
- They had tanks and poison gas to beat.
- No food.

Yay for my English teacher focusing on World War I poetry :P

gl with your paper!


Thank you so much!
This helps :p

Bryun's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Posts: 2341
Joined: May 1st, 2011
Rep: Esteemed (309)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Pheyniex » November 19, 2012 1:13pm | Report
take into account chemical weapons in form of gases, use of airplanes and the confinement to trenches, probably something that redifined the way battles were fought. the line remained static for some years so it prbably seemed a neverending war.

IceCreamy wrote:

- Their friends died.
- They missed their family.
- They got nowhere while fighting (basically commander told them to get out of trench, run at enemy,and every attacker died. Opposite commander did the same thing, and every attacker died. etc etc).
- They had tanks and poison gas to beat.
- No food.

Yay for my English teacher focusing on World War I poetry :P

gl with your paper!


just like he said. ^^'

eiher way, it is natural to have demoralized troops if a war is long, whichever it may be.


As requested to GMD himself.
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Pheyniex
<Member>
Posts: 3877
Joined: Apr 5th, 2012
Rep: Memorable (71)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Bryun » November 19, 2012 1:36pm | Report
Pheyniex wrote:

take into account chemical weapons in form of gases, use of airplanes and the confinement to trenches, probably something that redifined the way battles were fought. the line remained static for some years so it prbably seemed a neverending war.



just like he said. ^^'

eiher way, it is natural to have demoralized troops if a war is long, whichever it may be.


ok thanks!

Bryun's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Posts: 2341
Joined: May 1st, 2011
Rep: Esteemed (309)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Toshabi » November 19, 2012 2:52pm | Report
Also, make so to talk about the horrors of trench warfare. That was a biggie which lead to the demoralization of the troops, what with the decrease in rations, sleeping in the dirt and the fact that trench warfare was probably the worst tactics to ever be used in a war.
IceCreamy wrote:

(1:07): I prefer your balls over ***hol












Toshabi's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Posts: 5946
Joined: Jan 18th, 2011
Rep: Renowned (509)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Bryun » November 19, 2012 3:07pm | Report
Toshabi wrote:

Also, make so to talk about the horrors of trench warfare. That was a biggie which lead to the demoralization of the troops, what with the decrease in rations, sleeping in the dirt and the fact that trench warfare was probably the worst tactics to ever be used in a war.


Thanks!

Bryun's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Posts: 2341
Joined: May 1st, 2011
Rep: Esteemed (309)
Blog   |   Profile

Quick Reply:

Guest commenting is currently disabled, please log in or sign up to respond!