Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ashamed of Being Human

Creator: CrimsonSkyz December 24, 2012 11:01am
80 posts - page 2 of 8
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CrimsonSkyz
<Member>
CrimsonSkyz's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 25, 2012 8:59am | Report
Toshabi wrote:

@thread title: you're a furry.

@thread content: what's wrong with people*. No need to generalize a country, you dimwitted MOBAFailian.

There is a reason to why I said "Americans". It's because all of this happened in America along with a ton of other crazy things that do not usually happen anywhere else. These people were born and raised in America and; therefore, American. These shootings have become more frequent and I'm getting sick of it. You say I should not generalize a country and change it to just "people", but these "people" are "people in America". That is basically "Americans" which is what it means by definition.
Darkness is Eternal
Currently on vacation~
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 25, 2012 9:29am | Report

There is a reason to why I said "Americans". It's because all of this happened in America along with a ton of other crazy things that do not usually happen anywhere else. These people were born and raised in America and; therefore, American. These shootings have become more frequent and I'm getting sick of it. You say I should not generalize a country and change it to just "people", but these "people" are "people in America". That is basically "Americans" which is what it means by definition.

• Germans were responsible for the holocaust.
  • Dutch caused terror, suffering and were responsible for mass murder in the East Indies during the 1700's. Also of course the occupation of Indonesia till it became independent in 1949.
  • French caused death and struck terror in europe during the time of Napoleon.
  • Spanish had Francisco Franco, a dictator who was in office from 1936 to 1975. Amongst many other things he supported the Nazi's during WWII; granting them weapon test sites, free access into Africa and they could use Spanish harbours.
  • Russia has its fair share in violence as well. Oktober revolution, Iosef Stalin, extremely poor treatment of PoW's during WWII.

Now I only covered a few European countries. But this list is endless. Do not put this on Americans. The reason we often hear this coming from America is because it makes up for a large part of the world and due to their gun laws, the means are easier acquired.
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 25, 2012 9:32am | Report

• Germans were responsible for the holocaust.
  • Dutch caused terror, suffering and were responsible for mass murder in the East Indies during the 1700's. Also of course the occupation of Indonesia till it became independent in 1949.
  • French caused death and struck terror in europe during the time of Napoleon.
  • Spanish had Francisco Franco, a dictator who was in office from 1936 to 1975. Amongst many other things he supported the Nazi's during WWII; granting them weapon test sites, free access into Africa and they could use Spanish harbours.
  • Russia has its fair share in violence as well. Oktober revolution, Iosef Stalin, extremely poor treatment of PoW's during WWII.

I just love how so many people seem to forget this. +rep for saving me 15 minutes of writing.

P.S. I have nothing agaisnt europeans. Most europeans I know of are from Mobafire, and you guys are pretty cool. No offense guys, but seriously, Europe is the last continent in the world who should point a finger to anyone doing anything related to slaughter and mass murder and all that ****. Like seriously. That would be like Jack The Ripper telling Charles Manson that he's a crazy sick **** for killing people.

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 25, 2012 9:47am | Report
Fox Rage wrote:

I just love how so many people seem to forget this. +rep for saving me 15 minutes of writing.

P.S. I have nothing agaisnt europeans. Most europeans I know of are from Mobafire, and you guys are pretty cool. No offense guys, but seriously, Europe is the last continent in the world who should point a finger to anyone doing anything related to slaughter and mass murder and all that ****. Like seriously. That would be like Jack The Ripper telling Charles Manson that he's a crazy sick **** for killing people.

First of all, the term 'European' is meaningless besides coming from the continent of Europe and that is where it ends really. It defines nothing. Second, I don't think you are completely right. America is, in fact, Europe that rose in a later era. European countries did lots of things which turned out to be not very fruitful. So I think countries outside of Europe can definitely learn from those mistakes. You are going to tell your children to do well in school, work hard and get good grades even though you might not have done that yourself. It doesn't make you a hypocrite, it makes you a teacher.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 25, 2012 10:36am | Report
like i was alive 100 years ago.... <.<

newly installed americans were so kind to natives... there is no moral in that argument, anway.

people did (and sill do, namely in places like the middle east) whatever it takes to preserve the majority (or simply the group he blongs to) and keep it untouched. be beliefs, fear, ignrance, desperatin. We are way past those centuries. (well not quite since there are still people cheering for 150 or even 2500 year old ideals)

Sig made by elenah
CrimsonSkyz
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 25, 2012 11:45am | Report
Fox Rage wrote:

I love how many people jump to conclusions so quickly. I did not forget about any of those horrible events. Who would?... I am simply talking about more current news and not news that happened several centuries ago. Sure there are still a lot of terrible events happening else where such as the stabbing in China, but this thread is focusing on the most recent events in America. I'm not saying all Americans are bad. That is definitely not true. It's just that a part of American society seems to be getting worse and worse and that's the part I'm ashamed of. The title and starting post was a bit too general I guess.
MUGETSU
Currently on vacation~
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 25, 2012 11:55am | Report

I love how many people jump to conclusions so quickly. I did not forget about any of those horrible events. Who would?... I am simply talking about more current news and not news that happened several centuries ago. Sure there are still a lot of terrible events happening else where such as the stabbing in China, but this thread is focusing on the most recent events in America. I'm not saying all Americans are bad. That is definitely not true. It's just that a part of American society seems to be getting worse and worse and that's the part I'm ashamed of. The title and starting post was a bit too general I guess.

Being ashamed of being human -> shoot your brains out and it's all over.
Being ashamed of being American -> move to another country.

Or do nothing with it. **** like that happens, deal with it. Humans do things just because they can; humans are evil by our own standards which is kind of ironic if you think about it. I just don't know what this thread is supposed to mean or accomplish other than maybe get attention for yourself.

Pheyniex wrote:

like i was alive 100 years ago.... <.<

newly installed americans were so kind to natives... there is no moral in that argument, anway.

people did (and sill do, namely in places like the middle east) whatever it takes to preserve the majority (or simply the group he blongs to) and keep it untouched. be beliefs, fear, ignrance, desperatin. We are way past those centuries. (well not quite since there are still people cheering for 150 or even 2500 year old ideals)

Ideals are bulletproof (yes clever movie quote) but also timeless. There is nothing wrong with fighting for ideals which are as old as the world itself; other than the fact that it is naive since ideals do never exist in the real world. My argument was made to show that humans always do "horrible" things regardless of nationality, era or ethnicity.

P.S. You might wanna do something about your spelling.
CrimsonSkyz
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 25, 2012 12:03pm | Report

Being ashamed of being human -> shoot your brains out and it's all over.
Being ashamed of being American -> move to another country.

Or do nothing with it. **** like that happens, deal with it. Humans do things just because they can; humans are evil by our own standards which is kind of ironic if you think about it. I just don't know what this thread is supposed to mean or accomplish other than maybe get attention for yourself.

I know stuff like this happens. Sadly I'm kind of getting used hearing all this stuff. This thread was just supposed to provide news of current events. Some people don't read the news so I posted this just to inform them. I could care less about getting attention. Keeping people informed instead of having them stuck inside their own "realities" and oblivious to what's happening in the world around them is all I care about.
Darkness is Eternal
Currently on vacation~
DemonSovereign
<Member>
DemonSovereign's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 25, 2012 12:09pm | Report
I think you guys are misunderstanding Crimson. He's no attention hog, I should know xD. He's just giving out some news and his opinion that's all. He's a fellow journalism student of mine. He tells people about the **** that's happening whether it is in or out of class.
Thanks TinyStar for the amazing sig<3
Care to check out my Mordekaiser guide? I'd appreciate it :D
Dark Metallica-Rocking With Mordekaiser
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 25, 2012 1:00pm | Report

I know stuff like this happens. Sadly I'm kind of getting used hearing all this stuff. This thread was just supposed to provide news of current events. Some people don't read the news so I posted this just to inform them. I could care less about getting attention. Keeping people informed instead of having them stuck inside their own "realities" and oblivious to what's happening in the world around them is all I care about.

Why sadly? It means you're starting to comprehend the world. I don't know why you'd post that kind of news here though. I doubt a lot of people are interested.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide