Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Ask the person below you a question

Creator: Oooneshot September 19, 2014 7:50am
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2016 4:23am | Report
as soon as you know that you will have to do something, make a plan(it doesn't matter how much time you have). Before you start wasting time, know what exactly you have to do and how much time it prohably takes. If you can break it up into several smaller steps, do so and figure out how much each step will take. Add at least 20-30% to that time because you most likely underestimated how long it takes. When you have that time it should be easy to figure out when you have to start to be able to finsih before your deadline. Ideally, you want to add another 20% in case you wanna take a break sometimes.

If you need to plan for something more complicated I could also show you a nice technique we had in logistics this semester.

have you tried the htc vive? what do you think about it?
TROLLing1999
<Member>
TROLLing1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2016 3:03pm | Report
No, and probably won't try it in the near future.

Does anyone have a good way to deal with mosquitoes? (it's a serious question, pls answer)
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2016 3:12pm | Report
Other than repellents? If you can, smoke will do it as well :^)

Lavender oil is used by many people in this city where I come from. A couple of drops on a ribbon or something and mosquitoes won't come near to you. Citronella candles work as well afaik.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009RSP38/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0009RSP38&linkCode=as2&tag=naturallivingideas-20

Garlic also helps with some people. Your pores give off the natural oils from it and mosquitoes (as well as many people!) hate it. Perfect for bullies and mosquitoes.

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2016 3:26pm | Report
ask a question already qq you are ruining this thread
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2016 4:11pm | Report
Does anyone have a good way to deal with mosquitoes? (it's a serious question, pls answer)
Just came back from a mosquito hell week (day 2: 81 bites on one person) so I sort of know the feeling.

We couldn't find the candle thingies anywhere but the repellent stuff works wonders. You need one with DEET, we had a spray (quite a few) with 50% DEET and it did its job. You aren't supposed to use it more than once a day usually but we found that using it twice a day is necessary to cover properly in some cases. If you take a shower you have to reapply. If the shower is far away, do yourself a favor and bring the DEET with you so you don't get killed on your way back. Apply other oils like sun protection stuff before applying this. Buy it at a pharmacy store.

As usual, smoke also works. If you're sitting down, wrap yourself in a cloth or whatever (we were sitting near a campfire, so we use them to keep warm usually as well) or wear clothing that protects as much as you can in your temperature. Dresses work very well we found out, but if you're not on a Disney Princess camp and you're a man, it might be a bit awkward sometimes.

This all from an outdoor camping perspective of course.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
TROLLing1999
<Member>
TROLLing1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2016 4:39pm | Report
Thanks guys for the response. Tbh, I did not expect one would answer seriously but it seems that mosquitoes are too big of a problem for a lot of people. I was actually looking for something I could use right away because I've been running desperately in my room trying to kill those damn insects with my hands, lol.

@Legend: From my experience, outdoor activities in the summer are definitely a mosquito hell but you know in advance what's going to happen so you do have the necessary supplies(unless it's your first time, in which case oh well...). I've been doing backpacking and free camping every summer for the last 3-4 years and I'm kinda prepared for this stuff. When you realize that you're out of everything you could use at home AND you forget to close the damn window, though, oh boy, that really hurts...

EDIT: We kind of ruined the thread...
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2016 5:30pm | Report
let's unruin the thread:

How was your day?
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2016 6:54pm | Report
I only woke up 3 hours ago, but it's been good so far :)

How long do you think it'll take until someone ruins the thread again?

Basically MOBAFire.
TheSilverDust
<Member>
TheSilverDust's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2016 8:32pm | Report
Until someone derails the discussion, which is to ask questions.

Am I gonna be able to get all of my subjects this semester?
Sig made by me!
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2016 1:43am | Report
How the hell should I know lol?

How the hell should I know lol?

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide