Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Genocide, USA, etc.

Creator: Canoas September 12, 2012 11:02am
88 posts - page 6 of 9
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2012 10:35pm | Report
Fox you get +rep just for maturity. :P
I don't even care about this debate, so I don't have a side in it, but I agree with what you're saying. ;D
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2012 5:42am | Report
@Fox Rage
Now you're just blatantly wrong and you know it. Here's the legal definition for genocide: any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life, calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; [and] forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

This is not up to debate, it's the legal definition, and slavery does not fit in this definition. You're probably going to say that slavery fits within the "forcibly transferring children of the group to another group", but it doesn't, as slaves were not children.

@nameless
Seriously, please stop being so fcking biased. here's what I said:
Canoas wrote:
Also, unlike you I'm actually on my master's right now. You know, getting some education? Some of us don't really fancy working in mcdonalds.
I have no idea how you read that and think I'm insulting mcdonald workers. It's not a blanket statement at all, anyone with half a brain can see that. Rude? Perhaps, but towards mooninites not the dudes who work at mcdonalds. But hey, let me do the thinking for you and simplify the comment:
"I don't have a job because, unlike you, I need to study so I can do what I want instead of having a ****ty job".
Please, explain to me how I insulted mcdonald's workers. I reeeeeeeaaaally want to know.

@Dillbutt
That was the main reason, but there's no reason for me not to let other people join in. At first this was named "continuation of the 9/11 thread" but Mowen forced me to change the topic so people know what this is about before joining. Now I thank her for that, because I can tell you to fck off. The topic title is VERY STRAIGHTFORWARD. If you aren't interested in this conversation there's no reason for you to be here at all. This goes for everyone else. Seriously, how can you not understand what the topic is about and why would you whine afterwards? There are plenty of topics that don't interest me so I never even open them, why won't you do the same? As the title and my first comment indicates, this was meant to be the continuation of the genocide discussion, someone might be interest in it as well or know something that we didn't. I think it's fairly reasonable to make a topic about it.

@Mooninites
That's why it's the strongest currency. It seems to me you don't understand it at all. Here's what happens:
1 dollar is worth 5 chinese yuan
China deflates their currency, so now:
1 dollar is worth 6 chinese yuan

Before you were giving them 5 yuan for 1 dollar, now you're giving them 6 and eventually you'll be giving them 7. Maybe for us it doesn't make a difference, but inside china it means the government is getting richer and richer by the second just due to the deflation and production of more yuans. They're basically constantly stealing money from all the population. The chinese get poorer and poorer by the second without losing any money at all while the government gets richer and richer.

I tried my best to explain it simply for you. Maybe now you can understand.

Also, how much is that bet going to be? 100€?
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2012 7:07am | Report
You've got half the idea. They deflate their currency to make their goods more competitive and as a result it makes other countries unable to compete with Chinese products. Also it's a controlled deflation they don't just print off yen. Yes they are stealing money from the people, it's a communist state, but they have the highest living standards in the world right?

Canoas wrote:

"I don't have a job because, unlike you, I need to study so I can do what I want instead of having a ****ty job".
Please, explain to me how I insulted mcdonald's workers. I reeeeeeeaaaally want to know.

you call working at mcdonalds a '****ty job' right in this post, how can you not see this?
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2012 7:19am | Report

i bet i can defend Hitler, Himler and the 3rd Reich, by your argument.

Sig made by elenah
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2012 7:42am | Report
Mooninites wrote:
you call working at mcdonalds a '****ty job' right in this post, how can you not see this?

Because there's nothing wrong with saying that. Working at mcdonalds is a ****ty job by any standard whatsoever. It is not insulting to people who work there, it's a fact. I have friends who used to work at mcdonalds, they all say the job sucked pretty hard. That's no one's dream job, no one says "When I grow up I want to flip burgers at mcdonalds". The people who work there know it is a ****ty job, this is not insulting at all.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2012 7:43am | Report
Pheyniex wrote:

i bet i can defend Hitler, Himler and the 3rd Reich, by your argument.

Not really. That destruction was pretty much Hitler's fault.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2012 10:05am | Report
Canoas wrote:

Because there's nothing wrong with saying that. Working at mcdonalds is a ****ty job by any standard whatsoever. It is not insulting to people who work there, it's a fact. I have friends who used to work at mcdonalds, they all say the job sucked pretty hard. That's no one's dream job, no one says "When I grow up I want to flip burgers at mcdonalds". The people who work there know it is a ****ty job, this is not insulting at all.

you don't seem to understand the difference between fact and opinion, not that I'm exactly surprised
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2012 10:43am | Report
Are you serious? You're going to say that flipping burgers at mcdonalds is a good job?
Ok then, I respect your opinion, but I'll ask you this: Why the **** are you in college? You don't need a degree to work in mcdonalds.
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2012 10:45am | Report
Canoas wrote:

@Fox Rage
Now you're just blatantly wrong and you know it. Here's the legal definition for genocide: any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life, calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; [and] forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

This is not up to debate, it's the legal definition, and slavery does not fit in this definition. You're probably going to say that slavery fits within the "forcibly transferring children of the group to another group", but it doesn't, as slaves were not children.

I would've dropped the ball a long time ago if I didn't think I was right. Hence the debate.

By using slavery, people are trying to assimilate that group. Take away all the man, mess up the educations of their kids, and their ya go. A nice little country that is now dependant on yours.

Assimilation is the destruction of a population. They cease to exist because they become you. You force them to imitate you.They become dependant of you and your living style.

Here's an exemple of an assimilation : Tibet.

China isn't butchering everyone out there. Instead, they put law so tibetan wouln't be able to practice their religion. They force tibetan children to learn chinese instead of the sino-tibetan language, at school. If someone break the law over there, he dies. Slowly but surely, Tibetan will cease to exist, because Chinese is attacking kid's education, therefore, Tibet's future. Add to that that the Dalai-Lama can't even go back to his home country to help his own followers. China hits the morale, the way of thinking and the education of tibetans.

Tibet is considered a genocide, because China is assimilating it, destroying Tibet completely from the inside.

Quoted:
deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life

So according to your statement, slavery is not inflicting a condition on a group of people? I'm pretty sure no one ever said '' When I'll be older, I'll be a slave like daddy!'' ''That's my son!''. Why? Because they were forced into it. They force terrible living condition to a humongous amount of people.

Back when slavery was much more popular, no one would've wanted kids of course. Kids aren't able to work 14 hours a day in a cotton field. Kids can't lift heavy *** stuff. Kids need to eat more often than adults. Why bother buying kid slaves when you can just buy the male slave and make him do all the work?

Now stuff is usually much smaller than it was, hence the reason so many country uses child workers.

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2012 10:47am | Report
Canoas wrote:

Are you serious? You're going to say that flipping burgers at mcdonalds is a good job?
Ok then, I respect your opinion, but I'll ask you this: Why the **** are you in college? You don't need a degree to work in mcdonalds.

Everyone know it's not an awesome job. You don't work there for fun. You work there to pay your bills. To pay your gas so you can go to college and work in the field you enjoy the most. To buy yourself new clothes. To go out and have fun with a bunch of friend. To take your crush at the restaurant.

Some people see a job at mcdonald as a **** job too low for themselves. I see it as an opportunity. An opportunity in wich you gain income. Income that gives you the opportunity of not being dependant on anyone.

Plus, writing that you worked at mcdonald in your resume is extremely well seen.

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide