Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Has Windows hit it's peak?

Creator: Searz March 4, 2012 2:47pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Zoki
<Member>
Zoki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2012 10:00am | Report
This is so pointless. Searz you god, ok? *Facepalm*

The language of friendship is not words, but meanings.
Sigs made by: LaCorpse, jhoijhoi, Katoki, JEFFY40HANDS, The_Nameless_Bard and Sk1llbug
-||- Check out my Master Yi guide -||-
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2012 11:12am | Report
Canoas wrote:

My computer can only run BF3 on medium and I don't have an SSD. I have no idea how it could take 60 seconds on such a good computer, even my 4 year old laptop booted vista faster.

Yea, it's weird. It was some high-end Asus laptop, and now that I think about it; the usual boot time is probably ~40sec for W7. But that's still way longer than the standard 20-25 it takes in XP.
A better comparison would probably be how long it takes from power on to Firefox startup. Because the computer still loads background applications when you reach the desktop. (I can sadly not start FF quickly, 700tabs, Q.Q)

Quoted:
I love the taskbar program pinning feature btw, it's really useful. There's also a feature that allows you to "dock" a window to the sides of the screen making it occupy only the left/right half, which I also use extensively specially while working. Aero Peak is also extremely useful. Those are the only 3 features I remember XP doesn't have and I use every day. I'd gladly have a 5 second longer boot just to keep these features.

Oh, yea. I might have made it sound really bad. I mean that I personally don't like the default way it works, but that it's possible to change it to what I like in the preferences.
Overall the new pinning feature is great.

I don't see how Aero Peek is functional though. To me it's just eyecandy.

An extended version of that window resizing function is in a lot of Linux distributions. It also works better.

I would not sacrifice ~15sec bootup time and ~500MB memory for a few small improvements. There's also a lot of problems with W7.
"I saw [Twilight: Eclipse] in theaters with a girl I was dating at the time. I spent more time staring at my toes and wiggling them than I did watching this abomination. When Edward proposed to Blank Face, I finally looked up with a revelation.
I blurted out loud, in a dead silent theater full of teenage girls on opening night "Wait a minute, Edward has no blood flow. How does he get an erection?" I heard several men laughing, and had several girls turn and stare at me.

I did not get laid that night." - Berengier817
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2012 11:15am | Report
Zoki wrote:

This is so pointless. Searz you god, ok? *Facepalm*

Yea, I'm apparently talking to a wall.
Both in terms of listening ability and in brain power.
"Nothing says I like you more than letting you drink my filtered urine." - deityignis

"MY WHOLE LIFE IS A WANK." - WTTNHK

"There are boobs...LOTS OF BOOBS. And then Obama comes out of no where." - JEFFY40HANDS, on Air Gear
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2012 5:13pm | Report
Searz wrote:

That's why I don't try to have intelligent debate on the internet anymore.

Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2012 5:57pm | Report
I use aero peek to go through several windows of the same program or sometimes to check on what's happening in other windows without having to change to them, mostly games.

I find it odd that my w7 is using so much ram though.. tomorrow I'll check it on my laptop.
Zoki
<Member>
Zoki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2012 4:38am | Report
Searz wrote:

You're talking? Haha, you so smart :D Hahahahahahhaah :D. All you do is flame other opinions with no ground to why they are bad.

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
Sigs made by: LaCorpse, jhoijhoi, Katoki, JEFFY40HANDS, The_Nameless_Bard and Sk1llbug
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2012 5:24am | Report
Walls don't talk, bro.

So shhh..
"Doing something, almost being done, then parents come in and don't let you finish.
Yes, I had a rough childhood." - devdevil
Zoki
<Member>
Zoki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2012 5:30am | Report
This is what I'm talking about. All you do is **** on everyone opinion with no reason that make those opinions bad because you're hating and everyone that does not hate is ******ed. Nice reply btw, shows just how stupid you are.

PS: Your stupidity amuses me :D Keep it up

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2012 12:00pm | Report
And thus began the legend of Wall-Z. The talking wall.
A legend about a flying ship of **** and a dying world. A world that only he could restore.

Zoki
<Member>
Zoki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2012 1:01pm | Report
I knew you like me after all. Your dedication to amuse me is endless :D. I've always had a thing for cheap comedy

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide