Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Is this balanced?(Math inside?)

Creator: Yukimaru February 9, 2012 7:35am
1 2
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2012 7:35am | Report
Ohai fellow Mobafireuser!

For a little free-time project of mine which aim is it to strenghten my PHP-Skills i have a question/request for you. I dont want any question bout this project of mine right now*still at a concept anyways and a lil bit ember***ing :<*

Its following:
Think about you are a Caster who crafts your own spells, every one of your spells also has 3 Values(Red, Green, Blue) ranging from 0 to X(for easier use we just say 100 now), so from 0 to 100.
That doesnt mean 0 is the "badest" and 100 the "best", it depends on the Values of the Enemie's Spell, because you throw your spell at him at the same time and you or your Enemie get a bonus depending on this, for example if you have 60 Red and he has 90 Green, you get a Bonus of 30, but if he has less green then your Red, he gets a bonus.
Heres a Screen for (hopefully) better understanding:The Arrows indicate that X beats Y, and if the Color is darker it means the Value is higher(there are no arrows going from light to light/dark to dark) also some of the arrows have a different Multiplicator, if there's no number its "x1" but for blue its a little bit different.
What i wanted to have is that if Player A has a Spell with Values of 100 Red, 100 Blue, 100 Green against Player B with 0 Red, 0 Blue and 0 Green, no one gets a bonus out of it.
So what are your thoughts about this? Would that be balanced enough or any suggestion/changes to it?

Also i made a Googledocument where you can Type in different Values and see the Boni/Mali of it if you are rly interested: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsGS1-IphSZidFNXQnFfMWVXMWZJTmZVdW5rekpxblE#gid=0
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2012 9:42am | Report
That is confusing as ****!

If you're planning on putting it in LoL, it'll never happen. Not because it's not balanced but, because it's so complicated to explain to anyone without an hour of so to think about it.

From what I understand, (I'll use Xl, Xd, etc. to refer to the colors) Xl beats Yd... but, Xd loses to Yl? Why?
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2012 10:01am | Report
I dont plan to implent this in any way into LoL, as i said its for a little personal project, and im not the best in explaining in german(my native language) so i guess its even worse in english ;<

Also i dont need a reason why color beats another color when its darker/lighter, as i said a lower value doesnt mean bader then a higher value, but if one Character has all value on highest and another one has all values on lowest no one should get a bonus/malus, thats the only criteria.
dont think of them as Element's, i just thought refering to them as spells is the "easiert" to explain it with.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2012 10:08am | Report
Lugignaf, you're awesome if you even undestand on WHAT he's trying to apply this.

Two mages simultaneously throw spells at each other, while different spell colors(elements?) are weaker/sronger against another?
Yeah.... you're trying to build yourself some kind of "Magicka meets Pokemon" or what??

If you want to present your idea so that the average guy can grasp it, try creating a base, like "red beats green", "green beats blue", "blue beats red" etc. and let it evolove from there.
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2012 10:20am | Report
@Darcurse:
dont think of them as Element's, i just thought refering to them as spells is the "easiert" to explain it with.

Hell i dont even said Elements anywhere, i used the original intended term i have for it, the only Terms i changed are Mage&Spell.
And the concept of "red beats green" "green beats blue" "blue beats red" was the initial thought and i changed it from there(cuz i found that also to straightforward/boring), hell i dont even considered that the Colors have a influence on themself(Dark green beats Light blue for example).
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2012 10:30am | Report
What the **** is wrong with blue there, why wouldn't you make everything equal if you want them balanced?

Did I get that right that the light blue ball is defensive, can't attack but gets a 200% multiplicator when "attacking" the dark blue one?

The blue stuff is the confusing **** here, because green and red are pretty much the same.
Just...please explain that in a logical way. :v

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2012 10:33am | Report
A Lighter blue gets pwned from a darker red&green, but the "power" is only the half, while a darker blue pwns a lighter green/red but only half the power.

That is compensated that a ligher blue owns a darker blue with 200%(also its the only color where a lower value beats a higher of the same color)
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2012 10:35am | Report
Blue OP. If you want it balanced, just give everything the same value(1x) and **** multiplicators.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2012 10:46am | Report
Also i just found out myself that this is unbalanced, because a playe r with 100 Red&Green cant get into a mali, so nvm bout this til i changed it :>
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2012 8:26am | Report
From the text above the pic it seems like the system gives a bonus to the one with the smallest amount of "power". Even if there is ONLY power to account for; that would be imbalanced.
There are reasons (there should be at least) for one being weaker than the other. That's an advantage that often is earned by the stronger one. Negate that difference and balance will likely crumble.

The pic doesn't make sense..

What you wrote below it makes a little sense, but you haven't written proper "ground-rules". There are many things unexplaned about this thing.
"If someone is ****, you point at them and declare "****!". Because this is the internet." - Serpentiferous

"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and little girls are the FBI." - ???
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide