Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Mafia! A game of Heroes and Villains

Creator: Ninja Trigger December 7, 2016 1:56pm
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2016 9:04am | Report
Definitely, well played Ekki!

When I died the first night I was so ****ing sure Vapora was behind it lol, I did not see any of the villains coming. Well except IceCreamy on the very end, but he was the sole captain of a sinking ship so that doesn't really count.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2016 10:07am | Report
Thanks for playing everyone :)

and thanks for posting updates on my behalf Meiyjhe, the past few days got really busy for me :(

I was hoping that the game would go on a little longer but with 2 afk deaths it was bound to end a little to early :(
Sig by Janitsu
Hoppermh
<Altruistic Artist>
Hoppermh's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2016 6:34am | Report
and with all the random jailing we did haha.

gg all o/ fun game!

<3? qq
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2016 6:37am | Report
and thanks for posting updates on my behalf Meiyjhe, the past few days got really busy for me :(
np mang <3

Btw are you guys interested in another game? Could be in a different theme then to keep it interesting. It will probably start after Christmas as I imagine most people being busy until then.
Change is gooooood
Picture by: My valentine; jamespongebob <3
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2016 7:31am | Report
Well, I've played enough for now to be honest.

Sign me up.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2016 7:43am | Report
If you are accepting suggestions for a theme, what about Lord of the Rings? A possible list of roles could be:

please refer to the edit below: here
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2016 8:10am | Report
Re4XN wrote:
If you are accepting suggestions for a theme, what about Lord of the Rings? A possible list of roles could be:

The Fellowship (Town):

Gandalf the Gray - Vists a person at night and yells "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!", preventing them from using their night ability. If he visits the Balrog, they both die. After a short while (determinded by the mod), he is resurrected as Gandalf the White with a new secret power (no idea what this could be, perhaps he is able to resurrect a fallen player?)
Riders of Rohan / Soldiers of Gondor - Townies
Legolas - Uses his nightvision to see a player's role for that night. A.K.A., the Investigator / Cop
Gimli - Beats a player up so they cannot vote the next day OR beats a player up at night so they cannot use their ability (don't know which one is better)
Frodo - Can follow someone during the night and see who they visited (X visited Y). Cannot be killed unless Sam is dead.
Sam - Each night can prevent a player from using their night ability. If Frodo is attacked, Sam will fend off the attacker (but not kill him). If Sam is attacked he dies.
Aragorn - Visit a player at night. If that player is attacked, Aragorn will kill the attacker.

Neutrals:

Balrog - Kills a person each night. If roleblocked by Gimli or Sam, they will die, but the Balrog will not kill the person they targeted. If target is Gandalf, both die.
Gollum - Find a person's exact role at night. If the target is Frodo, Gollum will attempt to kill him (succeeding only if Sam is dead).

Forces of Mordor (Mafia):

Nazgûl - a.k.a., the Mafiosi
Wormtongue - Mafia's Investigator (can find a player's role at night).
Saruman - Can use any role's ability at night.

Right now this works for 15 players. Even more roles can be added if we find people for them.
That could be interesting. Having a lot of kill roles could end the game quickly again though.

I personally was thinking of a League themed mafia game where the Noxians invades Bandle City:

The good:
Heimerdinger: Sends in drones to investigate someones house. If the person is leaving the house, you can also choose to let the drone follow the person instead. If the drones get destroyed, the following night you will be busy creating a new one.
Teemo: Has 3 shrooms. Can put them down at the doorstep and kill any intruder that decides to enter that night. Next night these shrooms are expired.
Lulu: Shields someone during night. Can also shield herself one time.
Ziggs: Can destroy a house (including his own). This will cause everyone inside and their visitors to die and makes it impossible to know what their roles were.

The neutral:
Veigar: Hurts someone during night (or destroy a drone). Once Veigar had hurt 5 people, he can murder anyone at command (even during day!). If he gets visited he will stun the enemies and hurt them as well, making him immume for night attacks. -Objective is to stand as the sole victor.
Amumu: Try to befriend the town. If you get killed, you are forced to kill a townie, making it appealing for the mafia to kill you.

The evil:
Talon: You are the one that murders during the night so you are the one potentially visible to the drones.
LeBlanc: Is able to make the body and house disappear with illusions. Making it impossible to guess what the role was of that house.
Kled: Not so... assassin. Can attack someone during the day. However, everyone will know your identity from that point on.

Just an idea.

EDIT: added more villain ideas
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2016 8:16am | Report
Re4XN wrote:

The Fellowship (Town):

Gandalf the Gray - Vists a person at night and yells "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!", preventing them from using their night ability. If he visits the Balrog, they both die. After a short while (determinded by the mod), he is resurrected as Gandalf the White with a new secret power (no idea what this could be, perhaps he is able to resurrect a fallen player?)
Legolas - Uses his nightvision to see a player's role for that night. A.K.A., the Investigator / Cop
Gimli - Beats a player up so they cannot vote the next day OR beats a player up at night so they cannot use their ability (don't know which one is better)
Frodo - Can follow someone during the night and see who they visited (X visited Y). Cannot be killed unless Sam is dead.
Sam - Each night can prevent a player from using their night ability. If Frodo is attacked, Sam will fend off the attacker (but not kill him). If Sam is attacked he dies.
Aragorn - Visit a player at night. If that player is attacked, Aragorn will kill the attacker.

Neutrals:

Balrog - Kills a person each night. If roleblocked by Gimli or Sam, they will die, but the Balrog will not kill the person they targeted. If target is Gandalf, both die.
Gollum - Find a person's exact role at night. If the target is Frodo, Gollum will attempt to kill him (succeeding only if Sam is dead).

Nazgûl - a.k.a., the Mafiosi
Saruman - Can use any role's ability at night.

Right now this works for 15 players. Even more roles can be added if we find people for them.

EDIT: if you want extra fun/complexity added, you can add The One Ring as a special item that can be passed from player to player (or kept) that grants its user a special ability (or enhances their current one). The bearer may choose to pass it on or destroy it.

that sounds pretty cool, here are some thoughts/questions:
Gandalfs resurrection should be completed at the start of the day after the next day IMO(so if he has to choose something, a mod has to pm him duricng the night before). I also don't really think he needs special abilities after ressurecting, a roleblock and a ressurect seems plenty. he could keep his old ones though.

all the roles interacting with another player should visit the player their interacting with(for example, if legolas checks someome's role, he has also visits them). This makes frodo a bit less op(since he has a fairly strong active and basically a doctor every night)

gimli's ability should definitly not be another roleblock.

can Aragorn protect himself(if so, the number of times he can do it should prohably be limited)?

I'd suggest adding some real goals for the neutrals this time, let's start with kill everyone else for balrog and make sure Frodo dies(it doesn't matter how he dies) for gollum.

I we take those, gollum sounds fairly balanced, but balrog has a really hard time since he is basically a mafia with only one member(he also can't really cooperate with anyone except maybe gollum).
I assume you took the idea from town of salem's werewolf which has stronger offense(kills everyone inluding visitors in a certain house) and defense(night immune), but only attacks every second night. ToS's roles in general seem slightly weaker than this one's, but the werewolf seems stronger than the balrog, so it should prohably be buffed a bit(I would simply add either the night immunity or the attack a player and everyone who visits that player part of ToS's werewolf).
I AM NOT AFFECTED BY ELOHELL. NOOBS AND TROLLS NEVER RUIN MY RANKED GAMES.
I DON'T GET STUCK AND I NEVER GET ONLY 2LP FOR A WIN.

I AM UNRANKED.

also check out my Ryze guide
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2016 8:16am | Report
I edited my post adding some stuff (including Boromir). Also, I think the LoTR theme is somewhat balanced(?), since there are only 2 kill roles (potentially 4, if Boromir aligns and Gollum finds Frodo), not counting the Bodyguard (Aragorn) and Gandalf.

@ mastrer1000

The Fellowship (Town):

Gandalf the Gray - Vists a person at night and yells "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!", preventing them from using their night ability. If he visits the Balrog, they both die. After a day and night has passed, he is resurrected as Gandalf the White. He keeps his roleblock.
Gimli - Beat someone up at night, preventing them from voting during the day (NEED SUGGESTIONS).
Frodo - Can follow someone during the night and see who they visited (X visited Y). Cannot be killed unless Sam is dead. If 2 people visited 1 person, Frodo will only know about the one he followed (if X and Y visited Z, Frodo will only see X).
Aragorn - Visit a player at night. If that player is attacked, Aragorn will kill the attacker. 1 self-defense.
Arwen - Doctor. Can't visit same person twice in a row. 1 self-heal.

Neutrals:

Balrog - Kills a person each night. If roleblocked by Gimli or Sam, they will die, but the Balrog will not kill the person they targeted. If target is Gandalf, both die. Immune at night (as in, cannot be killed by Mafia or Town).
Boromir - At any given point in the game, choose whether you remember your former self (align with The Fellowship) or if you succumb to the One Ring ( align with the Forces of Mordor). After choosing an alignment, you have 3 (?) arrows you can use to shoot people at night. If you are Town and shoot a town, you will commit suicide the next day, motivated by guilt.

Nazgûl - a.k.a., the Mafiosi, attacks a person each night.
Saruman - Can use any role's ability at night (except Gandalf's) OR can control a player into visiting another one / themselves (don't know which one is better).

If you want extra fun/complexity added, you can add The One Ring as a special item that can be passed from player to player (or kept) that grants its user a special ability (or enhances their current one). The bearer may choose to pass it on or destroy it.

Forgot about the win conditions. The Forces of Mordor win by destroying The Fellowship and vice-versa. Gollum wins with anyone (or if he finds the One Ring / killing Frodo). Balrog must kill The Fellowship or Forces of Mordor.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2016 9:51am | Report
Re4XN wrote:
Considering we had 10 people last game, expanding above 15 is one of the lower priorities :D

Ill add more roles to mine tho sec

EDIT: added
Change is gooooood
Picture by: My valentine; jamespongebob <3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide