Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 330 of 334
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 4, 2016 7:13pm | Report
Ekki wrote:
You might like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann if you haven't seen it. It's a bit on the comedic/silly side in some parts, but has plenty of seriousness.

^^^^

it basically is just "fun to watch." it throws away all logic and reasoning and is just a rollercoaster of emotions.

i'd definitely recommend it if you're bored. there are fan service moments tho
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 5, 2016 3:57am | Report
Think Im gonna rewatch the first season of attack on titan. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Now for a random question/discussion on anime logic;

In FMA:B I noticed a rather comical inconsistency. Edward's arm is supposedly very powerful and they frequently point out that it makes him stronger and more capable of defending himself than had he a regular arm, yet the damn thing gets busted, shattered or inoperable like 6 times through the series. I know it's kind of a trope, you know "The all powerful hero must be affected by ******** ex machinae to create the illusion of tension!" but if I was someone that couldn't call the tropes out, I'd come to the conclusion that Winry is the Mad Catz of automail engineers, or the damn thing is made of plywood and strings. It made it funner in the final episode, when yet again, the thing shattered and Al ex machinaes himself to get Ed's real arm back. Ed then uses his atrophied noodle arm to rip rebar out of his other arm, and relentlessly beat the **** out of the big bad. You mean to tell me that his noodle arm was able to withstand that kind of punishment over the automail?

This problem exists with Al's entire existence in his suit of armor as well; He is shown being impervious to bullets and other trauma (these would definitely dent the armor, at least) but other random ******** seems to damage it excluding alchemical means). Also why did NO ONE in the series ever think to just like, transmute him into a jungle gym or something silly? Is there some thing about the soul binding that would prevent that?
Idk just a random thought.

What do you guys think of all that? Got any other random things that stand out in other animes that had you scratching your heads? Does this kind of stuff bother you? I personally just find it pretty funny and fun to call attention to. (In other shows I enjoy when they lampshade phenomena such as this)
Darealone
<Member>
Darealone's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 8, 2016 3:41pm | Report
Finished Kabenari of the Iron Fortress. 2/10. Turrible...
I main...the entire top lane.
I miss: Tank Rengar top, AD Nidalee, Mash Keyboard Ryze...the OPs
TheSilverDust
<Member>
TheSilverDust's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 8, 2016 8:05pm | Report
Does anyone watch RELife? They leaked the whole season. :)

Darealone wrote:
Finished Kabenari of the Iron Fortress. 2/10. Turrible...

It went downhill from episode 9.
Sig made by me!
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2016 5:09am | Report
Does anyone watch RELife? They leaked the whole season. :)

I've liked it so far. I'm around 5th-6th episode atm. ReLIFE's been available before they started regular broadcast because it was streamed somewhere so that's why the whole season is out.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Slappiz
<Member>
Slappiz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2016 7:44am | Report
Joxuu wrote:

I've liked it so far. I'm around 5th-6th episode atm. ReLIFE's been available before they started regular broadcast because it was streamed somewhere so that's why the whole season is out.

It was released on Crunchyroll in the same way as seasons gets aired on Netflix.

It's a good show and I had a great time binge watching it.
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2016 7:25am | Report
Hi, I'm looking for an anime similar to log horizon. I don't really care about the setting or if there is a lot of action as long as it is interesting most of the time. It needs to have something similar to the part where they build a society with its own rules or at least people trying to outsmart each other though.
I also don't really like it there is a long saga about the hero going from average fighter(or maybe politician or something like that in the setting I want, idk) at best to THE BEST HERO IN THE WHOLE FREAKING UNIVERSE!!!111, but as long as the rest fits I'll bear with it.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2016 7:38am | Report
I mean I guess these are kind of what you might be looking for. tl;dr stories for both would be noobs trying to survive in other universe. Main characters are sort of trying to outsmart other groups and both animes have some action.

Hai to Gensou no Grimgar

Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shuku***u wo!

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2016 5:22pm | Report
Aku no Hana, anyone? It's insane. I've read a few tens of chapters and my opinion has been bouncing between insane in a bad way and insane in a good way for countless times now. Stumbled across it as a recommendation on the MAL page on Onani Master Kurosawa, let that be your trigger warning friends.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2016 6:03pm | Report
I just caught up with Shokugeki No Soma. I'm pretty happy with where the show is going - though I have this feeling in my balls that the show's going to get cancelled in the middle of season 3 or 4

I started to watch Re:Zero. One of my friends described it as the dark souls of anime. Another said that this anime is the reason she's always grumpy. I'm in for one hell of a ride lol.
I'm starting episode 4 now, and I've got to say that to me, this show seems kind of like, groundhog day.
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide