Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Official Mobafire PC thread

Creator: Vynertje August 3, 2015 11:59am
541 posts - page 51 of 55
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2016 11:20am | Report
Seems like AMD finally got the ball rolling with Polaris and Vulkan.

TL;DW: AMD's architecture is better than Nvidia's, but AMD's drivers are garbage compared to Nvidia's.
This is why Nvidia tends to have a lead under DirectX 9 to 11.
But this issue is removed with low-level APIs like Vulkan (or DX12) since these put the game performance entirely in the hands of the developers, making the hardware architecture the only thing that matters for performance.

Seems very likely that I'll be picking up an AMD RX480. I just hope the claimed 1080p at 120-240FPS with the hardware encoder holds true.
"Gold can't buy you rape." - Mr Sark
IPodPulse
<Altruistic Artist>
IPodPulse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2016 10:35pm | Report
Looking for some headset help. I currently have a Kingston hyper x Cloud and I really love them. My only problem is that the microphone is sensitive. I have my little brother right beside my desk and he talks rather loud. I try to edit my audio settings but I would have to yell if I don't want to get cut off every 5 seconds. Does anyone have any recommendations for another headset or maybe someway to possibly help me with this issue? I would really appreciate it.
If you found me helpful give me some +Rep :)
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 17, 2016 10:41am | Report
You should do the pink ward patented mic noise filter - that is - to put a washcloth over your mic xd
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 17, 2016 10:48am | Report
IPodPulse wrote:
Looking for some headset help. I currently have a Kingston hyper x Cloud and I really love them. My only problem is that the microphone is sensitive. I have my little brother right beside my desk and he talks rather loud. I try to edit my audio settings but I would have to yell if I don't want to get cut off every 5 seconds. Does anyone have any recommendations for another headset or maybe someway to possibly help me with this issue? I would really appreciate it.

kev just puch the ***

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
IPodPulse
<Altruistic Artist>
IPodPulse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 17, 2016 11:02am | Report
Janitsu wrote:

kev just puch the ***

Doesn't work, I've tried

utopus wrote:
You should do the pink ward patented mic noise filter - that is - to put a washcloth over your mic xd

This wouldn't be that bad of an idea but my mic is on my headset
If you found me helpful give me some +Rep :)
Signature Shop!|Tryndamere Guide|Rengar Guide

Let the hunt begin! And by hunt I mean signature finding, so why don't you check out Ubnoxius's signature shop for some signatures?
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 17, 2016 12:31pm | Report
Knit a tiny cozy for your mic, should work the same way.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 17, 2016 12:56pm | Report
IPodPulse wrote:
My only problem is that the microphone is sensitive. I have my little brother right beside my desk and he talks rather loud. I try to edit my audio settings but I would have to yell if I don't want to get cut off every 5 seconds. Does anyone have any recommendations for another headset or maybe someway to possibly help me with this issue? I would really appreciate it.

This is gonna be an issue with almost any headset you get. Especially if your brother is sitting close to you. If your brother is sitting at least a couple of meters away a noise-canceling mic might help, but there's no guarantee.
Have you considered replacing your brother instead? :D
Seriously though, the easiest thing to do if your own speaking volume is good is simply to make him talk more quietly.
"We've had a few gloomy years with bad console ports, and what do we get in the light at the end of the console-tunnel? A tablet OS ported to PC." - Atlas Tasume, on Windows 8
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 17, 2016 2:14pm | Report
Quoted:

Have you considered replacing your brother instead? :D

this
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 18, 2016 3:45am | Report
Searz wrote:
@Wayne and DisturbedFox
Let's take the mouse discussion to the PC thread. I'm considering buying a new one myself.

I currently have a (dying) Logitech G500 which I've personally always been very happy with. The most logical option therefore might be to look for something similar (I assume the G502 is its successor?), but at the same time I'm sure there are plenty of mice out there that fit my needs so I'll keep my options open.

A friend of mine swears by the Razer Deathadder, which in terms of design/shape looks quite similar to the Zowie mice that Fox mentioned in the other thread.

Ultimately, what I'm looking for is a mouse which:
- is comfortable (I realise this is subjective, but keep in mind I don't exactly have small hands)
- has 2 side buttons (a few more is fine, but I don't need a second keyboard on there)
- is accurate enough to play games such as League, Smite and Overwatch (casually); I'm not an expert on which DPI settings are best for that purpose but I'm pretty sure I don't need it to go up to a million :P

I'm probably more used to a heavy mouse (having used the G500 with added weights to it) but am sure I can adapt to something lighter as well, I just don't care whether it's the lightest out there - which iirc is what Searz recommended before - or not since I don't plan on playing any of those games competitively and am not a FPS gamer.

Budget: ~80 euros

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 18, 2016 4:52am | Report
Is there anything wrong with just grabbing another G500?
As for dpi, I and as far as I remember everyone I asked before is using ~1000 dpi. I used something around 2000 before, but 1000 feels way better. You really don't need a mouse that can do more than ~3-4000 dpi.

If you decide not to go for another g500, you should go to a store or to friends to try what mice feel comfortable to you(you can't really tell over the internet).

If you don't mid the extra weight, a second keyboard on a mouse is pretty great(I mainly use the extra buttons for replacing stuff like ctrl+c and ctrl+v when browsing the internet, but you can obviously use them for games as well). It takes a bit of getting used to and isn't for everyone though. Finding your ideal key configuration also takes some time(I have my G600 for since ~a year and I found my ideal setup like a month ago).

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide